Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dongattack posted:

No, i'm using a European one, Scandinavian one more specifically.

Try changing it to US settings temporarily and see if it works.

I was using a Finnish keyboard and it didn't work but it worked if I changed it.

Vvvv that's works too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

No, i'm using a European one, Scandinavian one more specifically.

Found it, it was on one of my nordic buttons, "ø".

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

AriadneThread posted:

stop, please, you're hurting me

i changed my mind, keep defending your opinion, people's reactions to a personal preference are hilarious

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I feel like I am in the fall out 3 thread

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deakul posted:

The only useless information I can see is maybe the type, everything else has its use in determining what to sell(value), what to drop(weight), and what to actually wear(armor) along with knowing whether the armor is heavy, medium, or light and then you can actually sort things by those values.

Easy and handy.

You may need glasses, I mean I wear glasses and I love SkyUI.

It's all useful at some point, but you never need all that information at once, is what I mean. And I love how we're talking about UI preference instead of about the broke rear end patches that were hailed as fixing the game that made it crash every 20 minutes all on their own that I also mentioned.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Simiain posted:

I get the feeling I already know the answer to this, but is fallout 4 as devoid of ambient npc's as the rest of Bethesda's games?

No one else has mentioned it, but I'd really love a wasteland with more than two dozen people living in it.

I personally think it's perfectly balanced, as in there are loads of people about but not more than makes sense in the bleak setting. There are many outposts, and they are filled with a good number of people relative to their size. Also there are caravans and stuff that you will sometimes stunble upon. Feels pretty alive imo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Volkerball posted:

It's all useful at some point, but you never need all that information at once, is what I mean. And I love how we're talking about UI preference instead of about the broke rear end patches that were hailed as fixing the game that made it crash every 20 minutes all on their own that I also mentioned.

The crashing has probably more to do with you not reading the instructions properly and loving it up.

Just installing the unofficial patches won't make you Skyrim crash more (it actually does the opposite)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bought this game after not following it all since it is 20% off on GMG and I was going to get it eventually anyways, time to see if it can exceed even my expectations.

Also, every twitch streamer seems to be in a power armor suit almost constantly, they must be a huge part of everything.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Volkerball posted:

Oh, I actually hated Skyrim as a whole.
Probably one of the worst RPGs I've ever played next to Dragon Age 2 so I don't particularly care about anything else about it. :shobon:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Andrast posted:

The crashing has probably more to do with you not reading the instructions properly and loving it up.

Just installing the unofficial patches won't make you Skyrim crash more (it actually does the opposite)

i subscribed to them on the workshop. p sure that was allowed and they just suck.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Is there anyway to change the FOV?

Frankenoodle
Jun 6, 2015

Everybody's talking at me

Capn Beeb posted:

And crafting stuff automatically converts it into the required materials? Neat! Do workbenches have a global inventory?

Workbenches are not global as far as I can tell. I put stuff in Sanctuary, and it's not there in the gas station.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deakul posted:

Oh, I actually hated Skyrim as a whole.
Probably one of the worst RPGs I've ever played next to Dragon Age 2 so I don't particularly care about anything else about it. :shobon:

fair enough. i didn't like it compared to fnv, and i didn't get it until the game of the year edition was like $20, but that was more of a theme thing than gameplay. hearthfire was probably the coolest dlc for a fallout/elder scrolls game though imo, and i hope they have some dlc for FO4 that focuses on expanding current gameplay rather than solely standalone regions and stories.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Even with Strength at 8, melee doesn't feel like a lot of fun - at least not early in the game. Guns have more damage and available mods. Maybe this changes later on? I don't know. Kinda regretting my build.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Jesus Christ the UI is a disaster. Also no gamma or brightness settings, good job.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Volkerball posted:

i subscribed to them on the workshop. p sure that was allowed and they just suck.

Considering you are the pretty much the only person with that problem, it's probably safe to say it's your fault.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Volkerball posted:

Jesus dude you are not helping your cause! Nexus was where you went to mod the game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

is anyone else having trouble with the crosshairs/iron sites not aligning with each other? its weird because the bullets hit where the iron sites are aiming even though they're like half an inch to the right of the center of the screen.

e:nm restarting the game fixed it.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 10, 2015

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Game crashes straight away after start up. Cool!

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

Roobanguy posted:

is anyone else having trouble with the crosshairs/iron sites not aligning with each other? its weird because the bullets hit where the iron sites are aiming even though they're like half an inch to the right of the center of the screen.

Did you gently caress with the FOV settings? That seems to shift the UI all over the place so the crosshairs would be off centre.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cthulhuite posted:

Did you gently caress with the FOV settings? That seems to shift the UI all over the place so the crosshairs would be off centre.

that was probably it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

anatomi posted:

Even with Strength at 8, melee doesn't feel like a lot of fun - at least not early in the game. Guns have more damage and available mods. Maybe this changes later on? I don't know. Kinda regretting my build.

I would say the key to making melee fun is actually AGI-9 for Blitz. Blitz is hilarious.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cthulhuite posted:

The UI only screws up if you change the 'fDefaultFOV=80' to something else. Leave that and set fDefaultWorldFOV and fDefault1stPersonFOV to whatever you wish and you'll be fine.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

I feel like I am in the fall out 3 thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QBl-BuEIV8

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How many lines does Ron Perlman have in the game? Does he still do the intro?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Am I completely oblivious or is there no way to scrap junk other than dumping it on the ground at a settlement and then scrapping it through the workshop interface?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gonkish posted:

Am I completely oblivious or is there no way to scrap junk other than dumping it on the ground at a settlement and then scrapping it through the workshop interface?

Go to a workbench. Open up the transfer screen. There is an option to "store all junk." Stored junk counts as scrapped for purposes of crafting.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Go to a workbench. Open up the transfer screen. There is an option to "store all junk." Stored junk counts as scrapped for purposes of crafting.

Ahhh... I honestly thought you had to manually scrap it. That makes much more sense. Thanks.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Should I be getting this or rise of the tomb raider. That's really the important question here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gonkish posted:

Ahhh... I honestly thought you had to manually scrap it. That makes much more sense. Thanks.

You're not the only one in this thread confused by that so far. They probably should have just had it pre-scrapped for convenience but I guess they wanted to allow people to pull out random cans for some reason if they wanted.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Is it just me or is the framerate kinda abominable? I've got a pretty good system (980, loads of RAM, i7-4790k) but it still just feels like it's jumping all over the place FPS-wise, especially when I have a weapon out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Is it just me or is the framerate kinda abominable? I've got a pretty good system (980, loads of RAM, i7-4790k) but it still just feels like it's jumping all over the place FPS-wise, especially when I have a weapon out.

Try turning off Godrays, apparently those gently caress things up?

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
welp, I just bought a new graphics card (that I cannot afford) for this game.

I'll be sure to poo poo up this thread if I have any performance issues.

You're welcome.

P.S. Its only a GTX 970 :effort:

BigRoman fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 10, 2015

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'm sure it's been asked a million times but does dog meat negate the lone wanderer perk? This question should probably be in the op.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

Game crashes straight away after start up. Cool!

updated my graphic drivers and it fixed it

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

zooted heh posted:

I'm sure it's been asked a million times but does dog meat negate the lone wanderer perk? This question should probably be in the op.

No he doesn't, he's his own separate thing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hosed up trying to play early with VPN. It "unlocked" and then I closed the window instead of immediately opening it and now it says Pre-Load instead of Play and no matter what I sent my VPN to. I had my chance and I ruined it. :smith:

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Your Computer posted:

The UI only screws up if you change the 'fDefaultFOV=80' to something else. Leave that and set fDefaultWorldFOV and fDefault1stPersonFOV to whatever you wish and you'll be fine.

How do you change the fov? I tried those commands and nothing happens.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

Try turning off Godrays, apparently those gently caress things up?

That helped, especially outdoors, but it still gets framey particularly indoors. Wonder what's up with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
UK goon here, despite having to wait until midnight for the Pip Boy Edition I am happy with my purchase, sweet Jesus there was over a hundred people waiting to get this from Game and my town isn't that big :britain:

• Locked thread