Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

Partycat posted:

This build fixed the spazzing keyboard and has improved on performance a ton. Looking good !

Yeah, in general build 10581 has been excellent. I was stuck on 10536 so i'm seeing several builds worth of progress at once but overall, its nearly ready for primetime. Battery life is much much improved and I've had no major bugs in the last few days of using it.

Performance is still a downgrade from windows phone 8.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4fQDgNnf2s unfortunately although not as much as previous. Some of the aesthetic changes I really like (The circles thing is fine by me, the new people tile with larger circles looks better than before) except the lack of swiping for navigation in the music app.

Texting from my laptop with Cortana is mostly seemless although I hope they add the ability to receive texts on PC before release. If the rumors are to be believed that the release date for the new phones is November 16th (which to me seems soon) they don't have much time to add more stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Groove has unfucked itself and put my music back in the right order as well, which I am extremely grateful for.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I'm sad that they got rid of the main home screen animation of the tiles exploding to the left. I miss so much stuff in older versions :(

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

My 520 had an interesting morning - it got stuck rebooting (would show Vodafone carrier logo, would display the Nokia logo, but would never show the windows logo and actually load to the lock screen). Taking out the SIM card let it boot a few times, but unfortunately there's no way to put the SIM in whilst the battery is in. And now, it won't boot at all, just getting stuck like that, with or without SIM card.

Running whatever the latest release of 8.1 is that it's supporting, haven't done any updates or anything to cause this. Ideas?

e: now booting without SIM again, but the time and date is set to a random time from 2 years ago (presumably when phone was first powered on or something?)
e2: ok, so it now just seems to randomly hang on startup occasionally without the SIM, been unable to get it to boot with the SIM. I sorta wanted to wait until December or whenever to get a 950, but this isn't the first time a 520 has died on me.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 4, 2015

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Try using the windows phone recovery tool and see if that helps. If not, the 640 should be a cheap enough replacement to allow you to upgrade to either the 950 or the surface phone rumored to be coming out in May.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

wookieepelt posted:

Try using the windows phone recovery tool and see if that helps. If not, the 640 should be a cheap enough replacement to allow you to upgrade to either the 950 or the surface phone rumored to be coming out in May.

I managed to make it boot with the SIM card in by holding power and volume down right before it was about to crash and restart (so as the nokia logo had been up for 15 seconds) - it booted, but took a while to essentially "remember" everything - i.e. the date, time, action buttons in the notification pulldown took a while to be correct or appear, but all my apps and stuff were still there (which makes me doubt its the internal storage on the fritz). I was wondering if the antenna/SIM system was going at first, as that's what killed my last 520 (when taken out of flight mode, it would flicker very rapidly between no-SIM and the flight mode logo at the top right - Vodafone just said "nope" and replaced it free of charge), especially as it wouldn't connect to my wi-fi for the first 10 minutes, but it seems to be working now just fine.

I'm now just gonna try and never run down the battery or do anything intensive enough to crash it, as I don't want to have to try and make it boot again. If I have any more problems, I'll try the recovery app, it's a good idea. FWIW my budget is also quite limited, so if I got a 640 I wouldn't have the money to get a 950 on contract (I'm in the Lower Sixth Form, so I have no steady income source/job.)

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Unfortunately, I dropped the phone today and lost the battery, and had to go through the rigmarole of trying to get the drat thing to boot again.

First time I tried booting without the SIM, it went straight from carrier logo to a blue background with a sad face. That's never good.

After another few attempts it booted, and I managed to get it to boot with the SIM by just vol down + power button resetting everytime it got stuck on the Nokia logo. Interestingly, when I prised the battery up whilst on and inserted the SIM, it wouldn't recognise it. I wonder if either my SIM or the SIM reader is dodgy. I'll try with another sim and see.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 7, 2015

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tried the last build on my 925 (10581 if I'm not mistaken) and holy poo poo, this works flawless now. Good performance, messing all the time with it and battery life is rock solid. I'm gonna go ahead and install it on my 640XL and use it as daily driver for a few days and see what happens as it takes no time to fix with Microsoft recovery software.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
I installed this build on my 640 earlier this week as well, seems to work pretty flawless. Unfortunately I decided to do a hard reset last night because of some minor issues with some apps not notifying correctly, and now I'm missing Glance. I still have it in my Settings but it just doesn't launch. Seems to be no solution so far other than waiting, some casual Googling turns up suggestions that aren't working. I had it working before the hard reset as I just did an upgrade, but even then I couldn't access the settings.

Also, for some odd reason the Storage app no longer sees my internal storage and assigns a name of random characters(they keep changing too) to my MicroSD card. Can't even select where I want to store stuff anymore. SD card should be OK as it's fairly new and it worked perfectly prior to the upgrade, but I haven't scanned it yet. EDIT: Oh hey, known bug/feature...

Hopefully both will be fixed in the next release, but they're no dealbreakers whatsoever and I'm enjoying the upgrade.

Smoke fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 7, 2015

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Been using the latest WM10 build. Working perfectly cept one or two minor apps (analog clock tile is one but it'll get updated soon as the dev pointed on the store). I like the performance so far and the new keyboard for bigger screens is awesome, now I can text one handed again since you can shrink and align it to a side both on portrait and landscape. The only thing I don't quite like is that it seems to think both the NAND and SDCard are one or it doesn't show them separated properly wich makes me kinda scared if I reflash or install a newer build that everything on my SD will get wiped so I might just save all my photos on my PC just in case.

scavok
Feb 22, 2005
Is there a good turn by turn navigation app in WP10? HERE Drive on my Lumia 920 decided it wants to randomly stop updating my GPS location 1-15 minutes into a drive, right after moving to DC, so I'm wasting most of my life getting lost. From what I understand, HERE no longer supports Windows Phone either, so did Microsoft develop a native app?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Been using the latest WM10 build. Working perfectly cept one or two minor apps (analog clock tile is one but it'll get updated soon as the dev pointed on the store). I like the performance so far and the new keyboard for bigger screens is awesome, now I can text one handed again since you can shrink and align it to a side both on portrait and landscape. The only thing I don't quite like is that it seems to think both the NAND and SDCard are one or it doesn't show them separated properly wich makes me kinda scared if I reflash or install a newer build that everything on my SD will get wiped so I might just save all my photos on my PC just in case.

My understanding is that they basically raid the memory together, so, yeah, a reset is a reset of everything. OneDrive photo backup works so great though, why bother with anything else? :)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

My understanding is that they basically raid the memory together, so, yeah, a reset is a reset of everything. OneDrive photo backup works so great though, why bother with anything else? :)

It'll fuckup all the custom ringtones I make, wallpapers and that stuff. It's not a big deal but I liked to have my SDCard away from OS fuckery just in case some day the phone enters in a bootloop. I developed some paranoia after years of android.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Agreed on that, I never actually had to reset my Windows Phone, where I have had to reset my Android phones on average once per year, so I think that you can be pretty calm about it.

Also the wallpapers and such is backed up as well, though I am not sure about custom ringtones. When you reinstall your phone you get to pick from a list of past WP installs to restore from, and it appears to be reasonably solid (at least I have not heard of anyone having significant issues with it).

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

When I got this 925 to replace my 1020 and restored from backup, my ringtones came along too. I had to actually assign them I think, but they were all there.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Backup restoration is something that WP 8.1 got right compared to iOS and android. I mean, I did one with my 925 (before getting my 640XL), was messing with flashing, hosed up, restored with the windows utility and used a backup. Everything was there like nothing happened, cept for the music but just did a 10 minute copy/paste from my computer.

I wouldn't recommend using a 8.1 app backup when installing a 10 preview since it can be messy but is great if you go from preview to preview.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Guillermus posted:

I think there is a known issue in the latest preview build relating to SD cards. Basically if you set it how you want in 8.1 it'll function the same when you update, but if you reset the phone it defaults to phone storage and won't allow you to change to the SD card

scavok posted:

Is there a good turn by turn navigation app in WP10? HERE Drive on my Lumia 920 decided it wants to randomly stop updating my GPS location 1-15 minutes into a drive, right after moving to DC, so I'm wasting most of my life getting lost. From what I understand, HERE no longer supports Windows Phone either, so did Microsoft develop a native app?

Have you tried Waze? I used to use that. It worked.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

wookieepelt posted:

I think there is a known issue in the latest preview build relating to SD cards. Basically if you set it how you want in 8.1 it'll function the same when you update, but if you reset the phone it defaults to phone storage and won't allow you to change to the SD card

It doesn't work really. On 8.1 I set everything to be saved on the SDCard since the phone comes only with 8gb internal storage, I installed the preview and it doesn't let me select a thing but since I'm using a beta and I saved everything I'm not really complaining. As soon as they release another preview I'll do a reset and install stuff manually.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

wookieepelt posted:

Have you tried Waze? I used to use that. It worked.

I don't think Waze for WP has been updated in a year and a half or so. Google bought them, so...

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah , Waze is behind. Maps works okay for directions, minus the voice, which sounds like anroid. Backups are okay, though restoring an 8.1 backup onto 10 results in a bunch of broken icons. Since you can't restore without a reset/upgrade, that is better than nothing.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Here's a new and exciting problem. My pictures hub on my 640xl has stopped displaying any new photos I save or take. It shows a grey square in the thumbnails and then it displays the message "Cannot display this picture now, try again later." Anyone seen this or heard of it? I'm not having a lot of luck with google.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does the Bluetooth stack still kill audio output in 10? Cause the Bluetooth implementation in 8.1 is poo poo.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Alternative pants posted:

Here's a new and exciting problem. My pictures hub on my 640xl has stopped displaying any new photos I save or take. It shows a grey square in the thumbnails and then it displays the message "Cannot display this picture now, try again later." Anyone seen this or heard of it? I'm not having a lot of luck with google.
Long shot really, but had a similar problem with an Android phone recently that turned out to be oxidized contacts on the micro SD card where the photos were stored. Grey squares in the preview; couldn't Bluetooth photos out of the phone or attach them to a mail. Just had to clean the contacts up a bit and everything worked fine again. Wouldn't have seen a problem on visual inspection of the card, just was lucky I randomly tried that.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

11/20 for Lumia 950?

http://www.windowscentral.com/att-lumia-950-friday-november-20

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is it FCC approved yet?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

CharlesM posted:

Is it FCC approved yet?

Yeah, it cleared FCC late last week.

Edit: http://wmpoweruser.com/lumia-950-pass-through-the-fcc/

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

I've got a few questions regarding the new luminas/windows phone 10. My galaxy note 2 just died and now i am back on my ye olde omnia 7 and am looking at the 950 XL and have a few questions.

Does the windows phones native music app have an equalizer and does it auto play when you have synced the blutooth with a car?

How is the blutooth on the windows phones? To connect my old omnia i've got to delete the phone from my car then resync it to use it. Its a real pain.

Does the windows phones still use zune? if not, how it the the newer software? is it better?

How is the app store now? the windows phone 7 one is plain awful and full of just awful stuff.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snakes in a can posted:

Does the windows phones native music app have an equalizer and does it auto play when you have synced the blutooth with a car?
There is a system-wide equalizer. It does autoplay when you connect to your car and it will either continue where you left off or start playing a shuffle of all your music.

Snakes in a can posted:

How is the blutooth on the windows phones? To connect my old omnia i've got to delete the phone from my car then resync it to use it. Its a real pain.
I've never had any issues with it. Pretty decent.

Snakes in a can posted:

Does the windows phones still use zune? if not, how it the the newer software? is it better?
Nope. The phone shows up in explorer, similar to android, and you can copy stuff to it directly. There's a companion app that'll sync stuff automatically, but the last time I used it it was worse than Zune by quite a margin.

Snakes in a can posted:

How is the app store now? the windows phone 7 one is plain awful and full of just awful stuff.
Not much better. The Win10 store is about 1-2 years behind Play and the App Store, both in what's available and how up to date apps are. This might change as Windows 10 universal apps gain traction, but that's much more of a "wait and see" than a reasonable expectation at this point.

I'm willing to stand corrected on everything, of course.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

If memory management closes your music app, it may still show when pressing volume that music is paused but it won't play upon connect.

Bluetooth is okay on most phones. On the 635, with sync, Cortana is a phone call which sounds like rear end through the stereo.

Apps are okay for most phone users. Some are behind, some don't exist, and some are up to date. You can always browse the store from the web and see.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've had more luck with apps lately and am currently at a loss as to what I'm missing beyond a proper Steam app. Pinning mobile sites as tiles generally fills in the gaps otherwise, although I'm not representative of a power user.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Snakes in a can posted:

I've got a few questions regarding the new luminas/windows phone 10. My galaxy note 2 just died and now i am back on my ye olde omnia 7 and am looking at the 950 XL and have a few questions.

Bluetooth was actually one of the few things I can honestly say was better on my 930 with windows 10 than on my iphone. My car would read out incoming texts to me, which it can no longer do, and it would pair every single time and start playing music without fail. with the iphone it takes a little bit longer to pair and I'd say 1 in 5 times it doesn't pair fast enough and the car starts playing the radio instead of my music, and maybe 1 in 20 times it doesn't pair at all and i have to cycle bluetooth on and off on my phone before it pairs.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Long shot really, but had a similar problem with an Android phone recently that turned out to be oxidized contacts on the micro SD card where the photos were stored. Grey squares in the preview; couldn't Bluetooth photos out of the phone or attach them to a mail. Just had to clean the contacts up a bit and everything worked fine again. Wouldn't have seen a problem on visual inspection of the card, just was lucky I randomly tried that.

Thanks for the input. It turns out the SD card itself was actually corrupted. Fortunately 32GB isn't that expensive.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

AtomD posted:

There is a system-wide equalizer. It does autoplay when you connect to your car and it will either continue where you left off or start playing a shuffle of all your music.

I've never had any issues with it. Pretty decent.

Nope. The phone shows up in explorer, similar to android, and you can copy stuff to it directly. There's a companion app that'll sync stuff automatically, but the last time I used it it was worse than Zune by quite a margin.

Not much better. The Win10 store is about 1-2 years behind Play and the App Store, both in what's available and how up to date apps are. This might change as Windows 10 universal apps gain traction, but that's much more of a "wait and see" than a reasonable expectation at this point.

I'm willing to stand corrected on everything, of course.

The Lord Bude posted:

Bluetooth was actually one of the few things I can honestly say was better on my 930 with windows 10 than on my iphone. My car would read out incoming texts to me, which it can no longer do, and it would pair every single time and start playing music without fail. with the iphone it takes a little bit longer to pair and I'd say 1 in 5 times it doesn't pair fast enough and the car starts playing the radio instead of my music, and maybe 1 in 20 times it doesn't pair at all and i have to cycle bluetooth on and off on my phone before it pairs.

I've got a few more questions.

Are you able to set default aps for things? as in open links in chrome or firefox and not the native browser?

i assume theirs a pulldown menu like android? or is it like the iOS one?

How is the multi tasking? android did a decent job for me with rarely having to reload apps (mainly only ram intensive things like games).

hows the integration of google calendars and other google-esk things? microsoft used to have a hard-on for using their stuff.

I sat down all day yesterday and microsoft have 2 projects going to fix their atrocious app selection. Project astoria apparently emulates android stuff so you can run android apps on the phone but they recently removed it from test build as it was causing issues for the phones and Project islandwood that allows app developers to use most if, not all of their original iOS code to recreate the iSO app to run on windows phone. Both look promising, microsoft have taken their sweet time but having access to iOS and android apps could be quite the perk.

Thanks for the answers so far, 950 XL is looking better and better. I really am a big fan of the tile system.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Snakes in a can posted:

Are you able to set default aps for things? as in open links in chrome or firefox and not the native browser?

How is the multi tasking? android did a decent job for me with rarely having to reload apps (mainly only ram intensive things like games).

hows the integration of google calendars and other google-esk things? microsoft used to have a hard-on for using their stuff.

I sat down all day yesterday and microsoft have 2 projects going to fix their atrocious app selection. Project astoria apparently emulates android stuff so you can run android apps on the phone but they recently removed it from test build as it was causing issues for the phones and Project islandwood that allows app developers to use most if, not all of their original iOS code to recreate the iSO app to run on windows phone. Both look promising, microsoft have taken their sweet time but having access to iOS and android apps could be quite the perk.

Thanks for the answers so far, 950 XL is looking better and better. I really am a big fan of the tile system.

As far as I know, there really isn't a lot of browser choices right now. Google doesn't support the platform with apps and I heard Mozilla was developing a mobile browser, or rather a universal app browser, but until that comes out there are a few browsers in the store that you can look at. On windows 10 on my tablet picking defaults is done in the settings menu.

Google calendars, contacts, and email plug right in to the default Outlook app, as well as the OS. Just enter your email and password.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I've had more luck with apps lately and am currently at a loss as to what I'm missing beyond a proper Steam app. Pinning mobile sites as tiles generally fills in the gaps otherwise, although I'm not representative of a power user.

Snapchat is really the only one that gives me genuine reason to switch to another platform - most of the others apps that people I know have on other platforms that WP doesn't are just games, which aren't really what I use my phone for.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Snakes in a can posted:

1. Not really. There are no other browsers really, and If someone deigned to make one I'm pretty sure there are iOS style restrictions - ie 3rd party browsers would just be a reskin of the stock browser pretty much. I'm fairly certain you can't change default apps, not that there are any to change too as far as duplicating stock functions goes. That being said, the built in functionality of windows phone is really really good as far as email, messaging, contacts management, office apps, navigation etc go - You don't really need to get an alternative for any of the microsoft apps, apart from weather if you live in Australia, since any weather app that doesn't source data from the BoM is near useless here. Overall, Microsoft's approach to the whole walled garden way of thinking is much closer to Apple than Android - and you get timely updates.

2. if you're referring to the notification screen, then yes, there is one. It works more like android than iphone.

3. The interface for multi tasking is very similar to iOS 9, and you bring it up by long pressing the back button. In theory, the OS does all that memory management stuff, but in practice it's kinda hosed, and always has been - heaps of apps, including some in house stuff are riddled with memory leaks, runaway background processes that drain your battery in an hour, etc. These issues keep cropping up over the years, and I had an app to alert me to unusual battery drain. I also religiously force closed apps I wasn't using. I haven't used windows phone 10 since the iphone 6S+ came out though, and I've heard they've done a ton of work since then.

4. Google is being a petty shitstain when it comes to supporting windows phone. Apple is large enough that they have to play nice, but they go out of their way to make life hard for windows phone users.

The cameras on lumia flagships have always been best in class, though the software is geared more towards pro users. The average photography novice will likely take better photos with an iphone despite the inferior camera.

Overall, as someone who's owned a galaxy S, galaxy nexus, lumia 920, lumia 930, and now an iphone 6S+, my opinion is this:

If you're buying a lower end or even midrange phone, a lumia will be a vastly better experience than an android handset. If you want a top tier flagship experience, buy an iphone. I personally would not buy an android phone under any circumstances due to the giant security clusterfuck the platform has become.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 13, 2015

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I feel the same way. Android is off the table for me because the ecosystem is such a loving mess. That's in addition to my general distaste for Google's overall modus operandi: Track everything you do for advertising, cram bad products down your throat, and kill them completely when they don't get enough traction.

I'm really looking forward to a 950, but that's I'm lucky enough that I can argue for a company iPhone. Yes, I carry two phones, so I can keep company stuff on the one, and my personal stuff completely isolated from corporate management. If that wasn't the case, it'd be a much harder choice between Win10 mobile or a new iPhone.

Mr Funkface
Dec 21, 2009

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I feel the same way. Android is off the table for me because the ecosystem is such a loving mess. That's in addition to my general distaste for Google's overall modus operandi: Track everything you do for advertising, cram bad products down your throat, and kill them completely when they don't get enough traction.

I'm really looking forward to a 950, but that's I'm lucky enough that I can argue for a company iPhone. Yes, I carry two phones, so I can keep company stuff on the one, and my personal stuff completely isolated from corporate management. If that wasn't the case, it'd be a much harder choice between Win10 mobile or a new iPhone.

Windows is very good (though not perfect) with dual SIM - I've been using a dual SIM 640 for a few months, work and personal, and can't recommend it enough over carrying two phones. Can be scuppered if, as you alude, you have corporate restrictions/snooping/control but my company doesn't do that so whoppee for me.

Any word on the 950 dual SIM and how Win 10 handles a dual SIM setup? I was on the fast track win 10 on my 1520 which I smashed and no longer use, it was a pig but this was at least 3 months ago. Is it safe to put Win 10 yet for a daily?

RE: whether you should get a win phone - emphaticlly yes if you're not interested in expanding the inbuilt functions. The stock calendar, email etc. are excellent, at least for my use. My pain is mobile banking which is being shitcanned in favour of mobile site which is a bunch of bullshit. Lots of 3rd party apps are still there though: webex, skype (obv.), facebook, tinder (clone), candy crush. I'm not really a power user so iunno. Also I can't get to enjoy using iOS, it just doesn't gel.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
The point I was making was I absolutely want two, distinct devices. I'm an IT admin; I know exactly how much control my company can exert over my devices if they so choose. To ensure my personal data stays personal to me, I don't put work data on my personal device. I don't connect it to my office Wi-Fi network. My text messages, call logs, and web browsing are mine (and AT&T's) alone.

At the same time, I don't put my Facebook or Twitter account info on my work device. No dating apps. No messaging apps. Anything that is somewhat sensitive gets its own, new account, typically tied to my corporate email.

There are some games on my company iPhone, and my Pandora account. Nothing I particularly care about keeping especially private. Even if someone had an axe to grind against me, I doubt my preference for modern folk music would be of much use :v:

To be clear, I'm posting this from a 1520, that I do enjoy. I'm looking at the 950 (not the XL) because I don't need all the screen size at this point. I'm a big fan of Win 8/10, and the productivity built-in apps are absolutely best-in-class.

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
According to people talking to Windows Central, Project Astoria (The whole "Running an Android VM on Windows 10" stuff) was either delayed or canceled. It was removed from the last few betas, including the apparent newest build to be released.

I won't miss it. :)