Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I remember my school had someone come in and talk about drugs. He acted like it was a big deal that he smoked weed once.

We also had the D.A.R.E program here. It was fine I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anime crap really isn't that expensive here. most figures are in the 10-30 bucks range with the very elaborate ones being the exception (ie ougi was 80). i've seen blu ray sets (so the whole show) go from 20-100 bucks which i think is like buying shows in the west? idk since i've bought 1 blu ray set in my life and it was more expensive than that

also every store is packed and you got to shuffle past people constantlu

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Spike Spiegel made it look really cool to smoke cigarettes

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

homeless snail posted:

what if an anime camel told you to

American cigarette advertising is loving mental. It's not legal to advertise that in good ol' Canada.

Yes btw

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Davincie posted:

anime crap really isn't that expensive here. most figures are in the 10-30 bucks range with the very elaborate ones being the exception (ie ougi was 80). i've seen blu ray sets (so the whole show) go from 20-100 bucks which i think is like buying shows in the west? idk since i've bought 1 blu ray set in my life and it was more expensive than that

also every store is packed and you got to shuffle past people constantlu

How long are you going to be in Japan?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

In sweden it is legally required for each cigarette package to have "SMOKING KILLS" written on it.

Edit: in swedish that is, i'm translating for your convenience.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sylphid posted:

How long are you going to be in Japan?

i leave in 2 days

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Droyer posted:

In sweden it is legally required for each cigarette package to have "SMOKING KILLS" written on it.

Yeah, same in Australia. The industry is still reaaaal salty about it apparently

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Admoon posted:

it's also awesome because i'm pretty sure there have been studies that showed it actually helped in getting kids to do drugs.

the cop involved in mine was later arrested for drug stuff

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Parallax posted:

the cop involved in mine was later arrested for drug stuff

that's amazing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

littleorv posted:

American cigarette advertising is loving mental. It's not legal to advertise that in good ol' Canada.

Yes btw
that's not legal here anymore either and its hosed up that the government executed joe camel

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I respect Droyer's decision to not do drugs because I'll never have to read about his overdose from heroin

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I respect Droyer's decision to not do drugs because I'll never have to read about his overdose from heroin

Thank you. the only thing I overdose on is anime.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

drugs are badass

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

homeless snail posted:

that's not legal here anymore either and its hosed up that the government executed joe camel

I'm still amazed whenever I see an ad for cigarettes in a magazine (or whenever I see a magazine haha ha?)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, NNB and GochiUsa are more expensive than regular manga. They're going for KRW 6,000 or 7,000 whereas most manga are generally around KRW 5,000 or 4,000. That means they cost about the same as light novels.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

inspirational

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meanwhile, Jitsu wa got an anime adaptation but that apparently wasn't enough to get Korean publishers to translate it, which is a shock since more manga / light novels that get adaptations are brought over.

Just another way the anime has disappointed me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy poo poo crunchyroll added Dragon Half

http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-half

Please add it to the Simulwatch queue.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

(it's only 2 episodes long)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

Are you saying you're making a simulwatch? they don't just happen by themselves

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Droyer posted:

Are you saying you're making a simulwatch? they don't just happen by themselves

Naw, i'm just joking because it's super freakin short. It is a good little fantasy comedy though, so more people should watch it!

They also added something called Lily C.A.T.

quote:

2264 A.D.: The Starship Saldes is sent into deep space to explore a newly discovered planet. The journey will take twenty years. The Saldes' crew of thirteen, mixing experienced space jockeys with eager but naive scientists, are prepared for anything -- except an unseen alien invader with an insatiable appetite. Along with the ominous force that takes over the ship's controls. The voyage becomes a grim struggle for survival in a vessel which has become a coffin orbiting the paradise world which was to be its destination.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Master of None is a real good show.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

a kitten posted:

So many drat warnings.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope its alien but with a catgirl

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

i hope its alien but with a catgirl

Basically yeah.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol that yaoi VN has a body hair setting so you can adjust how hairy the dudes are.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Don't drink.

Don't smoke.

Don't shoot.

Get your anime pure and unleaded.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lilycat isn't very good though, it's kind of bad even by 80s OVA standards.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

lol that yaoi VN has a body hair setting so you can adjust how hairy the dudes are.

the boob slider of the bara world

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hibiki's arm... :stare:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's considerate of them.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I hope everyone sets it to max

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

NotALizardman posted:

Hibiki's arm... :stare:

aaa what happened i'm only on episode 2 of the second season :ohdear:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

whuh
where??

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i forgot what i was going to say, because of the yaoi vn post

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a tone to the terrible anime-lite games I've been recommended like Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney that seems like it's going for whimsical and just comes across as flat, unrealistic, unfunny and childish in a really insufferable way.

It's embarrassing because someone seeing me watching this poo poo would think I'm a mental adolescent who believes humans interact that way. It's kind of like listening to Beastie Boys in your car. poo poo's just embarrassing.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

a kitten posted:

aaa what happened i'm only on episode 2 of the second season :ohdear:

Don't worry about it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Bad things that happen to the girls in Symphogear only make them stronger in the end. Chris probably can't even be killed at this point.

• Locked thread