Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Probability and that water jerk can both go suck a big fat one, I bought my dumb water horse (By paying a group to pass on it when it dropped)and it still took 22 goddamn runs just to drop once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

seiferguy posted:

I've only leveled up Marauder to 20 (I will get it to 26 for mercy stroke and that will probably be it) so I can't comment on that too much but I have PLD and DRK at 60. DRK is just more fun on every level for me, because 1. It holds hate way better, 2. The abilities look cooler, 3. Higher DPS. PLD has nice defensive cooldowns and slightly higher defense because of the shield but that's about it over DRK.

One of the main things I like about DRK is you find yourself using the DPS combos more often and not worrying about losing hate. There's a lot more thought into what you should do next as opposed to PLD which is a predictable rage of halone combo, goring blade combo, then royal authority combo (or probably another halone combo because you're losing hate fast) and repeat.

PLD has nice utility in specific fights, but overall I just think DRK is a more fun class.

WAR has better animations than DRK because they forgot to speed up the DRK ones so they look silly and floaty compared to everyone else swinging slabs of metal around like it ain't no thing.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I fought Ramuh 50 times this week. I saw four horses total. At one point I went over 25 times in a row without seeing even one.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
After having PLD as my only capped class since I started playing a bit after ARR launched, I've finally started leveling DRK and I'm only level 32 but it's loving incredible. Kind of wish I'd started on that in time to have it at 60 and geared up for 3.1!

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I have seen both sides of RNG's wild ride. The ponies dropped relatively easily, with 20 someodd runs being the largest number.

On the other hand, it took upwards of 40 runs of Aurum Vale to cough up the dungeon anima and then 71 runs of Aery to get the Dainslaif, during which time I ended up getting literally every other possible drop from the dungeon. I leveled three jobs from 55 to 60 just repeating Aery. :negative:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Wow. How is Dainslaif only a green dungeon drop? S'a drat fine looking sword.

Railgun
Aug 12, 2010
We clearly need more introspection on Levi EX. There have to be videos or guides on raising the drop chances by now.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
God dammit

I logged on wanting to play XIV for the first time in months and it's maintenance.

:sigh:

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

But it's maint for patch 3.1 so you have things to look forward to tomorrow :v

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Empress Theonora posted:

After having PLD as my only capped class since I started playing a bit after ARR launched, I've finally started leveling DRK and I'm only level 32 but it's loving incredible. Kind of wish I'd started on that in time to have it at 60 and geared up for 3.1!

I went from PLD -> DRK and the transition was loving crazy. What was most notable, oddly enough, was the vastly smoother leveling experience was, even well into HW. Pretty surprising what a huge difference a one-minute 30% Magic DR cooldown makes (along with actually having AoE damage :v:).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've been on many ponyfarming opportunities (I've helped Hamster several nights with Ramuh) and so far the only one I have is Leviathan's, which I got from a "hey I'll help you clear Ramuh if you get me through Leviathan" run :v:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 9, 2015

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Here's a little tip for pony farming Leviathan, which helps with both the weird-rear end phase pushing of too much DPS, and not having to deal with as much competition:

Don't bring eight people. Bring like, four. Maybe five.

Also makes it easier to organize since you don't need to wait for as many people to get started.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fount of knowledge posted:

Probability and that water jerk can both go suck a big fat one, I bought my dumb water horse (By paying a group to pass on it when it dropped)and it still took 22 goddamn runs just to drop once.

Easiest 500k I've made in game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Vermain posted:

I went from PLD -> DRK and the transition was loving crazy. What was most notable, oddly enough, was the vastly smoother leveling experience was, even well into HW. Pretty surprising what a huge difference a one-minute 30% Magic DR cooldown makes (along with actually having AoE damage :v:).

Yeah, I stuck with PLD way longer than I should of. I was just hoping for once in my gaming life to benefit from a major patch buff :negative:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is Lords of Vermillion like pokemon in WoW?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
It's a weird rts game that is another square enix game series thing (Lord of Vermillion)

e: vv right yeah that

Reco fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 10, 2015

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Lords of Vermillion is a card game for arcades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Vermilion

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The only time I've had problems with PLD's lower damage output (I don't do savage) is when the DPS are being brain-dead bad. The worst case I can remember at the moment is when I had a MCH in Fractal that only used Clean Shot on trash. Not only was their damage crap but I was rather sick of the soundbite by the end of it.
It's a more passive playstyle than WAR or DRK but I enjoy it more than WAR and just as much as DRK. DRK has the best level 50 quest by far though. Everyone should level one to experience that.

Lord of Verminion looks to be an objective-based RTS rather than pokemon. Tons more fun for the strategically minded.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 10, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kaebora posted:

They are.

Also, apparently they're undoing the Limit Break changes in the next hotfix, saying it was a mistake to make this change mid-raid cycle.

It's a mistake to make that change at any time. If a static wants to run 3-4 melee/ranged DPS why the hell should they be punished in such an arbitrary fashion?

Boten Anna posted:

I can't decide what I want to do when servers are up, void ark, thordian, exploratory voyages :ohdear:

You won't be able to do any good(hard) exploratory stuff right after the servers come up.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Vil posted:

Here's a little tip for pony farming Leviathan, which helps with both the weird-rear end phase pushing of too much DPS, and not having to deal with as much competition:

Don't bring eight people. Bring like, four. Maybe five.

Also makes it easier to organize since you don't need to wait for as many people to get started.

Yeah, I was in the farming group yesterday with Scrublord and we had six people; two tanks, two dedicated DPS and I was Scholar DPSing too. Agreed that it went smoothly and since only four of us needed horses made the 2/15 drop rate less sad since half the pony rollers got one.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Empress Theonora posted:

Going through the same thing, I've gotten DRK to 39 now and it's pretty great. I was really hoping 3.1 would be more for PLD, the aggro problems are real even in STR gear and spec. DRK I feel like I can actually focus on keeping up DOTs on the mobs vs worrying about aggro getting snatched away.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's a mistake to make that change at any time. If a static wants to run 3-4 melee/ranged DPS why the hell should they be punished in such an arbitrary fashion?

The change isn't probably intended to kill specific DPS comps although it does do that. It's probably intended to kill 3+ tank comps when a WAR/DRK can easily pull ~80% of a good DPS's damage on top of having tank defenses.

SE really really doesn't like people doing fights with anything outside of standard compositions and it looks like they're going to heavily enforce it with system wide mechanics this time. Stuff like triple healer T2 enrage, Titan tank Ramuh Extreme, single tank triple healer Ramuh Extreme, single tank T9, all of that stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hyper Inferno posted:

The change isn't probably intended to kill specific DPS comps although it does do that. It's probably intended to kill 3+ tank comps when a WAR/DRK can easily pull ~80% of a good DPS's damage on top of having tank defenses.

SE really really doesn't like people doing fights with anything outside of standard compositions and it looks like they're going to heavily enforce it with system wide mechanics this time. Stuff like triple healer T2 enrage, Titan tank Ramuh Extreme, single tank triple healer Ramuh Extreme, single tank T9, all of that stuff.

If it was just to address groups running 3x tank classes they'd go 2 tank/4dps/2 heal and not have a dumb ranged/melee dps specification for it.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Patch can be downloaded now. :neckbeard:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Grim Up North posted:

Patch can be downloaded now. :neckbeard:

Let the post patch server crashes begin! :dance:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

btw the PC patch download is 1721.45 MB

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's easier to design encounters if you can force people to run more or less the same kind of group, which is why the expansion classes are more or less homogeneous with the original ones as we've discussed a couple days ago.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I really miss the days when we had crit on SCH weapons.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

They did it again? :stare:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

nuru posted:

They did it again? :stare:

Ayyup.

quote:

Paladin weapon : Sword of the Heavens - Strength + 75, Vitality + 79, Determination + 66, Critical_Hit_Rate + 49 (75 physical damage, 52 magical damage, 2.24 sec delay.)
Paladin Shield: 30 strength, 31 vitality, 28 skill speed, 19 parry, 199 block rate, 549 block
Monk weapon: Knuckles of the Heavens: 105 Strength, 110 Vitality, 97 Crit, 65 determination.
Marauder weapon: Axe of the Heavens - 105 Strength, 110 Vitality. 97 Skill Speed, 68 Crit.
Dragoon weapon: Halberd of the Heavens - 105, 110, 97 crit, 65 determination.
Bard: Bow of the heavens, 105 dex, 110 vit, 93 det, 68 crit (68 Physical Damage, 52 Magic Damage, 3.04 delay)
Rogue: Daggers of the Heavens, 105 dex, 110 vit, 93 det, 68 crit
Dark Knight: Claymore of the heavens, 105 str, 110 vit, 97 crit, 68 parry
Machinist: Heavensfire - 105 dex, 110 vit, 93 det, 68 crit (68 Physical Damage, 52 Magic Damage, 2.48 delay)
White Mage: Cane of the Heavens - 105 mind, 99 vitality, 97 spell speed, 75 piety (75 phys, 104 magic, 3.44 delay)
Black Mage: Staff of the heavens, 105 int, 99 vit, 97 spellspeed, 68 crit (75 phys, 104 magic, 3.28 delay)
Summoner: Grimoire of the HEavens - 105 int, 99 Vit, 97 Crit, 65 determination (75/104/3.12 delay)
Scholar: 105 Mind, 99 Vit, 93 Det, 75 Piety (75/104/3.12 delay)
Astrologian: 105 Mind, 99 Vitality, 97 Crit, 75 Piety (75/104/3.20)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Saigyouji posted:

Is crit/det an optimal SCH weapon still or has that changed? Or was that even the case in the first place?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Crit/Det was the way to go in 2.0. It's still great, but people are pretty happy with crit/pie due to the mana drain of broiling nowadays.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

God dammit

I logged on wanting to play XIV for the first time in months and it's maintenance.

:sigh:

I remembered earlier today that I'm going to a concert tomorrow night

Which, yes, will be fun, but man it really should have been tonight instead

...jeez, this game is doing weird things to my head already :(

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Want that WHM Weapon even more now.

Precious, precious Spell Speed.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Boten Anna posted:

Is crit/det an optimal SCH weapon still or has that changed? Or was that even the case in the first place?

Crit/Det and Crit/Piety are both fine; Crit/Det is better on paper, but Piety has a lot of practical value that stat weighting doesn't really work for.

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 10, 2015

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Meanwhile I think the ongoing boss rush of Allagan Cane, High Allagan Crook, Bahamut Cane, Gordian Cane, and Cane o' Heavens is the dev team's attempt to indoctrinate WHMs into accepting Piety/Spell Speed as their lord and saviour.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The Void Ark tank set has 0 parry on it. PRAISE YOSHI

Meanwhile the casting pants have just as much goddamn useless accuracy as the BLM Eso pants. PRAISE TANAKA.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uhhhh are any of the other people trying to download the patch getting system errors from the launcher?

(the URL doesn't go anywhere, I tried)

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Axle_Stukov posted:

The Void Ark tank set has 0 parry on it. PRAISE YOSHI

Meanwhile the casting pants have just as much goddamn useless accuracy as the BLM Eso pants. PRAISE TANAKA.

They're saying you miss to much just get over it! (ninja stats of det/crit own)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
Kirin has mount music now. It's the 2.0 main title music. That's interesting.

• Locked thread