Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

ethanol posted:

does anybody know if i can run this on my system

SPECS

Xbox ONE
32 mb of esram
500 gb hdd
blu ray player
hdmi in

I already did this joke 37 pages ago. Go on, check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrDru posted:

I dunno I just wonder why people put up with it game after game. after game

Because they enjoy the strengths more than the flaws? It's not really rocket science here. Most open-world style games launch with some degree of bugs. Witcher 3 has multi-page patchlogs dealing with improvements and bugfixes. Bugs are not inherently the sign of the worst game ever made.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

Haruharuharuko posted:

So my ps4 copy is on the way from Amazon but I'm hearing rumblings of hosed framerate on that version would the xbone version be in better shape or no?
Looks like the XB1 version is in worse shape than the PS4 version:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

I just assumed the PS4 version would outperform the PC version on my setup (i5-2500, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 7950 3GB) given the recommended specs, but now it looks like it's the other way round. Ah well, guess I'll be doing my vanilla Fallout 4 run on PS4 and then my modded Fallout 4 run a couple of Steam sales from now.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

MrDru posted:

why does Bethesda ship out games with horrible bugs and why does the ~games media~ just seem to laugh at it

it is the status quo. it is profitable to release games before they are done and let modders fix them.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
there might be hope for this game yet because from some streamers i'm seeing they are playing it at 4K with reshade and it looks pretty drat spiffy

nowhere near as good as skyrim or witcher 3, but "we're getting there" so in maybe a eyar or so this game can look as good as skyrim from 2012 or whatevers lol

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
It's like everyone reads that article and stops before they get to the part about PS4 not handling firefights or particle effects well.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Protons posted:

it is the status quo. it is profitable to release games before they are done and let modders fix them.

lol if you think >1% of the user base has ever used a bug fix mod

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nigulus Rex posted:

I dropped one from perception on that build and added to INT, so that the bobblehead for INT, Perception, and Luck would all give me what I need in the end...maybe?

that link is loving up for me now, and i don't think it registered right.

you could subtract sniper for lifegiver, depending on which one you want first. +2 in luck. i think this would cover everything for a good sniper build.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Despite seeing a (possible?) spoiler pic earlier in the thread and all good sense, I got the game (Thank you greenmangaming for the 20% coupon!). Not expecting the world from it, but I liked Fallout 3 for what it is so I ought to get some enjoyment from this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

It's like everyone reads that article and stops before they get to the part about PS4 not handling firefights or particle effects well.

"PS4's lengthy stretches at the low 20fps range are out of place, given its advantages in every other area" is probably the noteworthy part there.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

that link is loving up for me now, and i don't think it registered right.

you could subtract sniper for lifegiver, depending on which one you want first. +2 in luck. i think this would cover everything for a good sniper build.

Fair enough.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=76.6.3.5.7.5

I don't care about sniper (never use vats and sway never bothered me), or refractor that much. So I dropped 2 from that, to get life giver + ninja at the beginning. If I'm not getting better criticals I might as well get the ninja multiplier right away. Thanks for the help.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I already did this joke 37 pages ago. Go on, check.

:tipshat:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nigulus Rex posted:

Fair enough.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=76.6.3.5.7.5

I don't care about sniper (never use vats and sway never bothered me), or refractor that much. So I dropped 2 from that, to get life giver + ninja at the beginning. If I'm not getting better criticals I might as well get the ninja multiplier right away. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, you really should have one of the ninja or critical perks right away just to get some bonuses in the early game. Good call. Gonna have to keep this build in mind, since it's p much the polar opposite of the one i'm using first.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
How do you leave flags and markers on map? I can't figure out, help me!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finlands Sexiest posted:

How do you leave flags and markers on map? I can't figure out, help me!

double click

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

JoshTheStampede posted:

I read that part. On balance I'd rather play a game that gets into the low 20s during intense firefights than a game that frequently pauses for a second or two while just wandering around. Either way though it sounds like both console versions aren't very well optimized, so it's not an ideal situation all round. On the other hand, those reviews that even bother to comment on performance seem to arrive at: meh, it slows down in places but it's not a big deal. I guess anyone who demands a consistent 60fps experience at 1080p and is likely to throw a hissy fit if they get otherwise isn't gaming on a console anyway.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this is my build, thoughts?

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=5e.3.3.a!21a1.2

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Sonance posted:

I read that part. On balance I'd rather play a game that gets into the low 20s during intense firefights than a game that frequently pauses for a second or two while just wandering around. Either way though it sounds like both console versions aren't very well optimized, so it's not an ideal situation all round. On the other hand, those reviews that even bother to comment on performance seem to arrive at: meh, it slows down in places but it's not a big deal. I guess anyone who demands a consistent 60fps experience at 1080p and is likely to throw a hissy fit if they get otherwise isn't gaming on a console anyway.

I guess to me it depends on how often the one second pause is. But yeah, that digital foundry video where they tut-tut over one console staying at 26 vs 28fps in one part was where I realized I'll never ever care about that level of difference. 30 vs 60, sure, frequent 20 sure. But some poo poo is just looking for stuff to nitpick.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Anyone not having the pick lock overlay show up? I Can hear it but nothings showing up.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Don't put 10 in anything. You get +1 in every special stat with bobbleheads. 2 will be useless if you're already at 10.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm getting kinda of a choppy effect when i strafe and turn at the same time with a controller. its not framerate, its something to do with the camera for sure because it doesn't happen with the mouse. Anybody else get this?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i don't play fps games with a controller

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Commissar Budgie posted:

john fallout....had a rough life...

"There's the face I love"

"I clean up nice"

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

Hmm, not sure if I want to risk it then. i7-03639QM and a 640GTM (2 GBs dedicated RAM) plus 12 GB system is risky.

Trip report: I risked it.

I get between 50-60 FPS on high-ultra settings at 1600x900 (playing on a 16" screen so 1080p isn't worth the performance hit.) Glad I took the plunge and only paid 48$ on GMG over the $80 console price.

I'm sure there's a few more things I can tweak but it's playable.

EDIT: \/ Not in Canada. $80 is our AAA console price now.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 10, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mokinokaro posted:

Trip report: I risked it.

I get between 50-60 FPS on high-ultra settings at 1600x900 (playing on a 16" screen so 1080p isn't worth the performance hit.) Glad I took the plunge and only paid 48$ on GMG over the $80 console price.

I'm sure there's a few more things I can tweak but it's playable.

It's $60 on PS4?

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
Killed a roaming trader for shits and giggles and to see if they would drop any of the cool stuff they had on them, and then Preston throws a huge loving fit and starts attacking me. I wouldn't mind, as I don't particularly care for him, but the fact that he can't die and keeps coming back up to fight me was loving annoying. Luckily I saved before killing the trader so Preston isn't throwing a fit anymore, but golly that was dumb.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

haha can you seriously piss off your immortal companions so bad they attack you that's like as perfect a loving example of "we really didn't think this through at all" - Bethesda, as i've ever heard.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
What does alcohol do again? I'm thinking about doing high Intelligence and keep waffling between high Charisma and Luck for my secondary fun category.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sooo how exactly do I setup supply lines between my settlements with the Local Leader perk?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Robot Danger posted:

What does alcohol do again? I'm thinking about doing high Intelligence and keep waffling between high Charisma and Luck for my secondary fun category.

In previous games it reduces Int and raises Charisma

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

computer parts posted:

In previous games it reduces Int and raises Charisma

raises strength and charisma but reduces int.

I don't know what it does here.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

NecroMonster posted:

raises strength and charisma but reduces int.

I don't know what it does here.

The same, and some kinds also give you AP.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
After like 4 hours of play some initial thoughts:

Good:

Settlement building
The shooting of mans
Crafting
Plenty to explore

Bad:

UI
Main story
Characters
Decals are still poo poo what the gently caress is this
AI
Controls

Ugly:

facial animations sometimes are :gonk: inducing
UI

thanks for reading good night

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
So is the Nuclear Physicist perk worth taking? Or are cores so plentiful that it's worthless if I'm not interested in the core bomb thingy

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Someone make a mod so you can have more than two names Tittie Tit Cummings Dick Tits

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

So is the Nuclear Physicist perk worth taking? Or are cores so plentiful that it's worthless if I'm not interested in the core bomb thingy

I think they're pretty plentiful but if you intend to use power armor a ton it couldn't hurt.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bethesda... Bethesda never changes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The character planner has revealed to me that I should've, on at least some level, conceptualized what I want to do before hours pre-release.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyone on pc getting weird blocky lighting on characters and managed to fix it? think i saw someone earlier in thread say it went away after the pre-war poo poo but its still there for me. :| seems to be only when outside though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Man, counting my stars I have tomorrow and Wednesday off work anyway. I ain't gonna get poo poo done around the house :v:

• Locked thread