Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She's abandoning her husband this owns

E: Awwwww no don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

She bailed on it.

And that wasn't suspicious at all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god Reagan telling movie war stories

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
already senile in 1979. god bless america.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reagan is better than I could've imagined

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh my god Reagan telling movie war stories

Something he did. 8 loving years.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Impressed with Campbell's Reagan.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
But how?

:911:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I wasn't sure about Campbell's Reagan in the opening, but that scene completely sold me on it

"But how?"
*walks away*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahaahahaha god dammit

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ALIENS

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
"Okay then."

His destiny isn't to shoot up the butcher shop, it's to work there!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

He knew the kid couldn't do it, so the goon comes in to do it himself.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Fat Damon, nooooo

e: drat, he's got this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh ya, this turned out great!

I'm glad the girl didn't die, I admit it

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So any chance this is the Malvo origin story?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LostRook posted:

So any chance this is the Malvo origin story?

???

Why?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hah, just getting the episode title

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
This is like Gift of the Magi, but with murder.

Edit: Wait is that the episode title? Goddamnit, I'm dumb.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MrAristocrates posted:

Hah, just getting the episode title

Hahahah yea just coming to post this

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'll own up to the fact I had to brush up on The Gift of the Magi (once I saw the description of the watch and chain on Wiki, I remembered) and yeah, that's what it is.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
spoiled preview chat:

ted danson :ohdear:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This show is so loving good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OP please replace the Brad Garrett as Joe Bulo image with one of Bookeem Woodbine as Mike Milligan

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
:stonk:

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
There's a lot I want to say about this show, but it's almost entirely positive and a lot of it has been covered already. Superb photography, great writing, wonderful characters, great attention to themes, metaphors, etc. I like just how wonderfully the idea of "Ed is a cow" has been worked into the whole character/animal comparison thing, as well as the mythological and literary references are some of my favorite of the aforementioned themes.

Most every complaint I have seems like nitpicking, to me. I'm sort of iffy about where the UFO thing is going, because I really hope something satisfying comes of it. There's a lot of ways it could go right now. In the first two or three episodes I thought maybe it was being used as an analogy for the viewers observing the strange world of the series, but that seems to be become less and less likely.

I just can't help but keep thinking back to season one when Lou referred to (gonna spoiler this just in case anyone reading hasn't seen the first season, but frankly I'm conflicted about it needing it at all--last season and such) a hotel (that we're now acquainted with) in Sioux Falls having bodies stacked wall-to-wall, or floor-to-ceiling, or something like that..

One more thing: I think it may have been mentioned in an earlier episode, or maybe in the thread, but I don't recall: Does anyone know what kind of car Peggy's was? It definitely stood out, what with that aesthetic and either rear or mid-engine design (I really know only the very basics about cars, sorry).

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Terra-da-loo! posted:

One more thing: I think it may have been mentioned in an earlier episode, or maybe in the thread, but I don't recall: Does anyone know what kind of car Peggy's was? It definitely stood out, what with that aesthetic and either rear or mid-engine design (I really know only the very basics about cars, sorry).

Chevrolet Corvair

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Loved that the tiny nods to the original film are barely noticeable at all, like the song Jose Feliciano sings when Steve Buscemi takes the prostitute out for a "date" playing on the radio playing at the repair shop when Peggy picks up her car.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 10, 2015

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Ha, nice choice of car, then. Thanks.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

The first season was great, but this season is even better. I don't know how they will finish it all up, but looking forward to it. It's just great and it is moving at a steady pace with no fillers. Bruce Campbell as The Gipper in the men's room with Lou was brilliant and so was Offerman asking Lou to ask Reagan about Joan Crawford's crabs and his response. Best show currently on the air now.

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp

MaoistBanker posted:

Loved that the tiny nods to the original film are barely noticeable at all, like the song Jose Feliciano sings when Steve Buscemi takes the prostitute out for a "date" playing on the radio playing at the repair shop when Peggy picks up her car.

Not to mention Bruce Campbell playing an actor in both.

nopants
May 29, 2004
What was the music that started right before the kid went into the butcher's shop for the throw down? It was so familiar, but I can't place it.

nopants fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 10, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That episode was amazing, and in a show filled with highlights (Reagan in the men's room was incredible) the moment that stuck with me the most was Ed's faraway "what has my life become" stare as Peggy excitedly babbled on about how she'd finally come around and sold the car to get back the money and was willing to stick with him through thick and thin :xd:

Edit:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 10, 2015

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Emetic Hustler posted:

Best show currently on the air now.

Truth.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I loved the bit when Mike Milligan touches Joe Bulo's hair again.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Cannot wait for Bear.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Jerusalem posted:

That episode was amazing, and in a show filled with highlights (Reagan in the men's room was incredible) the moment that stuck with me the most was Ed's faraway "what has my life become" stare as Peggy excitedly babbled on about how she'd finally come around and sold the car to get back the money and was willing to stick with him through thick and thin :xd:

Edit:

Peggy being an actual magazine hoarder (we never saw much evidence of it after their first scene together at the dinner table until they revealed the basement this episode) makes a lot of sense for the dynamic between her and Ed. She can't let go of stuff, whether it's the mags in her basement or the life and relationship she's not happy with anymore.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nopants posted:

What was the music that started right before the kid went into the butcher's shop for the throw down? It was so familiar, but I can't place it.
some prog rock sound stuff like from earlier.

A subtle reminder of ALIENS

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm pretty sure this show, this season, is making me feel like how breaking bad did. The sounds, the characters, the events, and by not killing the girl, the kid, or meth damon they resolved the issue momentarily and let me be relatively happy with the outcome.

A handful of shows think that good writing is making you care about a character and then killing them. To me, whats more challenging is writing them into situations that seems like they have a slim chance of getting out of and while baiting the viewer into beleiving that anyone can die at anytime and finding an inventive and beleiveable way for the character to get out.

I mean, lol at a loving richochet. A richochet, which causes confusion and allows a moment for people to breathe. Sure I'll take it. Thanks mr alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The kid looks kind of Native American. Is he the indian's kid or the oldest gearheartd son's?

• Locked thread