Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I'm not Colin Craig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I'm an alien awkwardly wearing a man suit

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think Colin Craig is one of the better contemporary NZ artists tbh

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Colin Craig is like a stunted, not-fully-grown form of Tony Abott.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hekia Parata has gone full John Key on us:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The All Blacks don't ignore data that's inconvenient to them.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

And tend to quickly and aggressively shitcan anyone who underperforms instead of keeping them on and pumping millions more into supporting them and giving them more chances to attain the bare minimum of competence as outlined in their contract.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

mirthdefect posted:

And tend to quickly and aggressively shitcan anyone who underperforms instead of keeping them on and pumping millions more into supporting them and giving them more chances to attain the bare minimum of competence as outlined in their contract.

But enough about Hekia

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I found Colin Craig's next political theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

The All Blacks don't ignore data that's inconvenient to them.

And also have a competent person in charge

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Why don't the New Zealand police care about the sexual abuse of children

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Exclamation Marx posted:

Why don't the New Zealand police care about the sexual abuse of children anyone.

Fixed that for you.

Also, I have no idea, but it sucks.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I realise it was rhetorical, but too many police would have to admit their own faults if they started taking domestic and sexual violence seriously.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Double post but: looks like Labour are basically ditching all the policy they had last time. I liked Little's speech tho

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Key's response re: Christmas Island riots is to say that Kelvin Davis loves sex offenders (they're mostly petty criminals)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

gonna need to see this

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

revolting

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lmao

quote:

Key retaliated during Question Time, accusing Davis and Labour of taking the side of sex offenders by backing the detainees.

"These people, some of them are rapists, some of them are child molesters, and some of them are murderers and these are the people that the Labour Party is saying are more important to support than New Zealanders who deserve protecting when they come back here.

"Mr Davis, if you want to put yourself on the side of sex offenders, go ahead my son, but we'll defend New Zealanders."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/73859941/kelvin-davis-confronts-john-key-over-australia-detainees

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
K E L V I N  D A V I S

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that's legit one of the funniest things i've read in a while

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHNhpJ4ohTA

2:00 on

most of labour walked out

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
The fella in the article, Ricardo Young spent two years in jail for assault not rape or murder.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

andrew little's gonna look real stupid when every single one of those offenders is either a child molester, a rapist, or a murderer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

John Key taking a pretty principled stand that National stands by New Zealanders (that deserve protecting when they get here) (violent offenders aren't New Zealanders) (they can stay in Australian concentration camps) (in the name of mateship)

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I dunno if they are being held on Christmas Island but some of the people being deported don't even have a conviction.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I can't help but think that setting up a right-wing xenophobic lunatic's idea of a 'detention center' and then bungling the poo poo out of it is like a concerted effort to become America 2.0.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Watch as people vote for National anyway.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

well i mean key makes some pretty good points on the assumption that every single one of those offenders is what he accuses them of being.
he's gonna look like a right dickhead if it should come out that a majority, hell even a minority, hell even one of those offenders is neither a child molestor, rapist, or murderer.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

pretty big for nz politics

Robo Captain posted:

I dunno if they are being held on Christmas Island but some of the people being deported don't even have a conviction.

there are people in detention who haven't committed crimes, but yeah I'm not sure if any of them are on Christmas Island. There are people there with parking/speeding violations tho.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Key simultaneously has no information about detainees on Christmas Island, but can also confidently say they deserve to be there.

Key simultaneously thinks that you can't focus on the fact that New Zealanders are being detained because it's a blanket policy across countries, but also that you should focus on the rapists and murderers that are there despite the fact that it's a blanket policy across convictions.

The man is truly made of political jelly.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Hey Key was just trying to emulate his idol
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/iumigd/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-slandero-gigante

Starts at about 1:20

Varkk fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 10, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pretty big talk from John "Sexually assaulted a waitress" Key, imo

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

On the subject of "supporting rapists"....

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/regional/248961/christchurch-loses-rape-crisis-centre

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/250320/pm-accused-of-breaking-word

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11541781

As I said elsewhere, I imagine that Key would first have to find out if the turtle was a good turtle, if asked the proverbial "turtle on its back in the desert" question.

edit: I forgot to include the Sabin/Famous New Zealander thing from the start of the year. Where has that gone?

Binkenstein fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 10, 2015

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
No molesters, only molesterers

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Binkenstein posted:

edit: I forgot to include the Sabin/Famous New Zealander thing from the start of the year. Where has that gone?

From Mr Marx

Exclamation Marx posted:

They will stand trial in April next year

It's messed up that the National Party let Sabin stand while he was being investigated by police.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
Oh, I must have been confused; I was under the impression that it was the guards on Christmas Island who were the rapists! Silly me. Thank God we have John Key here to set us straight on this sort of thing...

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I really need to stop visiting Stuff.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, how about that question time today, lads?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I'm so angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog: