Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i just thought fallout was supposed to be an rpg... there's already a lot of games where you an point your mouse at someone and click a bunch of times to make them die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it's an rpg the way Diablo 3 is an rpg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dice-roll shooting is the worst

*clicks face*

*completely misses because RNG says should actually shot 10 feet to the left*

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Dodoman posted:

i'm one of the 12 people in the world who liked the mako

its way better now that i want to get through the rest of the game, its still stupid that a slightly darker spot on the other side of the map is firing rockets at me but i can hop over those

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the mako was good i just wish it had more purpose

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Al! posted:

I was playing fallout 3 a little bit as a refresher and the shooting in that is even worse than I remember

the oblivion with guns brand of bethesda spoiled really bad with time

you could squint past it in 2009 when there was nothing better, but

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

scamtank posted:

the oblivion with guns brand of bethesda spoiled really bad with time

you could squint past it in 2009 when there was nothing better, but

oddly it holds up way better than new vegas, probably honestly because it has a lot less going on

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

oddly it holds up way better than new vegas, probably honestly because it has a lot less going on

new vegas is ugly as sin

real good though

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Endless Mike posted:

dice-roll shooting is the worst

*clicks face*

*completely misses because RNG says should actually shot 10 feet to the left*

this always rubbed the wrong way about Morrowind regardless of how good the rest of the game is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

this always rubbed the wrong way about Morrowind regardless of how good the rest of the game is

pre-patch mirrowind did not even have enemy health bars

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so you would be swiping at an enemy and missing 90% of the time and not even know if you were even doing enough damage

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
that was an intentional design decision? that sounds terrible

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i wonder if there can ever be an elder scrolls but with chivalry's combat mechanics

fumble around with weapons and real time swinging mechanics and accidentally kill both your enemies and friends in one swing with a zweihander

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Swordsman Simulator

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
i have attempted to play fo3 numerous times and have invariably given up 5 hours in.

meanwhile, I sank hundreds of teen hours into oblivion, janitoring mods to make it remotely playable, yet unstable af. i probably also sunk a couple hundred hours into vanilla skyrim, which was a-okay out of the box.

i know that these are all the same janky, dumpster fires under the box, but something about the elder scrolls has always scratched a lizard brain itch to make me tolerate it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

that was an intentional design decision? that sounds terrible

unpatched morrowind had a bunch of poo poo like that. you know how there is no quest log in morrowind but there is at least a hyperlinked and indexed journal? there was no hyper linking or indexing at first so literally you had to remember on what fictional day you got the quest

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

poop

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
i give mad respect for what these beth games attempt to do, tho you gotta recognize how silly or awful it is when they fail the execution because of a) poor Q&A B) technological limitations (battle of bruma with all 10 NPC's or C) piss poor design implementation, and play-testing.

on that last one: I don't think I can recall something as hosed-up as Oblivion's leveling system.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Al! posted:

unpatched morrowind had a bunch of poo poo like that. you know how there is no quest log in morrowind but there is at least a hyperlinked and indexed journal? there was no hyper linking or indexing at first so literally you had to remember on what fictional day you got the quest

goty

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-34768824

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Necronomoticon posted:

i give mad respect for what these beth games attempt to do, tho you gotta recognize how silly or awful it is when they fail the execution because of a) poor Q&A B) technological limitations (battle of bruma with all 10 NPC's or C) piss poor design implementation, and play-testing.

on that last one: I don't think I can recall something as hosed-up as Oblivion's leveling system.

oblivion is the only one of their games that is fundamentally unplayable for me because of that leveling system. even the mods that purport to fix it barely make it tolerable

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

when i was younger playing oblivion i didn't even realise you /could/ level up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

is fallout 4 or wasteland 2 a better game

tia

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c csgo s: 4 wins in a row
volvo, where is my promotion
i need different set of pixels for my icon !!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wasteland 2 is kinda just bad

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
fallouts 1 and 2 are fun, fallout 3 crashed enough to stop me from getting into it.

mass effect 1 was good, mass effect 2 was better, never played 3 because lol origin. apparently the ending made people mad? I'm not really sure what people expected after the akira baby in 2.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i wonder if they took the money and ran on that sequel to shut up and jam gaiden, that game looked really promising

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tanith posted:

fallouts 1 and 2 are fun, fallout 3 crashed enough to stop me from getting into it.

mass effect 1 was good, mass effect 2 was better, never played 3 because lol origin. apparently the ending made people mad? I'm not really sure what people expected after the akira baby in 2.

if I hadn't played me3 and just read the online reaction I'd have guessed that shepard leaps out of the screen and kills your dog

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

are people out there still mad about me3?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm not mad, just disappointed

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

haveblue posted:

if I hadn't played me3 and just read the online reaction I'd have guessed that shepard leaps out of the screen and kills your dog

the keening hyperbolic wails of disgruntled manchildren is music to my ears

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

c csgo s: 4 wins in a row
volvo, where is my promotion
i need different set of pixels for my icon !!!

i dropped back down to gold nova master but worked my way up to master guardian 2 :woop:

i'm not very good though so i dunno how this thing works.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

lol if you dont powerfist deathclaws with bloody mess
just lol

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

someone on the fo4 dev team had just heard of nixie tubes and thought they should go on everything

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Al! posted:

i wonder if they took the money and ran on that sequel to shut up and jam gaiden, that game looked really promising

they're still working on it i'm p sure

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's pretty clear that Bethesda doesn't really have decent project management that they're still making basic mistakes after a decade where the in game screenshot key still prints that a screenshot had been taken to the in game status. it's kind of the same thing with how some basic things in Steam don't really work

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Al! posted:

it's pretty clear that Bethesda doesn't really have decent project management that they're still making basic mistakes after a decade where the in game screenshot key still prints that a screenshot had been taken to the in game status. it's kind of the same thing with how some basic things in Steam don't really work

whats wrong with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Awia posted:

whats wrong with that?

because of an epic screenshot to post on reddit and show off you have a screenshot where it says 'screenshot taken' and it ruins the immersion and people might think you're just some loser playing a video game instead of a really cool wasteland wanderer

• Locked thread