Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I have never played SOMA, but are matt and pat doing what they usually do and loving themselves out of a good ending by killing every friendly NPC just because they can? because if so, I'm just gonna stop right here.

Also, gently caress the LiS writers, what a wasted ending to a legitimately interesting game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shindragon posted:

They are going to keep delaying if you keep harping on it. :colbert:

So shad up.

edit: Going with the belief that you have posting powers. :v:

Oh no I'm the real toxic relationship.

Al-Saqr posted:

I have never played SOMA, but are matt and part doing what they usually do and loving themselves out of a good ending by killing every friendly NPC just because they can? because if so, I'm just gonna stop right here.

Nah, there's only one ending.

Soma is a really, really great game atmosphere wise but will warn you that it ends SUPER abruptly to me. Like it ends at a logical point but it comes a lot sooner then you expect so if that bothers you then that's one reason to stop watchin. I assume this is the 10 episode LP that was mentioned though?

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 10, 2015

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The Undertale drought ends tonight. Next ep is gonna get crazy

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahaha Liam is such a shitdick. The only runback on LiS would be if it wound up being all a work and Liam looks into a mirror, sees Warren, gets mad and punches it and runs off to fight Solid Snake in Outer Heaven.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
just a random thought now that the MGSV is probably gonna be over in a handful of episodes at this point. I wonder if Liam and Pat are going to watch the Mission 51 cutscene that was on the special edition disk.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ruggington posted:

he can now safely play sf5 with the threat of gigantic asses eradicated

what

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Podcast is out and- :stare: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7Bl8dYRJc :nws:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

It's fine though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's more not okay than okay

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Nope. Not Okay.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was laughing until the last second or so! drat you Liam! :gonk:

It's Criminal Girls all over again!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dungeon travelers 2 is a good game that is actively made worse by whoring itself out

i would've liked a no graphics mode in the game to be honest, or just a generic graphics mode

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
That started out on the "eeeehhhhhh" end of Not Okay, then Liam pulled up that last image and it slammed so hard into Maximum Not Okay that the vibrations tripped the You're Going To Prison Alarm.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I feel like I'm on a watch list just for that last second.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Depths posted:

http://imgur.com/a/ausmw
:v: they had a panel at some rinky dink rear end con

Woah pat looks cool

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Liam may have really lovely opinions people get mad over but that's only so he can lull you into a false sense of security and traps like this.
They panned the camera up 10 degrees on R.Mika's super so her butt is offscreen.
The worst offense though is she no longer leg splits the opponent. That looked so painful by comparison (and also helped make the reference to the Kinniku Buster).

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 10, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I going to have to skip time stamp time to avoid another Liam censorship rant?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait the podcast has time stamps?

Also oh no Swery65 is sick?! No wonder there's been zero news on D4. I hope it's nothing major and he recovers.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
japan's secretly trying to suppress america's rear end worship

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

They panned the camera up 10 degrees on R.Mika's super so her butt is offscreen.
The worst offense though is she no longer leg splits the opponent. That looked so painful by comparison (and also helped make the reference to the Kinniku Buster).

Aww, I was hoping it was a costume redesign or something major.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Swery please don't get rear end cancer or something, we need you :ohdear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel that uploading that podcast video may have been in...poor judgement

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

HGH posted:

Also oh no Swery65 is sick?! No wonder there's been zero news on D4. I hope it's nothing major and he recovers.
He says he has reactive hypoglycemia, which from the sounds of things is basically treated by dietary changes. Not the end of the world, but certainly not something pleasant to deal with alongside an intense work schedule.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry, feed him some Clam Chowdah and he'll be fine

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Al-Saqr posted:

I have never played SOMA, but are matt and pat doing what they usually do and loving themselves out of a good ending by killing every friendly NPC just because they can? because if so, I'm just gonna stop right here.

Also, gently caress the LiS writers, what a wasted ending to a legitimately interesting game.

I watched the other ending and I think it feels like a better wrap up to everything, like it's the ending the devs had in mind but they had to throw in the other one for the Liams of the world. The binary somebody-has-to-die choice was a little simplistic, but that's video games I guess.

I guess we'll see what happens since they just announced season 2. Hoping for the adventures of hawt dog man.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Baal posted:

Don't worry, feed him some Clam Chowdah and he'll be fine
I just realized this but D4 really needed a cameo by the Sinner's Sandwich.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Picking Chloe is the equivalent of throwing namatama into the tv and letting nanako die. For those complaining about the lp ending, did you watch other ending?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I literally didn't give a flying gently caress what I chose by the ending of LiS because the last episode soured me on the game so much since they very clearly we're going to end it in the most boring way conceivable.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tae posted:

Picking Chloe is the equivalent of throwing namatama into the tv and letting nanako die. For those complaining about the lp ending, did you watch other ending?

I have no idea what any of that means, but I did. It kind of makes me wonder how they're going to do a sequel that can account for either outcome, unless one ending is just going to become canon or they start off with another group of characters.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He's referencing the bad ending in Persona 4.
They said if they're making a sequel it'll be about someone new getting time powers.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I don't think the ending with sacrificing Chloe is bad. I see Max's powers as a gift as a chance to let two old friends reunite and bond over a week which they never would have had, and maybe redeeming Chloe's soul/spirit/whatever from being a selfish brat that wanted to glass Arcadia Bay to being someone who would sacrifice herself to save it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Arcadia Bay sucked and is better off being smoking rubble.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie talking about frame data is like Eve players talking about isk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hubris.height posted:

dungeon travelers 2 is a good game that is actively made worse by whoring itself out

i would've liked a no graphics mode in the game to be honest, or just a generic graphics mode

You know what, when a game looks like that I'm fine with daying that it isn't a good game

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Kinda like that ending though cus gently caress the bay

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think the thing that really grates on me about choosing to sacrifice the town for Chloe is that there is no reason that Max, the character, would do it. Regardless of the player's intentions, the whole story has been leading up to Max realizing that she really, really can't save Chloe and the final episode tries so hard to reinforce that it may not even be the right thing to do (it's not). Even Chloe is like "welp time for me to die" in the end sequence. It feels disingenuous to me to give the player that choice with a single button prompt because you can instantly make it so that nothing from episodes 1 to 4 even mattered, even moreso than the ending itself already does in how it plays out. The only reason the player even has the option is because the ending needed to be a binary choice so the player's input would feel necessary in the endgame and that sucks.

edit: And what bothers me too is that it's ALMOST good. The framing of the wide shot of Chloe and Max embracing as the tornado destroys the town is really well done and the tone of the ending is as somber as it needs to be for what happens in it (until Max's cheeky smile right at the end wtf). The presentation is fine but everything around it is crap.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 10, 2015

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Someone fill me in on this "dahaka" thing please

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In Prince of Persia Warrior Within there is a creature that hunts down people who commit time crimes named the Dahaka. The Prince committed said time crimes by using the dagger of time to rewind and slow down time from PoP Sands of Time and the focus of the game is to escape from him because he is unstoppable.

Unless you have a sword made of water

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And then Godsmack plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This long conversation about KoF and context is really loving painful considering Liam did the exact same poo poo with Fire Emblem uniroincally