Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Dark Lord of the Sith or Freddy Kruger?

I remember being able to make a pretty badass Freddy character in FO3...

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Is that uncle ruckus

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

"I'm sick of all these freakin' ghouls on my lawn"

If I could get a gold chain accessory I would totally play Carl from ATHF in the post apocalypse

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

proper start for satan's page

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

anyone on pc getting weird blocky lighting on characters and managed to fix it? think i saw someone earlier in thread say it went away after the pre-war poo poo but its still there for me. :| seems to be only when outside though.

turn off god rays

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i thought people only became ghouls after the nukes fell

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Man... this game.

Also, while waiting for Steam to unlock this I found the following picture below on the Community Hub:

Does Jack of a proboscis now or something? Because that's not how you drink from a bottle....

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

post the baby

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

anyone on pc getting weird blocky lighting on characters and managed to fix it? think i saw someone earlier in thread say it went away after the pre-war poo poo but its still there for me. :| seems to be only when outside though.

If you have an AMD card my guess is to wait for a patch.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Hail Satan

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

At last we know what really started the War. Both sides collectively having a ":gonk: killitkillitkillit" moment, focused on you.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Did anyone here use Funstock Digital? Their website poo poo out and their facebook is a mess of angry nerds

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

pmchem posted:

How many lines does Ron Perlman have in the game? Does he still do the intro?

No the lovely voiced main character does it lol

I can't believe they loving brought Liberty Prime back, I was just annoyed about all the dumb poo poo like Macready or whatever but now I hate Bethesda and will dedicate my life to destroying them

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Outside of the hunting rifle and the pipe rifle - are there any other rifles? Also: Where the cool rifles at?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

No the lovely voiced main character does it lol

I can't believe they loving brought Liberty Prime back, I was just annoyed about all the dumb poo poo like Macready or whatever but now I hate Bethesda and will dedicate my life to destroying them

Uh oh, here comes trouble!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are towns still made of corrugated steel, rotten 2x4, and terrible art direction despite OVER 200 YEARS S/P APOCALYPSE? This was a very offensive aspect of fallout 3 that I forgot about and now I'm scared.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Are towns still made of corrugated steel, rotten 2x4, and terrible art direction despite OVER 200 YEARS S/P APOCALYPSE? This was a very offensive aspect of fallout 3 that I forgot about and now I'm scared.

Yes and forever from this day forth they shall continue to be.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Asproigerosis posted:

Yes and now you can build your very own settlements out of same

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I guess even after 7 years bethesda failed to learn how to properly create atmosphere with good art direction.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NecroMonster posted:

haha can you seriously piss off your immortal companions so bad they attack you that's like as perfect a loving example of "we really didn't think this through at all" - Bethesda, as i've ever heard.

maybe you didn't think it through when you started blasting your companion in the back of the head for shits and giggles. they have feelings you know.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Asproigerosis posted:

I guess even after 7 years bethesda failed to learn how to properly create atmosphere with good art direction.

I think they create the atmosphere they want to create, it just doesn't make sense logically that stuff would still be that bad 200 years later. They are more than happy to handwave timeline stuff like that in order to make stuff the correct amount of apocalyptic.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

crime fighting hog posted:

Did anyone here use Funstock Digital? Their website poo poo out and their facebook is a mess of angry nerds

Yep. Emailed them, got my key in 8 minutes. Don't know what's up with everyone else, did they think to email or did they be a dick in their email or what?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Is anyone playing on Survival having issues with retarded AI? A streamer said that higher difficulty levels make the AI more intelligent, and I'm about 12 hours in and I saw it really poo poo the bed for the first time, which is incredible for a Bethesda game.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Page 666 :spooky:

holy loving twatmunch

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Asproigerosis posted:

they're also now built out of the broken hopes and dreams of millions of bethesda fanbois

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
how do i rename my dog

i need to call him 'human being'

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dogmeat loving suuuuucks

His sole purpose it seems is to run around, alert all enemies, then run back to me.

D-dog he ain't.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Turds in magma posted:

they're also now built out of the broken hopes and dreams of millions of bethesda fanbois

and the tears of everyone who bought the Witcher 3

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

JoshTheStampede posted:

I think they create the atmosphere they want to create, it just doesn't make sense logically that stuff would still be that bad 200 years later. They are more than happy to handwave timeline stuff like that in order to make stuff the correct amount of apocalyptic.

Well, you really can't still be claiming a gritty shithole post apocalyptic setting 200 years after the fact. Also, Fallout 3 was greatly panned for the absurdity of the remnants of humanity living in squalor that would make mud huts look luxurious that also was well known to hamper Obsidian in making New Vegas because of the bad assets they were forced to use.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007

computer parts posted:

and the tears of everyone who bought the Witcher 3

It's me. Those are my tears.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I cannot kill dogmeat or tell him to get bent
I cannot kill the first group of people I meet in the wasteland
Base building is really boring

I'm 3 hours in and this is a solid 4/10

I'm coming off playing Destiny for the first time so the gunplay feels like trash as well.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

[Sarcastic] Looks like Bethesda released another winner.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Haven't unlocked. Should I wait a week until more reviews come in or start up tomorrow and ride the wave of cognitive dissonance? I'll be able to play tomorrow then I'm out of town on business for a week

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Sighence posted:

Yep. Emailed them, got my key in 8 minutes. Don't know what's up with everyone else, did they think to email or did they be a dick in their email or what?

Wow. I got my key emailed to me in less than a couple minutes. Nerds sure do get whiny.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm triggered.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Asproigerosis posted:

Well, you really can't still be claiming a gritty shithole post apocalyptic setting 200 years after the fact. Also, Fallout 3 was greatly panned for the absurdity of the remnants of humanity living in squalor that would make mud huts look luxurious that also was well known to hamper Obsidian in making New Vegas because of the bad assets they were forced to use.

The entire setting makes no sense though. Radioactivity from bombs lasts weeks, not centuries, so the whole setting shouldn't exist. But it does, because they decided the setting look/feel was more important than it being scientifically or historically accurate, which is the correct decision.

Literally everything about the world is handwaved to get the setting ambiance they want, so ramshackle peasants are no different.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

JoshTheStampede posted:

Fallout is post-apocalyptic, not post-post-apocalyptic. The whole setting is "humanity survives and rebuilds, but doesn't rebuild that much." Logic about everything being hunky-dory 200 years later isn't true in this setting.

When stuff gets too well preserved or 'normal', you get New "PLEASE PLEASE care about this random city that doesn't have the Enclave or Super Mutants to threaten it" Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
RIP nostalgia

• Locked thread