Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think you've missed a week of football. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I started my season falling to 9/12 before this week, so I've had pretty decent waiver priority. As a result, I've been profiting when other players go down. I didn't draft Jamaal Charles or Leveon Bell, but you better believe I snagged Charcandrick West and DeAngelo Williams.

This week I'll be moving up to 6th, so I probably can't keep that going. But I'm trying to predict who will get injured next to continue filling out out my Replacements team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sataere posted:

I think you've missed a week of football. :v:

Right now he's out for a couple weeks. Soon it will be forever :twisted:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Week 7: Arian Foster
Week 8: LeVeon Bell
Week 9: Jordan Hicks

I bet it's Gronk or Antonio Brown this weekend :ohdear:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The biggest issue is that everyone has the possibility of hitting the playoffs at this point. I have a solid chance of being 9-0 and then the rest of the league is a mess: 5-4, 5-4, 4-5, 4-5, 4-5, 3-6, 3-6, 3-6, 3-6. The player with Miller just lost Lewis and doesn't have anyone else. I might be able to poach Mark Ingram off of my mother-in-law but her RB2 is loving Dexter McCluster.

Maybe I put in a 2 for 1 for Matt Forte?

Latavius+Matthews for Forte might be worth floating if you think they'll counter back (and they probably should). I have no idea what the outlook is on Forte but it might work if his owner is worried and his WR corps is a mess.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Victor Vermis posted:

Latavius+Matthews for Forte might be worth floating if you think they'll counter back (and they probably should). I have no idea what the outlook is on Forte but it might work if his owner is worried and his WR corps is a mess.

Counterpoint, by the time Forte is healthy, they might just shelve him because they have no chance of competing and want to see what Langford can do.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
For a non-ppr league, is giving M. Evans for Ryan Matthews a decent trade? With Lewis going down I need RBs, and I have depth at WR (Julio, Dez, Robinson, Diggs).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Freezer posted:

For a non-ppr league, is giving M. Evans for Ryan Matthews a decent trade? With Lewis going down I need RBs, and I have depth at WR (Julio, Dez, Robinson, Diggs).

gently caress. No.

The only thing you should give that other owner is the business end of your fist.

People will need your guys because they are all good. Shop Diggs and Evans imo and go hog wild on the league. That said, a lot of RBs have gone down so far so people are generally thin this week. Matthews is a desperation start even if you own him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Counterpoint, by the time Forte is healthy, they might just shelve him because they have no chance of competing and want to see what Langford can do.

I'm hoping this happens if they lose tonight.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Sataere posted:

Maybe, but I don't think he'll be on the team next year. A new contract for a 30 year old RB doesn't make a lot of sense for a team that is clearly rebuilding. Not that it's any difference, since that then might make a case for giving Langford the lion's share here on out to see if he's a viable #1 guy for the future.

FWIW, his touches didn't change much last year after they were out of contention.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rapoport reports Rams to sign Wes Welker.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Victor Vermis posted:

Maybe, but I don't think he'll be on the team next year. A new contract for a 30 year old RB doesn't make a lot of sense for a team that is clearly rebuilding. Not that it's any difference, since that then might make a case for giving Langford the lion's share here on out to see if he's a viable #1 guy for the future.

FWIW, his touches didn't change much last year after they were out of contention.

This is my point. They know everything they need to know about Forte. I'm still not convinced they don't offer him an extension. They are going to have plenty of cap space. It is almost guaranteed that they will cut Houston and Bushrod to give themselves another $7million in cap. They should have around $67 million on cap space going into next years free agency, but they are going to be mainly looking to get younger through the draft while still being competative.

The only key guys they would need to resign are Jeffrey and McClellin? (Not sure how they feel, but he'd probably be a good price and was having a decent season. They seem to like him.) Jeffrey is the only guy that'll get paid, but I wouldn't be surprised if Forte could get his best contract with the team.

I think it is very likely that the Bears go into this offseason resigning their offensive guys and just drafting solely on defense.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hey guys, SA's League of Posts needs a replacement owner for a playoff team (gonna be in top 6 after this week ends):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3735581&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post452474159

14 team PPR, keepers, auction draft. New league this year. The owner of the team in question got himself banned from SA, so, welp. If anyone could step in and take over this team, we'd really appreciate it! Please see the link above for details. Team is here:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/team/7

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dion Lewis was juking the poo poo out of people too hard for the human knee to withstand

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

gently caress. No.

The only thing you should give that other owner is the business end of your fist.

Thanks for the advise, I declined. Just to give myself a better idea, what RBs are more or less around Evan's league?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Welker just got signed by the Rams.

Yep.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

89 posted:

Welker just got signed by the Rams.

Yep.

Has anyone told him yet?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MrSargent posted:

Has anyone told him yet?

He's apparently very excited to play with Kurt Warner.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Getting nervous about being up 27 to Rivers. Isn't it about time for one of his patented Rivers breakdowns? :getin:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

weekly font posted:

Getting nervous about being up 27 to Rivers. Isn't it about time for one of his patented Rivers breakdowns? :getin:

Rivers is in every one of my games this week:

Up by 52 vs. Rivers
Up by 47 with Rivers vs. Gordon & Bennett
Down by 28 with Rivers vs. Floyd
Up by 614440 with Gordon/Jeffrey vs Rivers/Woodhead/Stevie (Bort got me 375988 this week!)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

weekly font posted:

You shut your loving whore mouth.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

He's apparently very excited to play with Kurt Warner.

I hope he wears the space balls helmet :lol:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Now my cousin can finally replace his Ricky Proehl jersey

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
. wrong thread, sorry!

slagmatic fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 10, 2015

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

Is Charmander's value close to Dez's or Evans' in nonPPR? Maybe I can bundle Dez and Gordon for him?

Help goons, I suck at trading.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm going to loving lose again in my big money league because scoring the second most points in the league just isn't enough. loving scored the 3rd most points in the league and I'm 11/12. I just have to keep telling myself that sometimes this happens.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Should I trade Sammy Watkins to get Justin Forsett?
Non-PPR

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

So I posted earlier about my 14-team, full PPR, non-keeper league and the poo poo trades that keep being offered and in some cases accepted. Here's the latest gem that's under review:
Arian Foster and Victor Cruz for Antonio Brown and Megatron

Guess which side is the commish of the league, who is currently in second place behind me. I obviously voted against it, but I've done so already in previous lopsided trades and they've processed successfully, so I don't think enough owners give a poo poo.

Please advise.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

So I posted earlier about my 14-team, full PPR, non-keeper league and the poo poo trades that keep being offered and in some cases accepted. Here's the latest gem that's under review:

Guess which side is the commish of the league, who is currently in second place behind me. I obviously voted against it, but I've done so already in previous lopsided trades and they've processed successfully, so I don't think enough owners give a poo poo.

Please advise.
Is it collusion?

If yes, Join a different league.

If no, Join a different league.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Sataere posted:

I'm going to loving lose again in my big money league because scoring the second most points in the league just isn't enough. loving scored the 3rd most points in the league and I'm 11/12. I just have to keep telling myself that sometimes this happens.

I hear ya. 4th in points and 13/14 in one league. Sucks, but it happens.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

Please advise.

This is not a league worth being in.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stop worrying about peoples trades and avoid the headache all together

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Trades involving an IRed player in a league without keepers are certainly worth concern.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

Stop worrying about peoples trades and avoid the headache all together

Hah, come on. This is as bad as trading a kicker for Brown and Megatron, sometimes you really should make a stink about an awful trade.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My thing is if I'm in a league I'm with people I trust so if I have to question trades I'm in the wrong league so either I'm not playing next year or I'm gonna shrug my shoulders

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
meh. I wouldnt veto it. I would simply tell the commissioner to gently caress himself and find someone else to fill my spot next year.

that trade is so bad its not even worth discussion. If hes willing to try and push that through, you dont want to be in that league.

actually you should now trade your best player to whoever the commish is playing each week or all ypur best guys to the guy ahead of him.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Yeah, that's a really lovely thing to let fly and not conducive at all to the 'spirit of competition.' I disagree with not making a stink. Make a stink. Burn their loving house down.

TommyGun85 posted:

actually you should now trade your best player to whoever the commish is playing each week or all ypur best guys to the guy ahead of him.

Yeah, do this thing.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
My league made a stink for me trading Randall Cobb and Giovanni Bernard for Allen Robinson and Karlos Williams and the trade was overturned.

If that warrants a stink-makin then yours certainly does.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Yyyyuup. Now I need 23 points from Langford tonight to avoid losing to the league's absentee owner who started two players on bye....
to add insult to injury, he will score 22.50

Fuuuccck you :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SurgicalOntologist posted:

to add insult to injury, he will score 22.50

quote:

Fuuuccck you :suicide:

:laffo: