Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

mattfl posted:

Holy gently caress that sucks man :(

But yeah, time for some custom fitted clubs :)

But they were custom fitted and I just got them 2 months ago :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

thebushcommander posted:

agggggggggggg that's brutal

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
That loving blows dude. Sorry to hear that.

Your insurance should cover it though I hope?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Also, make sure you file a police report, and check local Craigslist and pawn shops. This happened to a friend of mine once, and he found them on Craigslist, and told the police, who got them back for him.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
That's hosed up mate. I'd be livid.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
I already called a few of the local used golf type stores around that buy clubs and such and I've been checking craigslist all day. Insurance deductible for stolen property for both my home and auto isn't worth paying to get them replaced, might as well just have the shop make me a new set. The closest pawn shop to me is like 10 miles away, so i could check there in a few days I guess. Police don't give a poo poo though, I called this morning and they said an officer would be out to get a statement etc in the next few hours so I said never mind because I had to go to work and they wouldn't do anything but have it on record if I decided to file an insurance claim for them anyway.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Ugh. I'm sorry man.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Honestly, if the dude hadn't left my trunk wide open after the theft I probably wouldn't have known they were gone until I got to the course on Sunday. My gf's 4yo daughter said I should just ask Santa for some new ones for christmas because they are expensive and he can help... :D

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

thebushcommander posted:

My gf's 4yo daughter said I should just ask Santa for some new ones for christmas because they are expensive and he can help... :D

this is adorable :unsmith:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

thebushcommander posted:

Oh, that blows extra hard then, sorry man :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thebushcommander posted:

Honestly, if the dude hadn't left my trunk wide open after the theft I probably wouldn't have known they were gone until I got to the course on Sunday. My gf's 4yo daughter said I should just ask Santa for some new ones for christmas because they are expensive and he can help... :D
You know what you must do...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, my putter for the next 10 years: http://www.ping.com/clubs/puttersdetail.aspx?id=16371

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, my putter for the next 10 years: http://www.ping.com/clubs/puttersdetail.aspx?id=16371

holy balls that is hot to death

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Whoa

quote:

Adjustable-Length Shaft

You have the option of a traditional fixed-length shaft (35 inches is standard) or an adjustable, telescoping version that allows you to modify length between 31" and 38" to optimize the accuracy of the fit prior to your round.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Nothing says solid feel like a rattly, telescoping shaft.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Josh Lyman posted:

You know what you must do...

mmmmm

I was thinking MP-15's - My initial thought was MP-5's but decided I didn't want to hate golf or myself. Edit: I am however thinking a 915 driver. I was still using an R1, but the newer drivers from Tmade haven't quite felt as good to me. All said and done I am probably going to be shelling out near 2000 to replace my clubs. Luckily it wasn't in prime season or anything and my guess is I am not going to be able to get in a round locally any time soon thanks to all this lovely weather.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 9, 2015

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The new King Cobra driver looks very very cool, no idea if it's any good though. I've played the original AMP the ZL Encore and was pretty happy with them.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Update for those that gave me some advice (regarding hitting right a lot). Did some checks on my alignment by setting up about to hit and then putting a club at my feet to check. Yeah, I was way off a lot of the time, and always to the right. Really need to look through my shoulders to get alignment correct. That helped significantly and is a pretty simple thing to do.

The other thing I worked on was getting my clubface lined up. I found the tip about getting your wrist back into position (I believe the visual was pointing a wrist watch but I don't wear one) very interesting. Obviously will require a lot more practice but I went from hitting more right than I wanted 80% of the time to around 10%. I seem to be naturally doing a fade on my good shots which I'm okay with. Aiming just a touch left of target to accommodate and I was getting some shots right on target. :feelsgood:

All in all was a good range session. I'm working on the feeling of the wrists. I know someone said they can sense how their clubface is angled but I really don't have that level of feel at this point. Thinking about my left wrist and getting it back to where to started helped a lot. I'm a little conflicted cause I don't want to overwhelm myself with swing thoughts so my hope is that the wrist thing becomes more feel with enough practice.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
You'll notice a lot of pros doing this - like Rickie Fowler. They hold up the club in front of their face and have it aimed at their target. From there you pick a spot on the ground just in front of your ball on that target line and try to square your club face to it.

I do it all the time, only takes a second and you get a pretty reliable club face alignment.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So, goddamn, close. Best round of the year for me! I know I left at least 3 shots on the course that could've gotten me to par or better. Love this course, haven't played it in about a year as they closed for around 6 months as the city took over the course and made a lot of improvements to it. It's in incredible shape now. Determined to shoot 72 or better before the years up, still have plenty of time to get out thankfully.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If you're looking for new golf shoes, this deal pretty much can't be beat. FootJoy DryJoys Casual, a $180 shoe, for $69 w/free shipping: http://www.tgw.com/footjoy-golf-shoes/footjoy-mens-dryjoys-tour-casual-golf-shoe
and
http://www.tgw.com/footjoy-golf-shoes/footjoy-mens-dryjoys-tour-casual-golf-shoe-closeouts

I have short toes, so even though my arch corresponds to a size 12, my official size is 11.5 wide. For something like golf, extra length in the toebox causes problems in the downswing when you're trying to shift weight off your rear foot, so I decided to go from 12M in my old FootJoy Icons to 11.5W in the DryJoys Casual since they're on the same last, and I think I'm happy with the change.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Today is the last day for the forseeable future that we'll have good weather in Atlanta, but there aren't any good deals left on tee times. :negative:

At least the college football schedule looks promising.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 28, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Had an awesome round on Turkey day with pops and my bro, it's kinda our annual tradition to get out before the craziness with food starts.

Best round of the year, again!

And this happened,

5 iron from 195, their signature hole, down hill par 3.

Divot inches from the cup and ball settled about a foot and a half. The closest I've come all year.

Why couldn't you go in your home ball!!

We also put an offer in on a house that it's backyard has an awesome view of the 17th green and 18th tee box of probably my favorite course in the area! Also within 10 minutes there are 3 other amazing courses. Crossed our fingers they accept our offer!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sorry to keep posting but, GUYS!@#$!@#

I loving did it!

I was loving on today. Man it felt good going into 18 at even par, and being on the green with a birde putt for 1 under, I'll take the par and shoot even for the day anytime!

Also, they accepted our offer on the above mentioned house! :dance:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Hell yeah man :)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grats mattfl :cheers:

Doyzer
Jul 28, 2013
Great finish Mattfl

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Awww yeah look at all them 4s.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Breaking the new shoes in, probably my last round of the year. :smith:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I have not touched my clubs in...6 weeks.

I went to Colorado for Thanksgiving break, so I didn't play then. I don't know when I'll be able to play again, but it better be before Christmas. Schedule and weird weather have conspired against me.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Y'all need to visit California. Our courses are dry but it's 65 degrees out in almost December, so its okay :)

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Been getting any rain there?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Sprinkles here and there, but nothing el niñoey yet.

UnionCarbide
Apr 17, 2005

D:

mattfl posted:

Also, they accepted our offer on the above mentioned house! :dance:

Goon Golf Meet at MattFL's place!

ETA: $34 for a weekend morning round? I am filled with jealousy, with a soupçon of hate.

UnionCarbide fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 30, 2015

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Good win by Sergio yesterday. Almost an epic choke on the back 9 after holding a decent lead - he won on the 2nd playoff hole.

Also good to see Marc Leishman get up in South Africa , $1.7M winning cheque. Apparently his wife was very ill this year and he almost gave the sport away.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I know people hate Bubba, but when he's on his game he is a loving beast, was awesome watching him yesterday.

Also, perfect weather yesterday, 80 degrees and sunny so I got out with my dad again to another one of my favorite courses. I think a goon here has played there as well.

My last 6 rounds at 6 different courses have been 77/72/74/75/80/78. Completely happy where my game is right now. I hope when/if we get this house and I'm literally a walk out my backyard to a short game practice area/range I'll actually start practicing and get everything much more in check.

UnionCarbide
Apr 17, 2005

D:

mattfl posted:

I think a goon here has played there as well.

That would be me. My friends and I played all 3 nines on a Monday for something like $30 each, the starter said we could just keep playing all day if we wanted. That place is a blast.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

UnionCarbide posted:

That would be me. My friends and I played all 3 nines on a Monday for something like $30 each, the starter said we could just keep playing all day if we wanted. That place is a blast.

It's a great layout and is always in great shape. I wish it were a little closer(takes about an hour to get there) but it's worth the drive, especially with how cheap it is.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There's nothing like an 8:30am tee time in December to get on a $60 course for $15. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

There's nothing like an 8:30am tee time in December to get on a $60 course for $15. :getin:

Nice! 2 weeks and it's my birthday and I'm taking the day off work to golf with pops and my bro. Can't get out this weekend due to holiday parties, so it looks like realistically I'll have 3 or 4 more rounds before the end of the year :) I'm sitting at 36 rounds this year, gonna try and hit that 40 number lol