Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Awia posted:

someone on the fo4 dev team had just heard of nixie tubes and thought they should go on everything
it doesnt even make sense for a 50s aesthetic god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Awia posted:

whats wrong with that?

it's one of those little things that is so minor that it quickly gets swept up by good project management but ignored on purpose when you're trying to bring a burning blimp into the hangar every time.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

duh, i didn't even think about it being on screen, i just thought you were complaining about it saying you'd taken a screenshot, silly me

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

it doesnt even make sense for a 50s aesthetic god drat it

but my aesthetic!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dodoman posted:

i dropped back down to gold nova master but worked my way up to master guardian 2 :woop:

i'm not very good though so i dunno how this thing works.
:neckbeard: keep fighting

the game basically looks how much impact you made in a match. three-four wins in a row, if you are not the worst player in each match, often warrant a promotion to next rang

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

im the color grey in this picture

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Awia posted:

but my aesthetic!
i know you're not disagreeing, but i feel the need to sperg

that's supposed to be the cockpit of the f-86f, a fighter jet actually used in the 1950s :ssh:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Awia posted:

duh, i didn't even think about it being on screen, i just thought you were complaining about it saying you'd taken a screenshot, silly me

i love these games and that's why im speculating on why they are still bad in the exact same way for more than a decade

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Awia posted:

when i was younger playing oblivion i didn't even realise you /could/ level up

the game actually gets significantly harder every five levels because updated monster spawn tables and everything levels with you, except your character is most likely gimped by empty levels because you ran too much and didn't punch enough things with your swordmans dark elf.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
the grand champion of the arena, archmage, master thief, and listener of the black hand is getting hosed up by bandits because they somehow found a way to all simultaneously forge that neon glass armor.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:jeb: updated, restart steam

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
god drat korean war air combat is amazing in how terrifying it is. jet engines are a thing, but sensors and guided weapons aren't quite there yet. so you wind up having dogfights at 500mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf38yiwQPJ8

:allears:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
don't jack off to warplanes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Necronomoticon posted:

the grand champion of the arena, archmage, master thief, and listener of the black hand is getting hosed up by bandits because they somehow found a way to all simultaneously forge that neon glass armor.
it would be a shame if you stole a potato
wouldn't it, the vice king?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

i can't have my f-35 dakimakura is what you're saying?
:qqsay:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
you can, because the f-35 isn't a warplane

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
see, the first thing about being a plane is that they're generally capable of sustained flight

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dragon enthusiast posted:

wrong

e:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

see, the first thing about being a plane is that they're generally capable of sustained flight
:vince:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
what about helicopters

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

thats a boring/ugly helicopter

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

I should be surprised by this but in reality I'm just disappointed

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
america's celebration of the military and lustful appreciation of weapons of mass murder is really hosed up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
love to murder and carpet bomb the lesser peoples of gayas body

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

quote:

I’ve been playing a review copy for over a week, and just discovered last night that a particular quest NPC not offering quest completion wasn’t the result of my not completing a quest. Instead, I came to realize (after it happened with another NPC) that any time I have two completed quests for the same NPC, turning in one totally breaks the other. This wouldn’t be such a problem if the one weren’t the core Brotherhood of Steel quest line, and the other from the core story.

As it stands, I’m more than 60 hours into the game, and feeling like the whole experience is now a wash.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Best Buy & Gamestop giving away FO4 for free with PS4 bundles, how bad is it??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

As it stands, I’m more than 60 hours into the game, and feeling like the whole experience is now a wash.

the story of video games

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Best Buy & Gamestop giving away FO4 for free with PS4 bundles, how bad is it??

apparently if you ignore that it's supposed to be a game with plot it's actually pretty good

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
new vegas had a bug like this with protecting the president. one of the fixes was to kill the quest receiver and then respawn him via console

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

duTrieux. posted:

apparently if you ignore that it's supposed to be a game with plot it's actually pretty good

what's wrong with obsessively traveling around boston and making numbers go up like a loving robot

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
basically, just wait a while until some nerds figure out how to fix things via console commands and post them on a wiki

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
fo4 will be real bad

nv was good, fo3 sucked donkey dick.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3cfs70_fallout-3-world-map_videogames
this guy uploaded a video where you can walk across the entire FO4 map in 10 mins and only get attacked twice

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

fo4 will be real bad

nv was good, fo3 sucked donkey dick.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3cfs70_fallout-3-world-map_videogames
this guy uploaded a video where you can walk across the entire FO4 map in 10 mins and only get attacked twice

that's the fo3 map

i would expect it to be about as good as skyrim. probably less good because i think bethesda doesn't have the writing chops to do apocalytpic settings (they just feel boring) but it wont be terrible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

what's wrong with obsessively traveling around boston and making numbers go up like a loving robot

i already do this IRL.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i already do this IRL.

ditto

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm pretty sure that's actually what pump dumper does

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is there even a difference between a post-apocalyptic cannibalistic mutant and your average bostonian?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Al! posted:

is there even a difference between a post-apocalyptic cannibalistic mutant and your average bostonian?

Most are draped in various shades of red/white/blue/gold/black & green sports merch which when all mixed up turns brown, so it sounds like they nailed it

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dang it feels good to be a gangster

Siljmonster fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

here's an excerpt of the riveting gameplay straight from the voige

quote:

Do I choose an even older save file, and progress to the same point in hopes the game has repaired itself?

Do I abandon this mission and hope all elevators aren't stop signs preventing me from moving forward?

Do I restart and repeat the same dozen hours, trying to recreate the character from memory and a good bit of luck?

so many choices! such a rich RPG experience

• Locked thread