Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Constr posted:

Bad Seafood would you reccomend New Vegas to someone who's never played a fallout game before? (me)

It was the first Fallout game I played and I'd recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Tomo's mom's probably not more than 10 years my senior. I think our relationship will work out.

It's okay, anime mothers look impossibly young anyway, nobody will be able to tell.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ugh hate finding a manga that's lacking like 3 chapters right at the very end and hasn't had an update in years. Somebody please just finish it for gently caress's sake. :mad:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I wasn't sure at the first sip, but by the bottom of the glass I was glad that I again have the wherewithal to make a negroni.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

Ugh hate finding a manga that's lacking like 3 chapters right at the very end and hasn't had an update in years. Somebody please just finish it for gently caress's sake. :mad:

:fistbump:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I wanna watch Japanese cop shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSGmoYw0qk

Kentaro Haneda did the soundtrack for this, I used to have the links for it but they're lost now.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

People who start translations and then don't finish them should be shot imo

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

In Fallout 3's case, however, it's weird because they try to have their cake and eat it too, only I guess the reverse of that. By setting it on the far side of the continent in the ruins of Washington D.C., yeah, okay, we lose out on a lot of potential worldbuilding and lore being carried over. But hey, a new location means a fresh start, right? Like you said, we shouldn't arbitrarily shackle ourselves to the past. Let's look forward! It's the whole other side of the country! Who knows what kind of crazy new creative, interesting stuff we'll find over there. The West Coast's an open canvas!

...Except it's basically the same stuff. Again. We're back in he vaults. Again. The Brotherhood's back. The Enclave's back. Super mutants are back and mindless killing machines. Mostly. Lets go find another GECK. Again.

Rather than resetting everything back to zero so they can do their own thing, Bethesda reset everything back to zero so they could borrow from the previous games in the series, which I do consider "Boring and restrictive," creative-wise.

Honestly I agree with you about all this, even if I like Fallout 3 and haven't played the first two. I think that's a big problem with how that game was made, though. They knew most people hadn't played a Fallout game before, and yet they made a sequel marketed at a bigger audience anyway. How would you feel if they just called that game Fallout, or if they had just made their own continuity?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Droyer posted:

That's not very nice. Maybe they had real life issues come up, or perhaps they lost easy access to the manga in question. It could be anything.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

That's not very nice. Maybe they had real life issues come up, or perhaps they lost easy access to the manga in question. It could be anything.

thanks, hajime

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Well i mean, i wasn't being serious. I'm opposed to violence

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

what if they stop because the manga got bad?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I am just really happy that they do it at all, for nothing! It sounds like a lot of work.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

Well i mean, i wasn't being serious. I'm opposed to violence

wuss

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Of course you'd say that, Three Explosions

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

thanks, hajime

No problem.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm listening to this album, it's very hard to find anything about it, and googling "Pacific Japan" doesn't really yield good results.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

Of course you'd say that, Three Explosions

gunshots, actually.

gonna shoot you right down.
right offa your feet

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Update: googling "Pacific Japan album", has yielded good results.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

big prob is that a lot of the time when this happens the group doesn't drop it and there is some weird taboo in the scanlating community about picking up a work that is already being done even if it's been 300 days since the last release. Ive seen groups wait years before picking something up cause they don't want to step on any toes and start drama. Don't know it's still like this but it was years ago.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

http://hastebin.com/raw/eziriberin

There's the list of names that FO4 recognizes.

Not only is my waifu's name not on there, my name isn't either! This is insanely hosed up!!

Oh poo poo my name is on there

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

hello fuckface

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

big prob is that a lot of the time when this happens the group doesn't drop it and there is some weird taboo in the scanlating community about picking up a work that is already being done even if it's been 300 days since the last release. Ive seen groups wait years before picking something up cause they don't want to step on any toes and start drama. Don't know it's still like this but it was years ago.
You'd think the most important part would be getting the goddamn scanlations done, but what do I know.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

Congratulations Boobies!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NotALizardman posted:

http://hastebin.com/raw/eziriberin

There's the list of names that FO4 recognizes.

Not only is my waifu's name not on there, my name isn't either! This is insanely hosed up!!

no bort

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv posted:

How's it shakin, Assface?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

drat, I was too slow.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the most hosed up thing Ive seen recently in scanning is that there are translations for the next 100 chapters of bebop high school but it has been like half a year since the last release

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 10, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ohhhhh you guys

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gently caress, I voted for the wrong option. poo poo.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Twiddy posted:

You'd think the most important part would be getting the goddamn scanlations done, but what do I know.

Everyone wants to be internet famous. Why not do it through your amazing translation of My Balls

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

GorfZaplen posted:

gently caress, I voted for the wrong option. poo poo.
True story, didn't even read the opening post when viewing the poll so I just put down "1st" because what else are you gonna put down?

I like to think my 4 anonymous buddies are the same.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

can't forget though sometimes scanlators are real good though like when they translated all 350+ chapters of kyou kara ore wa!! in 2 years

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Time to watch Symphogear GX. I'm excited.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
One of the sites I read on also uploads raws for some series; the one I was just checking on to see if anyone had picked it back up has complete raws so I'm a little surprised nobody at all has tried to finish it, other than the original group that did it still lists it as one of their active projects despite no progress so I guess their claim still trumps everyone else's.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Constr posted:

Bad Seafood would you reccomend New Vegas to someone who's never played a fallout game before? (me)
Sure, though with some caveats (which, really, apply to every game in the series).

Combat has never really been Fallout's strength. A lot of people love to complain about Bethesda "Dumbing it down" with Fallout 3, but really Fallouts 1 and 2 weren't much to write home about in that department either. Melee is clunky, ranged is a bit random, and enemies scale to your level (which I've never been a fan of). My first time through New Vegas I just rolled with Boone (or Lily) and ED-E and let them massacre everyone while I explored. I mean, I still fought stuff when I felt like it or when I had to. One of my favorite personalized little moments came at the end of the game when I accidentally did something to set Boone off and he abandoned me outside the final boss' pad and I had to go the last stretch of the journey alone. That said, the combat was more something I just did because I needed to (to survive) rather than because I much looked forward to it. This is true across all core series games, not including any spin-off titles since I haven't played them.

Fallout's strength is in presenting its world for you to explore and characters for you to meet. In Fallout, more than any other RPG franchise, I've actually been inspired to role-play a character who wasn't just me playing the game. Most of the sidequests - with a few painful exceptions - are substantive and actually have you going interesting places and doing interesting things (rather than just killing rats for their tails or whatever). I enjoyed talking with the characters and navigating negotiations between groups. I enjoyed getting jumped by some lunatic in the desert, killing him, looting his body, and selling his stuff at the general store the next town over. I enjoyed picking my faction (House, in this case), then going on the Internet and arguing with strangers over what was best for the Mojave. I felt bad when Boone left me and I liked that I felt bad about it. I felt like scum when I was low on supplies and saw a group of Legionaries making a B-line towards a trader's caravan. I didn't warn anybody. They killed each other down to the last man and I rifled through their stuff for bullets, bottle caps, and bread because I needed something to get me to the next town.

Completely tangentially, in Fallout 2 I ran into some slavers. One of your companions in that game talks about losing his sister to slavers, so I decided I hated slavers and would kill every one I came across. When I did I left two bottle caps in each of their inventories - you know, like coins over the eyes. Near the end of the game I stormed the headquarters of the biggest band of slavers in the land and killed every one of them, leaving a small fortune of bottle caps in my wake. I usually don't do in-character stuff like that, but Fallout just gets me in that sorta mood.

Anyway, yeah, I recommend New Vegas. Combat is meh but the rest is great.

Parallax posted:

Honestly I agree with you about all this, even if I like Fallout 3 and haven't played the first two. I think that's a big problem with how that game was made, though. They knew most people hadn't played a Fallout game before, and yet they made a sequel marketed at a bigger audience anyway. How would you feel if they just called that game Fallout, or if they had just made their own continuity?
Honestly, I'm not sure. It seems like such a simple question, but I don't feel like I have an answer.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 10, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Allarion posted:

Time to watch Symphogear GX. I'm excited.

post your reaction to the first scene tiy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I hope the tall girl's confession goes well for her! She's cute

• Locked thread