Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Doltos posted:

gently caress. Antonio. Brown.

He owns.

E: :lol: you can't tell me you expected to win with Jennings and PT did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

E: :lol: you can't tell me you expected to win with Jennings and PT did you?

Haha hell no.

I'm the fourth highest scorer this week though :shobon:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Doltos posted:

Haha hell no.

I'm the fourth highest scorer this week though :shobon:

Ugh that sucks man. At least it was a blowout and you didn't lose by less than a point?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My Cassell/Beasley stack is going off

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

My Cassell/Beasley stack is going off

Lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It's fun to laugh at but Cassel is having a decent fantasy game. I'm sure a bunch of people in 2QB leagues or QB streamers are pretty happy right now.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Up 27 with my opponent's Rivers to go. We are already the two highest scorers this week. This is going to be another week that makes me question why I play fantasy football.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hahah JMatt did a thing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hahah JMatt did a thing.

Came to post this. Go trade him off this game nerds.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Is he Startable again? Seemed like he took his time getting to fantasy relevance this week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Came to post this. Go trade him off this game nerds.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Any time you have a chance to sell high off of Chip's wild ride, do it.

Timett posted:

Is he Startable again? Seemed like he took his time getting to fantasy relevance this week.

You're going to start him next week and he'll put up a 6

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's fun to laugh at but Cassel is having a decent fantasy game. I'm sure a bunch of people in 2QB leagues or QB streamers are pretty happy right now.

I made that reply right after the Cassel pick six :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's worth noting that they started the game with Huff and Cooper at WR and Matthews started to get snaps when Cooper went out.

Also Austin outsnapped him in regulation

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If I lose a close game this week I'm blaming that Philly defensive player that kept interfering and basically sent things to overtime.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Via Mike Clay on twitter

"Jordan Matthews only touchdowns this season have come against the Cowboys"

SELL SELL SELL

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Good old Jordan Matthews. Ah yes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yay. Picked him up off the WW. Time to make a trade.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lol, yeah, trade away someone who will help bring you to playoffs, good call

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lol if you think this is gonna be an every week thing for him when him and his Qb has had an erratic season

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Look at his numbers, even this year. First two weeks are more the norm. Those drops aren't going to keep at that rate and you know that based on his numbers last year. I don't care what you think about him as a receiver, he will get targets and he will get open most of the time.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Look at his numbers, even this year. First two weeks are more the norm. Those drops aren't going to keep at that rate and you know that based on his numbers last year. I don't care what you think about him as a receiver, he will get targets and he will get open most of the time.

This post is the example of the owner in your league you need to sell him to. They really do exist.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
As I'm reeling from losing 3 top 10 players at their positions to season ending injuries I'm revamping my entire team

.5 PPR

My Jarvis Landry

For

His Allen Hurns and Jeremy hill/frank gore

I lost Arian foster, leveon bell, and Keenan Allen. I traded away Randall Cobb a couple weeks ago for Michael Floyd and Andy dalton since I was starting tannehill.

I'm leaning on taking the trade, Landry has been a weekly highend WR2 but Allen Hurns looks like he may be there too and I need the RB depth but which RB would I take?

Also I'd be starting Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, lol.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Jarvis Landry is very good, but so is Hurns. I'm not sure how they match up in any type of PPR league, but at least in standard I view them as more or less equal. I wouldn't be overly excited about getting Hill or Gore, but there's at least a chance one of them improves into a startable RB. I'd do it if you needed the RB - I'd lean Hill even though I hate that guy for loving me over every time I start him.

This week ended up being a lot closer than I expected considering my opponent was starting Cousins, Mike Wallace, Starks and other players that were on the WW until a couple days ago when he picked them up. As long as Lambo and Gates don't combine for about -0.3 points I should be fine.

vv I guess I was more referring to Hill, who is certainly not every-week startable. Gore is pretty good when he scores but otherwise is pretty so-so, like Hill (and I guess pretty much every other RB2 out there). I just think Hill has more potential to be consistent even if he hasn't shown it yet this year. Maybe I'm wrong but if the Colts offense as a whole doesn't turn things around I don't see Gore's value going up.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 9, 2015

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Frank Gore is absolutely startable every week.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I am loving done with this poo poo.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Diet Crack posted:

I am loving done with this poo poo.

I mean you started the Seahawks D on bye and a still-gimpy DJax so it's not like you can blame the fantasy gods there

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Benne posted:

I mean you started the Seahawks D on bye and a still-gimpy DJax so it's not like you can blame the fantasy gods there

Because every source said TY Hilton wasn't loving playing. It's not like I had many other choices with half my team injured or out. 3-0 season has quickly become a 3-6 season since Charles died. The D really shouldn't have mattered when he had 4 out on a bye.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's unlikely that any DST he could have picked up would have made up the difference anyway - I'd still be mad losing to an owner that is THAT checked out from his team.

Why do people even join leagues if they can't be bothered spend the couple minutes a week swapping people with byes out?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Speaking of defenses...I posted last week about how i was trying to get my opponent who's defense was on bye like mine to not pick up a DST...Well, he did, so I was forced to pick up the saints, and ended up with negative points and now I'm down 51-74 with Philip Rivers and Alshon Jeffery left to go.

I recall people saying Negative Defenses aren't that common, and I also should have just left my bye week defense in. 0 > -7

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Blimpkin posted:

Speaking of defenses...I posted last week about how i was trying to get my opponent who's defense was on bye like mine to not pick up a DST...Well, he did, so I was forced to pick up the saints, and ended up with negative points and now I'm down 51-74 with Philip Rivers and Alshon Jeffery left to go.

I recall people saying Negative Defenses aren't that common, and I also should have just left my bye week defense in. 0 > -7

pure hindsight

you'll likely still win

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

pure hindsight

you'll likely still win

Here's to hoping! He's got his whole team finished so it's just my studs vs his score.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
After not going after any waiver claims last week, I've got a high enough one this week that I'll have pick of the litter basically. Who do you guys like better, Karlos Williams or Starks?

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker

VietCampo posted:

Also I'd be starting Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, lol.

I've been doing this for a while now and it owns.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Welp, a guy in our league is going to set a new all-time single week scoring record. It literally reads like one of those FootballGuys "may you have as good a week as Week 12 in 2014" draft rating blurbs:

A. Rodgers - 43.96 pts
L. Miller - 33.10 pts
D. Williams - 41.50 pts
A. Brown - 42.10 pts
B. Marshall - 12.40 pts
T. Eifert - 28.02 pts
G. Gano - 13 pts
Eagles D - 17.20 pts

Total: 231.31 pts

And he still has Woodhead to play. He's already blown away the previous record of 207.40 points.

He's already doubled his opponent's score and may end up tripling it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

BigFactory posted:

After not going after any waiver claims last week, I've got a high enough one this week that I'll have pick of the litter basically. Who do you guys like better, Karlos Williams or Starks?

Karlos

Hes been relevant even with Mccoy in the lineup and a stud when hes had the backfield to himself.

Starks is only viable because Lacy has been so bad.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So, who else started Antonio Brown AND DeAngelo Williams this week? :slick:

I may double my opponent's score.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress you ronnie hillman

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So with Ben being out/bye week, I need a QB (or two). Dropped Bort to grab a D, annnnnd of course another owner grabbed him as soon as Ben went down.

I'm actually thinking about Cousins this week vs. NO

Otherwise, I'm looking at Alex Smith, Tannehill, Peyton, Fitz, Stafford.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress you ronnie hillman

I traded him away to get Mike Evans last week :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Murmur Twin posted:

I traded him away to get Mike Evans last week :slick:

Eat poo poo

• Locked thread