Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sesame Cookie:

quote:

Tales of a blue monster who greedily devours these baked delights have frightened children across the realm for generations.
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

quote:

There is much debate amongst Eorzean scholars as to how much time must pass before a bone becomes fossilized. Some say a mere generation will suffice, citing evidence such as the proliferation of petrification magicks. Others believe it may take upwards of a thousand thousand years, casting doubts on the theories which state Hydaelyn was created a mere twenty thousand summers past.

:bahgawd:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

siotle posted:

Full patch notes are up: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6707e4bc0ca533c1a2cb12155fc91d884c6b6a84

Thordan EX weapons are i205. Void Ark gear is i200.

quote:

Tataru is no longer available as an opponent for Triple Triad.

These truly are the end times for Final Fantasy XIV.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Tataru was a split personality of Krile's all along

RIP Tataru

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Krile is going to die to further cement that anyone that gets close to Minfilia is doomed.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I hope Tataru gets closer to Minfilia.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Tataru was the biggest bullshit player of triple triad and made me wish I lost the trial by combat on her behalf because of her stacked deck and lovely rules.

I just hope there's another way to get the cards she has. I'm so close to 30 beaten NPCs and 60 cards.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

seiferguy posted:

I just hope there's another way to get the cards she has. I'm so close to 30 beaten NPCs and 60 cards.

Have someone cheat at the triple triad tournaments for you and get platinum packs and prey like hell.

I got both my cards from dueling her though. Kill me now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

quote:

The Flying Mount Roulette has been added, enabling players to summon a flying mount at random from among the ones they own.

This was the only QoL improvement I really wanted. Well done, Squeenix.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I want a wardrobe/glamour catalog. Get an item and fill that spot in your collection. Collecting all the glamours is the real endgame.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
If Metallic Purple Dye is half as terrifying as it looks in my mind's eye, I must ensure an ample supply of it so I can dye everything.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bertram Weatherby posted:

If Metallic Purple Dye is half as terrifying as it looks in my mind's eye, I must ensure an ample supply of it so I can dye everything.

Either buy a stack of it on Mogstation for a small fee or hope your retainer gets some in a quick exploration with a high ilvl.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

Sesame Cookie:

:vince:

Was going to post that. I love the localization team.

I wonder how many MGP the afro is going to cost if they are putting the new hairstyle books on the aesthetic vendor.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

seiferguy posted:

Either buy a stack of it on Mogstation for a small fee or hope your retainer gets some in a quick exploration with a high ilvl.

It's a "general purpose" dye, therefore tradeable despite being a rare dye.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just unfathomably happy at all the Metallic Silver dyes I'll be able to buy since my stock was running dangerously low.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys help I did the math in my head but am still unsure, maintenance should be done by 10pm EST tonight?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Martman posted:

Oh boy, Vanu Vanus have at least 7 reputation ranks.

You're going to be able to rank up quicker though because you can do 12 beast tribe quests a day now.

VictorKordes posted:

Guys help I did the math in my head but am still unsure, maintenance should be done by 10pm EST tonight?

No, 4 AM EST.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 9, 2015

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Fister Roboto posted:

You're going to be able to rank up quicker though because you can do 12 beast tribe quests a day now.
I may have missed it in the notes, but it has been 12 possible beast tribe quests per day out of x per beast tribe. It was not possible to do 12 stage 1 quests in 3.0.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

VictorKordes posted:

Move to europe, you can sleep through all the maintenance windows! I can even start the patch download before I go to work tomorrow and it'll be ready when I get home.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm assuming at rank 1, only 3 quests a day will be allowed for them, so it's gonna take some time to get up to rank 2 and start raking in the quest allowances.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Having finished grinding ARR beastmen rep literally yesterday, I for one am thrilled to get back into the grind.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So Void gear just renders Gordian poo poo useless now huh? A pity.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So Void gear just renders Gordian poo poo useless now huh? A pity.

Well you can only get one Void Ark piece per week, while they're removing the cap on Alex gear so you can theoretically get the gear much faster assuming you can consistently win rolls against 7 other people because there's no longer any reason not to roll need on everything every time

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You can only get one piece of Void Ark Gear a week.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Well you can only get one Void Ark piece per week, while they're removing the cap on Alex gear so you can theoretically get the gear much faster assuming you can consistently win rolls against 7 other people because there's no longer any reason not to roll need on everything every time

Oh, a goon group could easily grind out a full Gordian set in a couple hours then, nice.

EDIT: Why wouldn't you always roll need?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

EDIT: Why wouldn't you always roll need?

Well before you would pass on things you don't want since it's one drop per week. But now there isn't a limit so there's no reason to pass on anything ever in duty finder groups unless you're polite enough to pass on things you don't really need (which will not be the case with most of the people you're rolling against)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'll probably gear my dust-gathering alt jobs in 185 dungeon gear now, seeing as I'll be gathering all of it for the glamours anyway.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Do any of the new MSQs have trials? I saw in the preview that Ravana was back.

Also, what happens to Fractal / Neverreap? It's not being added to HLDR, and isn't in the EXDR rotation. RIP those dungeons, I guess.

edit: from the patch notes regarding beast quests:

quote:

Furthermore, players will not be allowed to proceed with a class or job that is different than when they accepted any of these quests.

Not surprising since it's level synced, but using a level 60 class then switching to a level 40ish class to turn in quests was great :v:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 9, 2015

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Do any of the new MSQs have trials? I saw in the preview that Ravana was back.

Also, what happens to Fractal / Neverreap? It's not being added to HLDR, and isn't in the EXDR rotation. RIP those dungeons, I guess.

Aren't they making a new lvl 60 roulette?

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Burger McAngus posted:

Aren't they making a new lvl 60 roulette?

They are.

Also, apparently they're undoing the Limit Break changes in the next hotfix, saying it was a mistake to make this change mid-raid cycle.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Has anyone been able to tell just what exactly a Steward is supposed to do?

Kaebora posted:

They are.

Also, apparently they're undoing the Limit Break changes in the next hotfix, saying it was a mistake to make this change mid-raid cycle.

Link to that, please?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

HLDR is now DR Level 50 dungeons. Neverreap and Fractal are now in DR Lv 60 dungeons.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Kaebora posted:

They are.

What limit break changes? Not the one where I, a Dragoon, now make a giant dragon lay waste to my foes!?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Belzac posted:

Removing AST and PLD would actually do a lot to help the game out because they don't care enough to balance them so they should really remove them as an option as they currently only act as a new player trap.

An issue wherein the description for the astrologian ability Lightspeed mistakenly said it reduces attack magic potency.

If this isn't some hand-waving and it actually was broken for 3 whole months, I'd be inclined think the devs agree with you.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

What limit break changes? Not the one where I, a Dragoon, now make a giant dragon lay waste to my foes!?

I'd assume the change to how having a party with same/similar jobs means the limit gauge charges slower, not that each job has their own unique version.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Re: Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests.

Well the Ixali leveled the fastest out of all beast tribes and they had 7 ranks form the start, so with being able to accept 12 beast tribes quests in conjunction with them probably leveling faster than the base 4 tribes Vanu Vanu shouldn't take too long.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They changed it so that LB builds slower if you have 3 melee, 3 casters, and anything other than 2 tanks and 2 healers rather than LB building slower if you had multiple people on the same job.

They explicitly want 8 man content to be 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 melee dps, and 2 ranged dps. Personally I think it should be 2 tank, 2 heal, 1 support dps, 3 other dps but my opinion doesn't matter.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Has anyone been able to tell just what exactly a Steward is supposed to do?

Link to that, please?

Apparently it's from the live reading of the patch notes. Got the reddit topic here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3s5cmc/the_new_limit_breaks_restrictions_will_be/

(The limit break changes were that it would charge slower if 3+ party members in a premade were of the same role - tank/healer/melee/ranged)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd be OK with that change if they didn't put bards and mechs in the same category as black mages and summoners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh good, it looks like they recognized the problem with grouping BRD/MCH with BLM/SMN in the same "ranged DPS" category.

• Locked thread