Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

Full disclosure: idk how to play unless the rules are your car must be the same colour or model

Yes those are the rules, but I hosed up earlier and we just ran with it so don't be afraid, jump in. Keep that F5 key handy, though. And I LOL'd at STR's entry. From an AI forum POV this is loving hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

Full disclosure: idk how to play unless the rules are your car must be the same colour or model

I think we are playing a bit fast and lose with the rules, given the number of cars on fire being posted :D

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whoa whoa they were also all yellow

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

tbh with your avatars you two can just blame your fuckups on the other

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

From the GBS Car Game:

Geirskogul posted:

This Red-and-grey Subaru Baja WRX Conversion combines both the utility of the Avalanche and the sportiness of the Impreza

:love:

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
:argh: Bajaha

Edit: Also WTF is with the new "newbie" avatars.

Timmy Cruise fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 10, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I got nervous when I saw all of the new posts but I was pleasantly surprised by all of this.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Timmy Cruise posted:

Dang, I guess they just changed it again. And I was just getting used to garbage dick.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

gently caress sakes. Normally I'm on the ball with car game, off-day I guess.
e: but my dick is more purple than that Steamer :colbert:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Tommychu posted:

gently caress sakes. Normally I'm on the ball with car game, off-day I guess.
e: but my dick is more purple than that Steamer :colbert:

Looks purple on my machine, sorry dude.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Timmy Cruise posted:

gently caress me, is that what the Bonzai bullshit is? I've been wondering why I'm seeing that little prick everywhere.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

bennyfactor posted:

Looks purple on my machine, sorry dude.

Ehh gently caress it, we'll call it a very deep purple and I'll accept my loss. Not like GBS car game invasion is high stakes anyway.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

gently caress me, is that what the Bonzai bullshit is? I've been wondering why I'm seeing that little prick everywhere.

Wait, what? I thought that was all the same person :argh:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

some texas redneck posted:

Yeah uh, most people I know just get really quiet when they're stoned. Personally, the only noises I can really make while baked are the stereotypical stoner laugh. I sometimes get coherent enough to order delivery, but the delivery person usually gets a contact high as soon as I open the door. I can't function enough to form a complex sentence when I'm baked.

(I've been tipped with joints before while playing delivery person,. that was always great.. also been tipped with shots and beers, I normally turned down shots, but if they gave me a beer I'd toss it in the fridge when I got home)

If it makes you feel any better, I also want to curbstomp the person that's smug about being really high too. Enjoy the high, but don't ruin my high by blabbing about how high you are. A brief "wow I'm loving baked" is enough.

I am, hilariously, no-poo poo allergic to pot. Break out in hives and sets off asthma attacks. Apparently triggered by too much exposure burning out ditchweed on my grandparents' farm. Drives me nuts at concerts. We drunks can pre-game, but the potheads feel they need to smoke up in the crowd. I don't even go to indoor concerts anymore because of it.

Pain in the rear end.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Tusen Takk posted:

That's the rules, and you'd think it'd be easy to not gently caress up. Fortunately for our entertainment, it somehow is for some people.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Motronic posted:

Why would you spend $480 on a water pump and what adapter kit are you talking about? Also, that timing belt kis is overpriced and likely not what you want (they often include all the seals, etc and there is no reason to buy that unless you need to replace seals).

Also, I'll loan you the tools if you can't find them locally.

Hmm, I was just browsing through pelican parts. They don't even carry the pre '88(?) water pump, and claim they have a little kit to install the later pump on the earlier motors.

And thanks for the offer! I know there's a decent Porsche club in Phoenix, so I'm sure I can probably find it.

kastein posted:

:wave:

I do PCB design drat near every day. Been doing it for ~15 years as a hobby and about 4 years professionally.

Here's a 97-01 XJ auto transmission controller I did recently, actually:

Disregard the purple, the bargain basement PCB fab house I use for prototypes does everything in purple:

It's a 4 layer board, I probably could have avoided 4 layers by spreading the design out more, but I didn't have the enclosure I was designing for (it bolts directly into the stock TCU enclosure once you cut a second hole for the user interface port) on hand when I designed the board, so I just packed it as tightly as I could. If I end up producing them in quantity I'll probably do a serious redesign and spread things out so I can bring it down to two or maybe three layers to reduce PCB fab costs.

I have been debating moonlighting/contracting (for a year or two, a couple friends have tried to get me to do stuff for them, and I wanted to...) but right now I'm just too drat busy with the house. Maybe when winter sets in for real.

Awesome! I'm just getting my feet wet. I'm kinda stuck with one layer single sided as the plan is to isolation mill them.

I'm working on a little board to drive "smart" coils with MS, because v3.57 boards are smd and lack a proto area. Friend with the 12.01sec Volvo needs one, and I'll need one for the BMW when I go COP.

Purple boards? OSH Park?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There are days when my belief that the vast majority of people in the world are too stupid to be left living. Today is one of those days and it's not even 11am.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

GOD drat, Nicely done, boys!

You ran a GBS Car Game better than most of the car games in our own subforum!

I'm honestly impressed.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I have to move in two weeks, have been approved today to rent a house with this:

Shenanigans will happen. It's powered too. Now you can find where the house is too if you cared to stalk me!
The house is very old and small, so still looking, but this is our backup plan.
Got my boy some more hotwheels, 62 C10 pickup, 70 plymouth superbird, 69 dodge charger.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Would it be a bad idea to start a "Post your favorite project thread" here in AI? I want some good reading material for slow times at work. I think Fuzzkill's project would be a shoe-in, Moocow's milk truck. But off-forum stuff too.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So somehow 14hrs of my day disappeared into fallout 4...

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Ferremit posted:

Fallout.
Fallout never changes.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Hello is everyone enjoying they're day off playing fallout 4?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Oh lol i suppose you are 😁

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Oh poo poo, thanks for posting about fallout 4. I preordered that poo poo last week so they'd have a copy for PC at gamestop, because gently caress downloading games that big. I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Looks like wine and fallout are on the menu this evening, aww yiss.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug

BloodBag posted:

Oh poo poo, thanks for posting about fallout 4. I preordered that poo poo last week so they'd have a copy for PC at gamestop, because gently caress downloading games that big. I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Looks like wine and fallout are on the menu this evening, aww yiss.

I gotta wait till next week to get F4.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Congratulations on your self restraint!

corn in the fridge posted:

Oh lol i suppose you are 😁

Maybe if someone can figure out how to put the forums on the pip-boy.

BloodBag posted:

I bought it on Steam but I think the retail disc PC copies still require a lot of downloading.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought it retail and it still downloaded like 20gbs of data.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Yeah the day 1 patches are almost as big as the game, which is becoming the norm for big releases since it takes 3+ months to have all the discs pressed.

Digital download FTW.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's not a patch, it's that most retail purchases just install the Steam client and then set it to download the game. I mean, patches are huge, too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug
Yeah, the retail just installs Steam and the main game, everything else is digital download.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I was looking forward to fall out 3, hence the user name, was playing fo2 at the time. But I never even played fo3 except on the internet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sweet start to the day. Computer crashed and my company is too cheap to have an on-site tech guy for this office so I'm probably going to get sent home.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Not jazzed about Fallout 4. Walking obscene distances in a video game is generally not exciting to me, and when reviewers are saying that it takes something like twenty hours for a plot to pay off, that's a deal breaker.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Turned 30 today. It was harder to get out of bed, but I think it was a mental issue and not physical. Was legit comfy though.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

scuz posted:

Not jazzed about Fallout 4. Walking obscene distances in a video game is generally not exciting to me, and when reviewers are saying that it takes something like twenty hours for a plot to pay off, that's a deal breaker.

The distances aren't that great, and once you've been somewhere you can teleport back there instantly. And it's definitely entertaining for those 20+ hours.

Long RPGs aren't for everyone though.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Cage posted:

Turned 30 today. It was harder to get out of bed, but I think it was a mental issue and not physical. Was legit comfy though.

Happy birthday!

Anyone here going to get the new Starcraft game? I want to play coop but not with random people online and I don't have any friends that are going to buy it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

No Fallout 4 for me yet, this computer won't run it and my gaming/sim rig isn't setup yet. Brother is trying to talk me into picking up a PS4 to play Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 3 with...I'm tempted since my G27 will work with it. Instead I'm installing New Vegas on this computer for a while instead of working on the sim rig or projects that actually need to be finished.

Nice going with the car game in GBS.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

scuz posted:

It's just like the other games, it has fast travel and all that. Not that I've gotten very far but it's similar to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Nothing really different in regards to how the map is. 20 hours is also about normal for an AAA game :confused:

I can't get the companion app to sync to my PC.

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone here going to get the new Starcraft game? I want to play coop but not with random people online and I don't have any friends that are going to buy it.

I definitely will at some point. Does it have co-op campaign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
LOLed at that GBS thread at work, you pricks.

Company is going to offer life insurance, now. I feel so ooooolllldddd just considering life insurance. I don't even have any beneficiaries that would make it worth it so meh.

• Locked thread