Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Volkerball posted:

Next one would be getting stupid with melee and keeping intelligence low to make idiot savant worthwhile, since it looks like idiot savant and Science! aren't going to play nicely together. :(

I would really like to know how INT + Idiot savant actually work togheter, since I plan on taking Idiot savant as my first perk (anything that gives more XP must be taken ASAP, and with no level cap it should actually be useful instead of a waste of a perk slot like in older Fallouts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like how you can recreate Trevor from gtav in the character creator.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BlackFrost posted:

I know the minimum and recommended specs, but about where is a 2GB GTX 760 gonna get me with this game? Like should I expect to run on Medium? Should I just get it on PS4?

I'll run on about medium high. I have a 750ti and it's ok

Fat_Cow posted:

Anyone else getting stuck in menus with no way to tab out and stuff, and no way to bring your pipboy at times?

Yes. Sometimes the pipboy acts like it comes up, but doesn't come up. Not sure what I did to make it come up after.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I guess how good the Light Step perk equivalent is will depend on how much of a bastard the game developers were with putting land mines everywhere.

J. Sawyer, I know you're out there somewhere! I still remember all the mines you hid inside bushes in Honest Hearts!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Volkerball posted:

Lol, I'm gonna have to make an agility 10 character sometime now. Can't teach speed.

Haha that was a joke I was trying to work in but I didnt notice the agility stat. :lol:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Speedball posted:

I guess how good the Light Step perk equivalent is will depend on how much of a bastard the game developers were with putting land mines everywhere.

So far I've died to random explosions four times, it's my leading cause of death. One of the times I couldn't find the mine that killed me after I went into the same area. :iiam:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Ok how does crafting work. How do I get components? I can scrap weapons and armor but not anything else?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Ok how does crafting work. How do I get components? I can scrap weapons and armor but not anything else?

I'm pretty sure that you can scrap junk items in your inventory.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Shipping confirmation for my pipboy edition, yay! UPS next day air

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just found the junkjet :allears:

e: Shortly after I got a automatic lazzzer pistol, this owns.

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 9, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Son of Rodney posted:

Just found the junkjet :allears:

I love your chest armor. Just pile some rebar on your chest.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

you dont actually need to scrap the random junk items from what i can tell, it counts as whatever components you need and scraps it when you need it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like this for a melee character.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=6d.8.2.9.2.5

Book point goes into PAIN TRAIN. You could dump charisma into endurance and agility if you don't want intimidation, but if you don't want intimidation as a melee idiot character, you're doing it wrong imo. I suppose cannibal would be an acceptable alternate.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Anyone found the FOV settings?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Where can I get this the cheapest? I'm guessing greenman, usually I go for nuuvem but the price seems very high by their standards.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

anatomi posted:

Anyone found the FOV settings?

ShadowMar posted:

lmao, don't try to change your fov to something that won't make you puke folks, checkout the UI

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can you buy scrap components anywhere?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Just checked my PS4. Game is fully installed, unlocks in 9 hours and change, I have watched no streams and tried to avoid spoilers, I am prepared to experience both the wonder and the jank for myself. Fallout 4. Beginning soon.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

:swoon:

Very spoopy

Okay, so I'm walking down this alley, right? I get to the end of it, spy some ghouls across the plaza... get my rifle ready... :fuckoff: nuke blows up directly on top of me and I die instantly :wtc:

I reload, do the same thing 2 more times from different angles.

Eventually found the fucker, it was some raider scum on top of some buildings at a very rude angle with the fat boy. He ran all the way downstairs to show you guys what it looks like to get molotov'd to death

Everything max'd at 1440p, pretty drat smooth.

This game is like, really pretty. The lighting is incredible

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

super macho dude posted:

I like how you can recreate Trevor from gtav in the character creator.

Without question. I was watching some German guy gently caress around with facial features and positioning and accidentally make like three different photo-perfect actors on their way to ghastly troll monster. The Chevy Chase was especially convincing.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm still kind of torn how I want to proceed. I kind of wanted to do something similar to my New Vegas character who's combat tactic is to throw explosives and then punch you in the face, but I'm wondering how viable it is in this game. Part of me thinks I should do a more traditional shooting build since gun modifications seem to be a big thing they are pushing for in this game. Alternatively I could also stick with my current stat layout plan of 7str 5per/int and just rock heavy weapons instead of grenades and melee.

Can anyone confirm how robust the heavy weapon category is? Is it just miniguns, flamethrowers, and rocket launchers or are there some heavy energy weapons and weirdo moddable poo poo like single shot cannons? Does the heavy weapons perks stack with the explosives /energy weapon perks?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

Just checked my PS4. Game is fully installed, unlocks in 9 hours and change, I have watched no streams and tried to avoid spoilers, I am prepared to experience both the wonder and the jank for myself. Fallout 4. Beginning soon.

Where did you see the game was fully installed at?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Raiders are surprisingly well equipped early on. I got one-shotted by a raider wearing Power Armor and using a Fat-Man in an area with ~level 9 enemies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Where did you see the game was fully installed at?

Settings -> System Storage Management, saw that Fallout 4 was filling 32.84 GB on my hard drive.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Loving the game so far but the radio host sounds like a bored hipster.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phoix posted:

Raiders are surprisingly well equipped early on. I got one-shotted by a raider wearing Power Armor and using a Fat-Man in an area with ~level 9 enemies.

Came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Survival mode is p much just bulle sponge. got out of the vault, immediately ran into some invisible wall telling me I can't go there despite it being walkable terrain. Then died to a bloatfly and some ghouls a couple times. Granted, level 1 no gear, but lol dying to a bloatfly was a new experience for me. Ghouls are also kind of scary noqw when they ambush you bc you thought they were corpses.

edit: Yeah, radio guy is totally a quirkster hip boy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

Settings -> System Storage Management, saw that Fallout 4 was filling 32.84 GB on my hard drive.

Oh, mines still downloading in the background. Cool. 10/32 gigs. I was confused for a minute since the initial download just said 4.5 gigs, but we're good.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got it running much nicer on my 750ti with the ini tweaks posted and the latest drivers, using that digital foundry video and just using the settings they did. Game looks nice and runs OK - better than I was expecting with this card. Interiors are still inexplicably worse than exteriors though, in terms of performance.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's the best way to lure folks into your base? I've got all this bed and food and no one wants to live here!

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Phoix posted:

Thats pretty lame.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Everyone gently caress off the internet in my city please, I'm trying to download. It was going at a nice 80 megabit a second, but is now crawling along at 250 KB/s.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the best way to lure folks into your base? I've got all this bed and food and no one wants to live here!

You meet people you can specifically invite to settlements. Like the ghoul version of the Vault-Tec guy in Goodneighbor Otherwise I think it depends on happiness.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

FauxGateau posted:

Came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was about to be a thousand times more pissed off if it was some truly random bullshit.

I felt it coming, though. Everything had seemed too easy up until then.

Is anyone else getting serious Bioshock 1/2 vibes from this? The AI is really annoying in the best way possible, I'm going to have a lot of fun setting up traps and poo poo.

I didn't think to take a picture, but the rainbow sheen of gasoline spills is especially :catdrugs:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Haha, found it

Seriously though, the conversation wheel is a tragedy, one of the major parts of fallout, the convos, are crippled like this. It's the only criticism I have right now, this feels less like fallout and more like mass effect, which isn't really that good a thing.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Everdraed posted:

also I hope somebody finally makes this gag I did into a real mod for FO4

I vaguely remember this. What was this about? Can't find a video of it on your Youtube account.

Also, just bought Fallout 4 and started pre-loading it. Take that, nerds. :chord:

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

This is going to be my first time playing Fallout. I want to shoot guns and make them cool. How does this build look?

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=7f.6.2.4.6.5.2.3

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Son of Rodney posted:

Seriously though, the conversation wheel is a tragedy, one of the major parts of fallout, the convos, are crippled like this. It's the only criticism I have right now, this feels less like fallout and more like mass effect, which isn't really that good a thing.

Having the conversation typed on screen then having the voice read the exact same thing you just read is dumb and no modern game does that. Name whatever game you think has great dialog and writing (mass effect, witcher, life is strange, walking dead) and literally every single one is doing the "pick the sort of response then the dialog expands on it" route instead of "the man reads the thing I clicked" like old games did.

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

Ak Gara posted:

Everyone gently caress off the internet in my city please, I'm trying to download. It was going at a nice 80 megabit a second, but is now crawling along at 250 KB/s.

You'll join us in the wasteland soon, fellow wanderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

great dialog and writing (mass effect, witcher, life is strange, walking dead)

• Locked thread