Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You get an attack that scales off of shield defense and a skill that adds crit. It doesn't really work well until circle two when you can improve pierce damage from spear lunge and get 100 crit from finestra.

There are other classes that can add shield block as well which makes synchro thrust really good where you probably will never drop it for something that does more damage. The formula for damage is your shield block x 5 + some number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Is it just me or are less things working than before? Like partying which I could have sworn worked fine a few days ago.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

A lot of the social functions (party, whisper, shout, market) seem to be tied together. If one of those functions are broken, everything goes with it. Try to stay in a party even if it's by yourself, because it's way easier to invite people to an existing party than it is to create a new one when stuff is broken.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Balance is already frustrating in this game. I'm a hoplite looking at single use skills with 30 second cooldowns while barbarians are looking at 2 use skills with 20 second cooldowns. There is just absolutely no comparison between the two classes.

The only redeeming quality of hoplite is finestra, which I'm not even sure is that good. And spears, spears are cool.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

You get an attack that scales off of shield defense and a skill that adds crit. It doesn't really work well until circle two when you can improve pierce damage from spear lunge and get 100 crit from finestra.

There are other classes that can add shield block as well which makes synchro thrust really good where you probably will never drop it for something that does more damage. The formula for damage is your shield block x 5 + some number.

I'm considering going peltasta 2 instead of hoplite 2. How many mobs does the C2 spear poke ability that makes them weak to pierce hit? I see no AE ratio on tosbase, if it's single target I think i'll have to pass, possibly reroll.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Bashez posted:

I'm considering going peltasta

possibly reroll.

possibly reroll is right...on the latin america server :getin:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Bashez posted:

I'm considering going peltasta 2 instead of hoplite 2. How many mobs does the C2 spear poke ability that makes them weak to pierce hit? I see no AE ratio on tosbase, if it's single target I think i'll have to pass, possibly reroll.

I'll let you know when I reach it in a few days. Hopefully more than 1.

peltasta 2 looks nice if you do high guard but I am not sure how nice.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The hoplite c2 spear poke can hit multiple mobs I'm pretty sure, but it feels like the aoe is less than the rest of your stuff

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So while leveling the 110-130 stint I noticed everything was auto aggroing me, I figured it was just a high level zone thing but apparently some quests/some quest items if left unfinished/just in your inventory will cause ALL mobs on ALL maps to auto aggro you. Obviously this is kinda annoying but also somewhat beneficial to have everything come to you. There was a post about this on the main forums if anyone is interested/had this happen to them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3s45zt/turns_out_some_quests_will_make_all_mobs_auto/

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'll let you know when I reach it in a few days. Hopefully more than 1.

peltasta 2 looks nice if you do high guard but I am not sure how nice.

I'm hoping high guard and the attributes let me overkill with those abilities. That's the plan, anyway. It's apparently bugged to not do damage on the first hit... or something. I plan to try it tonight if I get there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How much more exp do you get from overkills? I've never gotten an overkill with my battlepriest I think

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

You get bonus exp based on the % of overkill, and it caps at 255%

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is good to overkill the blue flashing guys worth more exp.

I went through as a swordsman to test how much dex you will need to hit things. Up to the monastery, I only saw dodges on one type of mob, and it was the panto archers. Once you get new gloves though, you don't miss them.

You can pretty much do all strength or mostly strength until this point.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Playing rocket league while leveling my linker attributes because ~EVERY SINGLE ONE~ takes forever.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I saw that there was a patch so I thought maybe parties would work again. I was wrong.

I keep on getting called a gringo and kicked out whenever I find someone recruiting for an already-existing party but I remember the content when shouts worked so I can't fault them for not wanting to party with me.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
So what's the timeline like on beta/release for this projected to be?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sacro posted:

Fun fact you can kill other players in town as a psychokino, and giant swing from barbarian also destroys peoples anvils. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L98lIZ5Z2s4

All I saw:

http://youtu.be/WG42h8XiwvM

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

E wrong thread

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Zerilan posted:

So what's the timeline like on beta/release for this projected to be?

Open beta for Korea is starting in December 2015, no clue for international release

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Is this the new chinagame.exe thread?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not enough potential for fuckery yet

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

No beggars to vomit alcohol on everyone in Luoyang.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Puistokemisti posted:

Is this the new chinagame.exe thread?

there may never again be a chinagame.exe

not after the last three

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

there may never again be a chinagame.exe

not after the last three

Look into your heart, Grithok. The chinagame.exe was inside you all along.

What happened with Moonblade anyway, I just checked the thread and apparently everyone just decided to stop posting one day.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is in CN only, will become KR soon, still no idea if it will come to the US.

It just got a housing expansion, and is getting a new class and pvp expansion.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
KR open beta is teased for December, to be announced at G-STAR 2015.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

auzuguwu posted:

Open beta for Korea is starting in December 2015, no clue for international release

Ah, I never got a closed beta key so I guess I'll check in again in a couple months.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Finally got to Thaumaturge, and I haven't seen a lot of people talking about them so I figured I'd go over a few "good to know" things for anyone interested in the class. Mainly regarding Swell Body.

- Swelling an enemy doubles their max HP, then seems to recover HP equal to their old max. So if you swell a mob that is 1/100 HP, they will have 101/200 HP.
- You can swell from small to medium and then again from medium to large. This doesn't give 4x exp or loot though.
- If you swell from medium to large, casting swell again will not redouble or restore their HP, but it will reapply the buff-- giving you more time to kill.
- If you swell an enemy just as they die, you will get the swell bonus without the HP doubling or restoration.
- The swell bonus doubles loot by having a mob drop 2 complete sets of loot, rather than doubling the drop percentages. So you can receive duplicate items.

e.
-The Enhance Shrink and Enhance Swell attributes say they cause enemies to take "...20% more magic damage" per attribute level with a max at 60%. What it actually does is do 20% of your current magic damage one time right when you cast the spell.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 11, 2015

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Thaumaturge actually sounds kinda neat, I like the idea of double drops. Is that a single target spell though? I can't see the use really if you have to cast it on things one by one.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

blackflare posted:

Thaumaturge actually sounds kinda neat, I like the idea of double drops. Is that a single target spell though? I can't see the use really if you have to cast it on things one by one.

It's a small AOE. Can usually get about 2-3 targets.
It's definitely something to be used in grind parties to increase efficiency, not really a solo kind of ability unless you come across a white or gold mob, or are farming a specific drop.

What I really want to test next is the shrink + swell left hand combo. Together should add over 200 damage which will be insane on multi hit stuff like fireball and flame ground.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 11, 2015

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Baldbeard posted:

It's a small AOE. Can usually get about 2-3 targets.
It's definitely something to be used in grind parties to increase efficiency, not really a solo kind of ability unless you come across a white or gold mob, or are farming a specific drop.

What I really want to test next is the shrink + swell left hand combo. Together should add over 200 damage which will be insane on multi hit stuff like fireball and flame ground.

If only linked enemies actually shared debuffs.

Has anyone played around with monster gems yet? I kinda want to know how they scale when leveling them, because I'm half building around the ability to only take 1 rank of linker but still be able to get to skill 6+ in joint penalty through shenanigans.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Gibbo posted:

Has anyone played around with monster gems yet? I kinda want to know how they scale when leveling them, because I'm half building around the ability to only take 1 rank of linker but still be able to get to skill 6+ in joint penalty through shenanigans.

You can't level them anymore, always +1 afaik

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Gibbo posted:

They seem to share stun and knockback, at the very least.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Dackel posted:

You can't level them anymore, always +1 afaik

Shame. Even +1 level would be worth it for joint though. It adds an extra link every second level, so that's one more enemy.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

The trick to leveling in this game (beyond quests) is planning out your grind spots way ahead of time because monster level/difficulty has an insignificant impact on EXP reward. All that really matters is the penalties for fighting mobs outside your level range. After I started looking through the tosbase monster database once I enter a new map, I started noticing that there are some honeypot mobs that are probably the most efficient to level off of for a good 10-15 levels.

For example you see stuff like this all the time.
Monster A: Level 65. 400 Base, 400 Job.
Monster B: Level 85. 500 Base. 380 Job.

A 10, 15, even 20 level spread has only a slight increase in EXP rewards. You are almost always better off farming the stuff that you can down faster until you are so overleveled that you get a EXP penalty that makes it no longer efficient.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That doesn't sound fun at all.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Green Dam posted:

No beggars to vomit alcohol on everyone in Luoyang.

:(

when the gently caress is moonlight blade coming

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

That doesn't sound fun at all.

Yeah, they really need to make EXP rewards based off of the difficulty and level of the mob, not mostly random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

:(

when the gently caress is moonlight blade coming

It just hit KR development / translation, so like two years?

• Locked thread