Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mappo posted:

Rick Perry had back surgery about a month before the campaign season really began. If I remember correctly it was some sort of new experimental procedure. Either way, he was in a lot of pain, under the effects of pain medication or both during the debates.

Not to say I feel bad for him.

The operation was a success, but the campaign died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

Carson has lost /pol/ the most important dank-meme generating demographic out there.

To be fair I feel like a black man never really had a chance with /pol/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Louisgod posted:

Love the Carson macros, the horse still has some life left so keep them coming.

are you waiting for it to die so you can eat more jerky

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

IIRC one of the moderators at the CNBC debate did call Carson out on his bullshit 10% tax plan at which time Carson said that by 10% he meant 15% and got called out on it again because the numbers still didn't work and OMG UNFAIR MEDIA ATTACK

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
:lol: one of Carson's advisors just admitted on MSNBC that from "Carson's perspective", he's being singled out...but yes, plenty of former/present candidates have been scrutinized just as much or more.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

in the sense that he was alive, and 20 years old in 1971

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Oh my good holy gently caress, I didn't think anything could be so crazy as to make me wish for the days when a Trump nomination seemed inevitable, but here we are...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

However righteous it is that old money establishment prince Jeb is being crushed by new money populist Trump, it's even more awesome that the bigoted, loudmouthed, silver spoon Trump is now falling to a soft-spoken black man who actually worked his rear end off to make a name for himself.

Good poo poo.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It sure is nice that we only pay federal income tax and not a bunch of other taxes that are generally far more regressive.

Example? The vast majority of federal tax revenues come from income and payroll.

Property and sales tax are for state, county, city, and neighborhood revenues.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Vox Nihili posted:

However righteous it is that old money establishment prince Jeb is being crushed by new money populist Trump, it's even more awesome that the bigoted, loudmouthed, silver spoon Trump is now falling to a soft-spoken black man who actually worked his rear end off to make a name for himself.

Good poo poo.

It would be good if that soft-spoken black man weren't so completely goddamn crazy. As it is, it's Bad.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Third World Reggin posted:

are you waiting for it to die so you can eat more jerky

if I needed something dry and full of fat I'd read your posting history.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

PT6A posted:

It would be good if that soft-spoken black man weren't so completely goddamn crazy. As it is, it's Bad.

It's only bad if you think he has a chance of being elected.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Could we take a moment to reflect on this:

Third term South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham is polling at 1% in SC.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
god bless and keep thiselection cycle

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

correction: <1%

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

It's only bad if you think he has a chance of being elected.

I didn't think he had a chance at the R nomination, and look how that seems to be turning out. A lot of your country appears to be legitimately out of their loving minds.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Carson's surge is great news. For Hillary Clinton.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Vox Nihili posted:

Good poo poo.

Yeah but then you realize that Carson is basically Ted Cruz but with a much better chance of winning the nomination and the general. Not that I think he will win but even the thought is pretty terrifying.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
#carsononcnn

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Good poo poo.

Unfortunately the aforementioned black man is also an insane religious fundamentalist and pathological liar.

The good news is that Trump is hanging in there. You can't stump him now

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Patter Song posted:

Least favorite son.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I hope Carson reads the Friend Bear story and just starts claiming that it happened.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Least favorite son.

No, that's Jeb!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Vox Nihili posted:

Good poo poo.

What is more surprising about the rise of Ben Carson is that Trump appears to have roughly ~20% hard support. This is higher in some states and lower in others, obviously, but that's an impressive number for November with so large a field.

He retains all of his deficiencies and will almost certainly not be the nominee, but a crux of support forming this early in a very crowded field is a valuable thing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Patter Song posted:

I hope Carson reads the Friend Bear story and just starts claiming that it happened.

I was just thinking the same thing, five years from now Carson is going to be talking about Friend Bear in his speeches

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mappo posted:

Rick Perry had back surgery about a month before the campaign season really began. If I remember correctly it was some sort of new experimental procedure. Either way, he was in a lot of pain, under the effects of pain medication or both during the debates.

Not to say I feel bad for him.

Well I was also in a lot of pain listening to his deregulation talk, so that's no excuse.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah but then you realize that Carson is basically Ted Cruz but with a much better chance of winning the nomination and the general. Not that I think he will win but even the thought is pretty terrifying.

They're both excellent opponents for the dems to eat alive in the general election. Like, blue wave level opponents.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lol if you wouldn't pay money to see Carson or Trump have to debate Hillary or Bernie. We honestly aren't good enough to deserve such an eventuality, but we can pray.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Friend bear.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Vox Nihili posted:

Good poo poo.

:911:

Vox Nihili posted:

They're both excellent opponents for the dems to eat alive in the general election. Like, blue wave level opponents.

The dems will be asking "where did our base go?" once poors and minorities see the Real Ben Carson stand up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol if you wouldn't pay money to see Carson or Trump have to debate Hillary or Bernie. We honestly aren't good enough to deserve such an eventuality, but we can pray.

I'd love to see a debate between the two front runners of each part on the same stage since I doubt any of them would protect their fellow party member in any explicit way

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Smoothrich posted:

The dems will be asking "where did our base go?" once poors and minorities see the Real Ben Carson stand up

which ben carson is that

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
More campaigns should take advantage of this:

quote:

NBC stations have begun filing the legally required notice about Donald Trump’s broadcast time on “Saturday Night Live,” noting that it lasted 12 minutes and five seconds.

“Donald Trump, a candidate for the Republican nomination for President in the 2016 national election, appeared without charge on NBC’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ for a total period of 12:05 (12 minutes and 5 seconds) commencing at 11:39:11 PM ET on Nov. 7 and ending at 1:01:01AM ET on Nov. 8, 2015,” read a notice filed by NBC’s New York affiliate, WNBC TV.

This triggers a seven-day window in which rival candidates can request equal time. They still have to show that they are bona fide candidates within the state in which “Saturday Night Live” was broadcast, and NBC doesn’t necessarily have to give them time within the same program.

After Hillary Clinton appeared on “SNL” on Oct. 3, NBC stations gave notice that her guest spot lasted three minutes and 12 seconds. Larry Lessig, running for the Democratic nomination, requested equal time, but dropped out of the race before any agreement could be reached with the network.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I only hope Rick Perry went somewhere to relax after his campaign. Someplace quiet, like his family's hunting grounds. What was that place called? I seem to forget.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smoothrich posted:

This is what the Republican base actually believe, which is excellent news. Hillary/Castro would clown them on every demographic and in every debate. I can see Carson fumbling and apologizing to Clinton about abortion already.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

I only hope Rick Perry went somewhere to relax after his campaign. Someplace quiet, like his family's hunting grounds. What was that place called? I seem to forget.

African-American Head?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Alter Ego posted:

African-American Head?

Tigger Head

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I never hit my mother with a hammer, and I never stabbed anybody. Never wrote about it either. So there you go, at least I’m out there, on the record for that." ~ Mike Huckabee

• Locked thread