Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Knuckles music.

http://youtu.be/ukp1N4hI2Xg
You know me, the fighting freak Knuckles,
And we're at Pumpkin Hill,
You ready?

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep,
Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece.
I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet,
The great Emerald's power allows me to feel.
I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere,
I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second,
I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley.
Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me,
Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em.
I'm hearing someone saying you a chicken, don't be scared!
It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there.
I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall,
And then I started to fly, I went in deeper!

Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep,
I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet,
I gotta hold my head, I have no fear.
It probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery.

(This is Knuckles, who fears none.)
(It's real deal when it comes to my name, kid!)

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep,
I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet,
I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second,
I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley.
Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me,
Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em.
I'm hearing someone saying you a chicken, don't be scared!
It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there.
I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall,
And then I started to fly, I went in deeper!

Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep,
I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet,
I gotta hold my head, I have no fear.
It probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery.

(Spooky up in here, it's crazy in here,)
(We still gon' keep it goin', I'm Knuckles.)
(Nobody scares me,)
(Whoever want it, bring it!)
(I don't care, we 'ka do this.)
(Then come step up to the plate, and meet your match,)
(It ain't no thang.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Knuckles and Rouge truly got the best music in that game. Rouge got smooth trip hop and Knuckles got ridiculous raps.

I will disagree that SA1 was the last good classic Sonic. The portable ones were mostly good for awhile and Colors and Generations were both pretty great (certainly better than SA1).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sonic Generations is a very joyful game. Makes me happy every time I play it, especially Rooftop Run.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Falsum posted:

They datamined SC2 LotV's cinematics and it's even better than anyone could have expected.

ending as i expected

thank you for saving the universe angel kerrigan

now go on that hot date with kimmy

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Yeah, agreed with this. I felt like SA1 was the last "classic" good Sonic game. If you take away Big the Cat, the gameplay is a lot of fun. I liked City Escape in SA2 and after that it's all downhill, no pun intended. Tails/Robotnik shooting sections are not fun, and the Find the Shard segments with Knuckles and Rouge are annoying as poo poo. Good music, though.

Someday I'd like to try Sonic Lost World, but I haven't heard anything good about it, honestly...

I still play Sonic games for the hell of it sometimes. Sonic 4 was frustrating and sluggish with a really awful camera. SA1 was alright considering what it was. 2 Had a few decent Sonic and Shadow levels, but the bosses were crap and the Knuckles/Rouge levels were loving hideous.. 06 was obviously garbage with no redeeming qualities. Unleashed had potential, but the Werehog levels were unncessary and excrutiatingly long and the medallion-collecting was bullshit (Sonic's fast levels were pretty fun). Colors was a genuinely good game. Generations was good, but some of the level design is wonky and the last boss seems like they hit a dead-end. Lost World is supposedly annoying on the Wii U because it has lots of gameplay quirks whose tutorials only popped up on the tablet during gameplay (when you couldn't focus on them).

I don't agree that there have been no good 3D Sonic games, but they really need to be given to the Colors/Generations caliber of developers, have their stories completely gutted, stop worrying about maximizing playtime, and given a reasonable amount of development time.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Sonic 06 at least has given us two amazing LP's.

I'd say it's worth it

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I have heard good things about Unleashed's regular Sonic levels. Would like to play through that sometime, especially if the rest of the game is as good as the Sonic Generations version of its one level Rooftop Run.

axleblaze posted:

Knuckles and Rouge truly got the best music in that game. Rouge got smooth trip hop and Knuckles got ridiculous raps.

I will disagree that SA1 was the last good classic Sonic. The portable ones were mostly good for awhile and Colors and Generations were both pretty great (certainly better than SA1).

I think that Colors and Generations are great Sonic games, just necessarily classic just because they're from the last 5 years. But yeah, that gap between Sonic Adventure and Sonic Colors was exhausting.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
it's a shame we never got SONIC X-TREME

that would have been one hell of a trainwreck

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Man, MGSV is so embarrassingly Japanese. The gameplay kicks rear end, though. Does it matter if I just skip the cutscenes and do the missions and stuff?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

tuyop posted:

Man, MGSV is so embarrassingly Japanese. The gameplay kicks rear end, though. Does it matter if I just skip the cutscenes and do the missions and stuff?

Jesus Christ.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

tuyop posted:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Instant Sunrise posted:

it's a shame we never got SONIC X-TREME

that would have been one hell of a trainwreck

When I was younger, Sonic Xtreme was the game I waited like two years for and then was crushed when it never came out. I was so psyched, followed all of the magazine articles on it, all that. Was so excited. I guess the source code for it is on the internet now so people can play unfinished builds of it? From what I've heard, it's pretty awful, so I guess we dodged a bullet with that?

tuyop posted:

If you don't care anything about the story, yeah, why not. MGSV's gameplay is definitely some of the best in the series, but the plot is definitely my least favorite, so knock yourself out

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

tuyop posted:

You can do that but then why do anything, ever

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
MGSV is the least Japanese one in the whole series :wtc:

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

theultimo posted:

Sonic 06 at least has given us two amazing LP's.

I'd say it's worth it

On a straight up entertainment level Sonic 06 is actually one of my favorite games ever made. Like it's just this perfect storm of broken gameplay married to an insane plot times semi-popular characters but with enough of a budget to be visually interesting.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Sega needs to make Sonic Generations with only modern looking stages and with only front/back sections (no side sections).

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Which one was the sonic game where you were in teams of 3? (Fast,bruiser,useless)

Because that was a fun game.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

By "Japanese" do you actually mean "similar in tone and handling to the Rooster Teeth series RWBY?"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

I'm regretting that I have to wait another 4-5 months for the next Tomb Raider since TR2013 was the bomb. I hope they really don't go full retard with open world bloat like in every other game that's out now.

play it on 360 its apparently a great port
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIr3q60XirA

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

i've seen that guy melt down a few times about anime in the iOS game thread

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

sega needs to modernize sonic by replacing the early-90s furry saturday morning cartoon anime look with a more modern, big-boobed moe girl anime look

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's not nearly as bad as the guy losing his poo poo in the overwatch thread because the game was full of GAY ANIME

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

tuyop posted:

Less anime than Peace Walker.

Then again, it's not 100%, it was rushed at the end, so maybe all the obscenely Japanese stuff was cut? :shrug:

Broseph Brostar posted:

It's not nearly as bad as the guy losing his poo poo in the overwatch thread because the game was full of GAY ANIME

This sounds hilarious and I would appreciate a link

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

on a scale of 1 to mischief makers:

how anime is metal gear solid v?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Tomb Raider basically proved that Uncharted is just a lovely knock off game. Really excited for the new one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Sunrise posted:

paz is anime but not much else in the game is.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Also there is nothing wrong with a game being anime as long as its 80s/90s anime

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I really hope this anti-anime stuff is some meme I don't get because I don't know its origin or something

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, there is so much great stuff that comes out of japan, like ghost in the shell, probably one of the best sci-fi anything I've ever seen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dude, SA has been 'all anime is terrible and all fans are pedophiles' since like 2001

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

Don't you dare diss the best game of that console generation

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I get it when people complain about hentai croped avatars, but just disregarding japanese stuff overall is really really weird, like what the hell would embarrass you in MGSV that is worse than whatever episode of Banshee or Game of thrones have?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Mistle posted:

This sounds hilarious and I would appreciate a link

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I have literally only ever watched one anime, attack on titan, because it was on Netflix. I ended up watching the whole thing because it was so...weird. Having never watched gay anime, I was really confused about all the weird screaming, crying, whining, that incorporates about 90 percent of each episode. aside from that, it was p. cool.

Atheist OUT!

I don't think he realizes how gay anime can actually get

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The type of nerdy stuff I like is good and cool, everything I don't like is insanely bad a terrible. That said the current fixation on pre-teen girls does weird me out a bit, but that's nothing to hold against a whole medium

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

Don't you dare diss the best game of that console generation

( :ssh: it's actually one of my favorite 2D platforms on the N64)

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I started watching and building gundams this year. It owns.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Broseph Brostar posted:

It's a game that opens with a man riding a unicorn chasing you and feeding a helicopter to a whale. It's still goofy Japanese bullshit.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Instant Sunrise posted:

If you need "Maximum anime" I think your maximum should be "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time"

I was told that was even more Japan than most Japanese are used to. It sorted the hardcore otaku from the casual otaku, so to say.

I think MGS:PW is about 5 on the SO:TtEoT scale, with MGS5 hitting 4, maybe 3

PW had the date with P/K, and the vocaloid robots you could customize, so that's a lot of strong points for a high grade.

Instant Sunrise posted:

( :ssh: it's actually one of my favorite 2D platforms on the N64)
:yeah:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

PantsBandit posted:

Sonic Generations is a very joyful game. Makes me happy every time I play it, especially Rooftop Run.

I thought it was really good, its the first game I ever got a plat trophy in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mischief Makers was an amazing game that unfortunately was pretty much custom made for the N64 controller making it really hard to put on anything else.

• Locked thread