Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

don't bother, it's getting utterly slammed and won't connect anyway

This. I got the SoftEther VPN to work, but it's slow as gently caress so it's gonna take a bit. Good thing there's no patch to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ontrax
Jun 4, 2006
Does anyone have a working VPN? vyprvpn isn't working.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

the game was an unplayable mess. nothing worked and the framerate was bad. the graphics are mediocre at best and at one point the console stood up on cartoon legs and walked over to my sleeping infant's crib, crawled inside, and strangled my child to death. the narrative was thought provoking. 8.5/10

Man this review really had me on the fence, but I don't have an infant so It's a real day one situation for me.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Popelmon posted:

gently caress yeah, my preload lost about 10GB when I clicked on unlock, it was at 100%. Thanks Steam! Really didn't want to play this.

I just had something similar happen although it was just 25% of the preload file. I had the VPN i was using disconnect midway and when I relaunched steam a chunk was missing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

yeah vyprvpn is getting fuckin slammed, and freedome wont connect

i should have done this beforehand...

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I would like to personally thank New Zealand for allowing me to borrow their timezone.

I've noticed you only need the vpn connected for the first signin. If it's downloading something very slowly over the vpn, you're already past the point where you could disconnect it and use your regular internet. Theres a couple hundred megabyte patch, and my vpn was only giving me like 200 kilobytes per second. I basically logged in, saw it now says "play" not preload, then disconnected the vpn and attempted the update. Hope this helps~

edit: privateinternetaccess best vpn

edit2: idk sorry man worked for me only had to download a couple hundred mb

edit a couple days later in case anyone passes through i had to refund this game it was not what i had expected. They didn't mind nor seem to know that I had played it early. Because I was slightly over the max time to do a refund and i had some other questions i had to talk to support and figured for some reason they would know i had played early :\

Incomplete Fish fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 13, 2015

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Eonwe posted:

I like how bad Australian internet is

Same, really helps me forget I live in a first world country.

I download the fallout. Hopefully they don't release another, better version for the price of a full game later. ALA New Vegas

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mr Beens posted:

Overblown Min specs confirmed.
My RAM and CPU are well below the minimum (but can run Witcher 3 and Skyrim fine), game auto detected settings to High.

Haha just as i suspected. Thanks todd, gonna go play your game now.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

QuantaStarFire posted:

This. I got the SoftEther VPN to work, but it's slow as gently caress so it's gonna take a bit. Good thing there's no patch to worry about.

Took me like 20 minutes on SE, which is about as long as it usually takes me for whatever loving reason.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Ars Technica review summary:

The good
Lots of content to grind through, if you're looking for a single game to kill a lot of time.
Major game locations offer payoffs in beautiful designs, memorable missions.
Plot includes some incredibly captivating highlights, buffered by massive, terminal-powered series of side story content.
Your new dog companion and a new power-armor system are welcome tweaks to the series' tried-and-true VATS-powered combat.
The bad

The bad
Missions and plot suffer from miserable pacing, lack of compelling NPCs, redundant battle locations.
Want to be a bad guy? Fallout 4 will let you, but it doesn't offer as many satisfying paths to the dark side as prior entries.
SPECIAL system of traits offers lots of options but is cramped by most missions clearly favoring strength over other attributes.
New crafting and settlement options offer lots of tedium with little plot or power payoff.
The ugly

The Ugly
This game. As in, this game looks U-G-L-Y, and it ain't got no alibi.

Verdict: Don't cancel your pre-order, but don't rush to buy Fallout 4 if you didn't place an order already either.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Ars up to their usual writing quality

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Incomplete Fish posted:

I would like to personally thank New Zealand for allowing me to borrow their timezone.

I've noticed you only need the vpn connected for the first signin. If it's downloading something very slowly over the vpn, you're already past the point where you could disconnect it and use your regular internet. Theres a couple hundred megabyte patch, and my vpn was only giving me like 200 kilobytes per second. I basically logged in, saw it now says "play" not preload, then disconnected the vpn and attempted the update. Hope this helps~

I tried this and Steam tried to make me download five gigs of the game after already fully pre-loading it, so I went back to unlocking it with my VPN and it's back to just the unlocking. :shrug:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

every VPN is dead and i'm on the brink of outright panic

goons please help me

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

QuantaStarFire posted:

did the server go down, i don't see any NZ/AUS servers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
like scrooge mcduck irl right now with all these 9s just jumping in em

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

rap music posted:

every VPN is dead and i'm on the brink of outright panic

goons please help me

FlyVPN is only a couple bucks for their non-free servers. Give it a shot.

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

Ontrax posted:

Does anyone have a working VPN? vyprvpn isn't working.

That's because NZ is getting loving slammed. I used Australia and I am now decrypting the game.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I wonder how NZ/Aussieland are handling this. Probably currently a smoking ruin.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

FlyVPN is only a couple bucks for their non-free servers. Give it a shot.

site dead :f5:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Hell yeah! Game launched and pla... wait, what.

Ok, unplugged my ps4 controller because why would you ever want to use a mouse with a controller plugged in. #bethesda

Hell yeah! Playing now!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

Digital Foundry says both Xbox One and PS4 have issues but the PS4 has slightly less of them, which is good for a change.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Dang, no luck connecting before work. Ah well, hopefully things go swimmingly when I get out.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TheSpartacus posted:

That's because NZ is getting loving slammed. I used Australia and I am now decrypting the game.

Iam using Freedome and that poo poo can't connect for a good god drat

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Somewhere the prime minister of Australia's internet is letting loose a stream of crikeys as their national router starts smoking and spitting sparks

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Gonkish posted:

I wonder how NZ/Aussieland are handling this. Probably currently a smoking ruin.

Lots of neckbeards and fedoras at every midnight launch pretty much.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there really no option to disable V-Sync? It has terrible mouse lag with it turned on.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Finally got through to AUS on vypr, doin' it!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
every single VPN service and even their websites are getting nerd-hosed to death right now. can't even download the clients

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

so where's the next earliest place fallout 4 unlocks

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Bardeh posted:

every single VPN service and even their websites are getting nerd-hosed to death right now. can't even download the clients

gently caress off, we're full.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Australians all let us rejoice - for once in our lives.

Downloads on high speed copper cabling..

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Haha, thought I got through via Perth. Turns out Vypr connected me to Singapore instead, nice.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

If you're having trouble connecting w Vypr, try going into the options and checking the box that says "Automatically reconnect on disconnect" or something - I set this, tried to connect to NZ after failing like 6 times, went to make some coffee and came back connected. Currently updating slow as f!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How long til it is legit out in the US of A?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I think im giving up, I can't get anything to work right now for vpns :\

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

anatomi posted:

Haha, thought I got through via Perth. Turns out Vypr connected me to Singapore instead, nice.

There's nothing good about Perth.

Not even their time zone.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

anatomi posted:

Same here, but Japan instead :gonk:

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
It's doing it! It's unlocking! Lookout wasteland, here I come hard into Todd's mouth!

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Judge Tesla posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

Digital Foundry says both Xbox One and PS4 have issues but the PS4 has slightly less of them, which is good for a change.

and that a 750ti will match console quality while a 970 can do 1080p/60fps/ultra. Whooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

VPN still won't let me connect to any relevant timezone. I blame all of you nerds.

• Locked thread