Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Though I remember reading about the final area of Prime 3 and freaking out harder than the final DS fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The final ds fight in prime 2 actually kicks major rear end and has awesome music.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

I've never done the screw attack thing because it's hard to score an accurate hit with it in the primes. Was it even in 3 I don't remember? But yeah the annihilator beam ruins him. Dark Samus is the epitome of final metroid bosses though

the screw attack was in 3, but it was an early mid-game upgrade and it got a pretty severe nerf. one of my main complaints about the game tbh lol the screw attack is like samus' ultimate upgrade, i mean it's cool the game had a true plasma beam that wrecked poo poo near the end but :(

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

The final ds fight in prime 2 actually kicks major rear end and has awesome music.

I said it earlier but the part at 40 seconds in this video is on of the coolest scenes in gaming.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the screw attack was in 3, but it was an early mid-game upgrade and it got a pretty severe nerf. one of my main complaints about the game tbh lol the screw attack is like samus' ultimate upgrade, i mean it's cool the game had a true plasma beam that wrecked poo poo near the end but :(

It was probably hard to get a perfect screw attack in the 3D games. It seemed like it was more intended for wall jumping than standard damage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The worst thing about the Prime Trilogy disc is the removal of Metroid Prime 1 and 2's title screen and title screen music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PE27tYaSco love this song

this one too, from prime 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b71Dddf-VhM

At least they're still the credits themes.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 9, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

I said it earlier but the part at 40 seconds in this video is on of the coolest scenes in gaming.

It was probably hard to get a perfect screw attack in the 3D games. It seemed like it was more intended for wall jumping than standard damage

Screw attack in Prime 2 was great for killing metroids, but I think the metroids were weird in Prime 3.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The Metroid Prime 1 menu music is amazeballs.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Metroid Prime was so loving cool. Why hasn't anyone tried to do another first person metroidvania since then.

Evil Eagle posted:

this one too, from prime 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b71Dddf-VhM

At least they're still the credits themes.
So good.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Metroid Prime was so loving cool. Why hasn't anyone tried to do another first person metroidvania since then.

So good.

it seems like nintendo is aware people want another prime. i want another 2d metroid though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

The Metroid Prime 1 menu music is amazeballs.

Amazeballs doesnt even begin to describe it.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

god that last dark samus fight is so loving bad lol no i was talking about emperor ing.

you were right though, that is the final boss. the dark samus fight is your reward for beating the game.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

metroid prime music, and especially the first's menu music, is my go to chill playlist

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hate that dark samus fight. wait until dark samus stops being a little bitch and finally uses the attack that lets you hurt it, otherwise it shoots lame missiles at you. speedrunners hate it because its totally RNG and you can get stuck there for a while

screw attack in prime 2 was the best. huge mobility upgrade, one-shot everything. god those spiky ball virus enemies that would summon the annoying blue shield? if you screw attacked that shield it would trigger a unique shield shattering animation and loving destroy it lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I have a wii with super metroid VC somewhere, can I play it using a gamecube controller? Cause otherwise I only have a wiimote.

I've beaten the Metroid 1, 2, and Fusion. Fusion was an awesome game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to use a retro controller

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

frank.club posted:

You have to use a retro controller

Sounds like a stupid fail. How will I ever complete this game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dark Samus is such a good villain with such terrible boss fights. The, uh, second one in Prime 2 I think is really fun, that's it.

I don't even remember fighting her in 3, just that the final boss was a stupid tentacle or something.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

I have a wii with super metroid VC somewhere, can I play it using a gamecube controller? Cause otherwise I only have a wiimote.

I've beaten the Metroid 1, 2, and Fusion. Fusion was an awesome game.

You can use the Gamecube controller to play Super Metroid on the Wii. The stick's kind of weird for it though and the dpad is tiny.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dark Samus is such a good villain with such terrible boss fights. The, uh, second one in Prime 2 I think is really fun, that's it.

I don't even remember fighting her in 3, just that the final boss was a stupid tentacle or something.

They're all awesome fights imo. Dark Samus is my favorite metroid enemy for sure.

Dec 26, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Sounds like a stupid fail. How will I ever complete this game.

by getting a retro controller probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fusion is fun to move around in but that game is not really fun to progress in, sadly.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

In Training posted:

Fusion is fun to move around in but that game is not really fun to progress in, sadly.

what does this even mean

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

African AIDS cum posted:

what does this even mean

Okay, I'll break it down for you, 6 year old retard child. Fusion as good movement, it feels good to run and jump and roll around as a ball, traversing the worlds in the game is satisfying. It's not as fun listening to the computer talk to you for 15 minutes before your allowed to go to the next part of the game. I think thats what In Training meant. Class dismissed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Okay, I'll break it down for you, 6 year old retard child. Fusion as good movement, it feels good to run and jump and roll around as a ball, traversing the worlds in the game is satisfying. It's not as fun listening to the computer talk to you for 15 minutes before your allowed to go to the next part of the game. I think thats what In Training meant. Class dismissed.

Hey, why don't you treat African AIDS Cum with some respect?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey, why don't you treat African AIDS Cum with some respect?

I'm sorry, is he your little boy?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

rediscover posted:

Uh yeah it is fun lol

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's way more satisfying to gain access to new game areas because you can finally jump high enough or fit through the crack, rather than the game just saying "Samus, I now give you permission." It's the defining satisfaction of Metroid games. Stop trolling me!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

For you, I will.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

My apologies to ncs and his beautiful baby boy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

itd be a lot better without all the info room poo poo lol

i still love fusion though, ppl hate it because its the most linear metroid but it's still really fun to play through

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ralp posted:

It's way more satisfying to gain access to new game areas because you can finally jump high enough or fit through the crack, rather than the game just saying "Samus, I now give you permission." It's the defining satisfaction of Metroid games. Stop trolling me!!!

Thats how it is. The prompts just tell you what sector to go to its so people don't have to look up a walktrhough nbd

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Samus, use your suit's varia feature to protect yourself from heat damage.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

i was really mad because i was waiting until i got everything to go exploring and find items only to have everything locked off once i got the screw attack and was ready to explore

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember that spider loving me up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

i was really mad because i was waiting until i got everything to go exploring and find items only to have everything locked off once i got the screw attack and was ready to explore

you had to find secret channels to go between the zones without hitting any info rooms or else you'd be locked into fighting the final boss. it was the dumbest poo poo in the world and you had no way of knowing this

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was also that frame perfect thing you had to do to unlock a secret conversation.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah, Fusion and other M need a miyamotoing pretty hard. Except without all the bright colors, cheer, and repeated variations on boss fights that are also his signature.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ikanreed posted:

Yeah, Fusion and other M need a miyamotoing pretty hard. Except without all the bright colors, cheer, and repeated variations on boss fights that are also his signature.

samus exploring a world of cookies would be cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Explore a world of Mystery and Fun with a daring team of explorers, Samus Aran, Cubone, and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's mindblowing is that the director for Other M worked on Metroid, Super, and Fusion. Though there are a lot of similarities between Fusion and Other M in world design I just cannot believe he signed off on the story and Samus's character in Other M.

• Locked thread