Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Polygon review accidently went up early, gave the game a 6.5 out of 10 lol

NOT ENOUGH STRONG EMPOWERED WOMEN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN AND TOO MANY SWINGING DICKS

11.5/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah the reviews for this game are GLOWING. That's a massive relief. It's going to be a long work day..

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gamespot: "+Thought-provoking narrative"

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

12 minute loving decryption bullshit i paid money to play at 10/11/15 on the dot 0/10 bethesda

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Decrypting. By which I mean patching. Don't call it that, though. It's just 28 more minutes to reflect on how much I'll hate this game because polygon didn't like it.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

decrypting on my old rear end cpu

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-09-fallout-4-review

"Your reaction to Fallout 4 will depend greatly on your expectations. If you're a fan of the series - or at least Bethesda's rebooted first-person take on it - then you'll find everything you wanted, and more. If you despair of Bethesda's creaking game engine, with its frequent glitches, stutters and occasional fatal crashes, then you'll also find everything you feared."

Hurray, something for everyone!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah I went by word of mouth, probably some troll. It's a 9.5.

Eurogamer gave it a recommendation, but had this to say;

quote:

Your reaction to Fallout 4 will depend greatly on your expectations. If you're a fan of the series - or at least Bethesda's rebooted first-person take on it - then you'll find everything you wanted, and more. If you despair of Bethesda's creaking game engine, with its frequent glitches, stutters and occasional fatal crashes, then you'll also find everything you feared.

So yeah you're gonna get the usual janky mess on consoles. Steam all the way for me.

efb

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Guess the joke is on me for not setting up and connecting the VPN hours ago. Guess now I gotta wait till freedome actually successfully connects.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
cmooooon

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

vpn worked here (i set it up 5 mins ago) and i am now playing fallout 4 and am gay

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Jeoh posted:

vpn worked here (i set it up 5 mins ago) and i am now playing fallout 4 and am gay

Which one?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

vyprvpn

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What location should I pick in Freedome? NZ isn't an option

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

So yeah you're gonna get the usual janky mess on consoles. Steam all the way for me.

efb

I wonder how many quests will have the secret last objective: Open the console and spawn the object that was meant to appear at this point.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Melbourne, AU. Good luck actually getting it to connect, though!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Big name AAA video game is praised by journalists all around the world.

Everybody is shocked, nobody saw that one coming.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Australia will do, if they have one. Try Sydney.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

:smug: feels good man

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

neither freedome or vypr are working for me

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bholder posted:

Big name AAA video game is praised by journalists all around the world.

Everybody is shocked, nobody saw that one coming.

We need to step up our game and make people think 9.5 is the new 8. Unacceptable and insulting unless its a perfect 10.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Is Australia working for people as well? I got connected and it still said 16 hours to unlock.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Unlocking via VPN now and its hilarious to me this even works.

I don't even understand why a global digital service would have timezones other than for pricing. GMT is the one true god.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Has anyone who ordered fallout4 on Green Man Gaming gotten their activation code yet? I got one for the season pass via email but not for the full game, and when I go to the Green Man account page I don't have any games in my library.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ubisoft would loving murder a school of infants to have the pass on bugs that most people give Bethesda

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does it set itself automatically based on your system? I usually have to tweak it a bit, I just don't want to have to flit in and out of game for an hour making sure it run smooth before getting into it.

Only 8.5 hours of work left. :(

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Sheep posted:

Is Australia working for people as well? I got connected and it still said 16 hours to unlock.

I'm in Australia and can confirm our internet is working and the game is unlocked.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

vyprvpn's site is not loading, anyone have a copy of the installer?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

kickascii posted:

Has anyone who ordered fallout4 on Green Man Gaming gotten their activation code yet? I got one for the season pass via email but not for the full game, and when I go to the Green Man account page I don't have any games in my library.

Those codes went out days ago, if it's not even in your games > steam games (not library) list then you might have a problem.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

kickascii posted:

On the Games tab, you should see a "Steam Games" with a little > triangle beside it. Click that triangle.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Overblown Min specs confirmed.
My RAM and CPU are well below the minimum (but can run Witcher 3 and Skyrim fine), game auto detected settings to High.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the game was an unplayable mess. nothing worked and the framerate was bad. the graphics are mediocre at best and at one point the console stood up on cartoon legs and walked over to my sleeping infant's crib, crawled inside, and strangled my child to death. the narrative was thought provoking. 8.5/10

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

On the Games tab, you should see a "Steam Games" with a little > triangle beside it. Click that triangle.

It's really silly GMG couldn't send the codes together in the same email.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

vyprvpn's site is not loading, anyone have a copy of the installer?

don't bother, it's getting utterly slammed and won't connect anyway

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
gently caress yeah, my preload lost about 10GB when I clicked on unlock, it was at 100%. Thanks Steam! Really didn't want to play this.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i like the tang of this australian internet, it reminds of open landscapes, exotic fauna and friendly drunken people having barbeques, chattering in their nearly correct tongue

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

QuantaStarFire posted:

It's really silly GMG couldn't send the codes together in the same email.

I got mine hours after it showed up on my account page. It's a weird system.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Time to.... preload the game :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like how bad Australian internet is

• Locked thread