Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Despite my reservations about body/facial hair, that is a good butt :)

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Motto posted:

I have no idea how that would work aside from only allowing a selection of "curated" mods that are all pretty boring and then forgetting about the service completely after a couple months.

:shrug: My guess is it'll be like steam workshop or whatever and they'll just remove anything that could get them into legal trouble.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this has been a pretty exciting train ride so far, i saw the kyoani offices again and the suntory factory. im seeing where all the ~magic~ is made

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Go on

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wait is fallout 4 going to get paid mods

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Thank you

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

imo posting dicks is cooler than not posting dicks, but i don't think the former is permissible here

I was going to post a pretty great drawing of Link from the Zelda games, but I bet people would complain about a prominent if unexplicit bulge

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I didn't like FO3, outside of a few parts, but some of the changes in FO4 really have me interested. It'll still be terribly written, and the spoilers I've seen so far are hilariously bad, but the shooting seems way better, the armor system is really cool, and while I might dislike what they did to skills and perks some of the new perks look cool!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I need to remember to only watch Koufuku Graffiti aftrer I've eaten

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

wait is fallout 4 going to get paid mods

no, console FO4 is going to get mods, period.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

You're right, we should be posting dicks all the time.

:yeah:

Droyer posted:

I don't have a problem with posting dicks, but i realize that others do and i respect that.

:agreed:

:blush:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

but then you'd just feel bad about your inferior meal

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Like you can charge into people with power armor and kill them! That's rad!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

i'd rather look back on a less satisfying meal, than be looking forward to one

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't care either way, really. They're memorable and effective villains, and I kind of like Bethesda's black comic approach to them even if it's the exact opposite of what they originally were and represented.
The cool thing about Fallout's world, when properly handled, is that it's actually moving forward. It's not just an interesting setting to explore, it's a setting in which the status quo is always changing. Play Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas (in that order) and you begin to see how each game builds upon the last, creating a kind of living history you're experiencing. In first Fallout save a young girl from some raiders and return her to her father. In Fallout 2 you meet that girl again as an old woman, having transformed her village into a respectable city-state. All this time she's been trying to bring some sense of civilization back to the wasteland. By New Vegas she's dead, but her single city and surrounding territories have blossomed into a veritable country.

The Enclave were the bad guys in Fallout 2. Remnants of the old world. You defeated them. Years later, in New Vegas, you run across a few stray members trying to pick up their lives after the end. They want to be apart of the new world everyone's helping to build, but if their old allegiances were leaked they'd be done for. Run out on a rail. Fallout's world isn't just interesting, it's "Living." The status quo changes. We've moved past post-apocalyptic into post-post-apocalyptic.

Except Bethesda hit the reset button for Fallout 3 and all signs point towards them hitting it again for Fallout 4. It's a waste of the setting, IMO, if they're just gonna go back to zero every time and reuse old elements when the core of the series has always been about moving forward.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I was talking in the last thread briefly about bringing back my avatar. But with a twist. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to show off the goods.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't really think the Fallout series has had any particularly impressive plotlines, at least to me, it's more subquests and characters that I remember being really good. I haven't played FO1 though.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

It's better than being made hungry unnecessarily and eating too much

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

boom boom boom posted:

I was going to post a pretty great drawing of Link from the Zelda games, but I bet people would complain about a prominent if unexplicit bulge
People complain whenever you post anything, so probably.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Hairy naked men are good and Jodorowsky movies are good

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why the gently caress is everywhere in Fallout 3 and New Vegas still covered with busted up junk and scrap metal, even in places with tons of people living there

Like, the apocalypse happened centuries ago, loving clean up already

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
From this:

To this:

Now I can post in both the anime forum AND the sports forum with no worries whatsoever!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ling and Lan Fan are super cool

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I loving loved that show.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shinjobi posted:

From this:

To this:

Now I can post in both the anime forum AND the sports forum with no worries whatsoever!

It would be better if they were kissing

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
like, a lot better

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

boom boom boom posted:

It would be better if they were kissing

I was given this as a bonus:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shinjobi posted:

I was given this as a bonus:

Go with that one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Go with that one

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The cool thing about Fallout's world, when properly handled, is that it's actually moving forward. It's not just an interesting setting to explore, it's a setting in which the status quo is always changing. Play Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas (in that order) and you begin to see how each game builds upon the last, creating a kind of living history you're experiencing. In first Fallout save a young girl from some raiders and return her to her father. In Fallout 2 you meet that girl again as an old woman, having transformed her village into a respectable city-state. All this time she's been trying to bring some sense of civilization back to the wasteland. By New Vegas she's dead, but her single city and surrounding territories have blossomed into a veritable country.

The Enclave were the bad guys in Fallout 2. Remnants of the old world. You defeated them. Years later, in New Vegas, you run across a few stray members trying to pick up their lives after the end. They want to be apart of the new world everyone's helping to build, but if their old allegiances were leaked they'd be done for. Run out on a rail. Fallout's world isn't just interesting, it's "Living." The status quo changes. We've moved past post-apocalyptic into post-post-apocalyptic.

Except Bethesda hit the reset button for Fallout 3 and all signs point towards them hitting it again for Fallout 4. It's a waste of the setting, IMO, if they're just gonna go back to zero every time and reuse old elements when the core of the series has always been about moving forward.

I think that's a fair assessment but I also think you could make the case that since they take place on opposite sides of the continent, the world of Fallout 3 and 4 could be happening simultaneously with the rest of the series.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

Why the gently caress is everywhere in Fallout 3 and New Vegas still covered with busted up junk and scrap metal, even in places with tons of people living there

This is actually a mechanic in Fallout 4. When you secure certain places they become outposts, and you can junk all the random stuff lying around and build up your own nice, tidy thing

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That's a weak-rear end argument to make, granted, but it's how I think of it at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

when should i look forward to the FMA simulread/Seafood Effortpost Thread?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

boom boom boom posted:

Go with that one

In for a penny, in for a pound I guess. Time for gay hockey.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

a kitten posted:

Man, screw you for getting enya stuck in my head. :mad:

Enya's great. I first heard her from an old RE4 LP that lost the audio or something to one of their videos, so they just put in a bunch of Enya songs over it. From there it was right to iTunes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Post about Falls Out

I can get that. It's one thing to be lazy and stagnant with an IP and setting of your own creation, but it's even more lame when you're doing it with one you bought up, especially when you got people who actually care to make a game between your entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

We're not particularly clean even today, frankly.

• Locked thread