Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Knorth posted:

I hope the tall girl's confession goes well for her! She's cute

She looks more vertically stretched out than tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

She looks more vertically stretched out than tall

:(

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not reading that one but I'm glad something finally happened for those who are.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Motto posted:

post your reaction to the first scene tiy

I take it it all in stride now at this point but that was pretty ridiculous.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best part of the opening scene was chris and tsubasa's flirting

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In honour of my new av I'm going to watch some Gintama.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

the best part of the opening scene was chris and tsubasa's flirting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the double-fun thing about gx is that by that point tsubasa is like 20 and maria is 22

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huh. Crunchyroll translated that one differently. I liked Chris being smug as poo poo and standing rock steady on her rocket in that scene.

Chris best Symphogear.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the poster that bragged about his 160 IQ in the no game no life thread and how other people that aren't as smart as him might not be able to enjoy the show shows us a glimpse of his relationship skills

Clarste posted:

Eh, while it's interesting to see one of these LN couples actually becoming a couple, I think Asterisk's tsundere redhead is more tolerable because she doesn't freak out over everything for no reason. It feels more like a relationship of respect, as opposed to "wow, he's so cool and handsome and sexy and I'm so glad he's my boyfriend!" Perhaps it helps that the Asterisk dude is actually significantly less cool?

Actually, given how much of Chivalry seems to be told from the redhead's perspective (seriously, we're inside her head like 70% of the time), it has this strange, almost shoujo feeling where it's about the girl who landed the biggest hunk in school but oh no he has a tragic past that she needs to help him work through. It feels more like he's the prize to be won, if that makes any sense.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How many people are even aware of their IQs?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh no! This is completely adorable! I never knew!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Knorth posted:

Oh no! This is completely adorable! I never knew!

oh yes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

the poster that bragged about his 160 IQ in the no game no life thread and how other people that aren't as smart as him might not be able to enjoy the show shows us a glimpse of his relationship skills

he translates the touhou comics i read so i will never insult him

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

according to the free online test i took when i was 14, my iq is 140.

heh, beat that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

heh, beat that

140 at 14.... does that mean your IQ = 10 * Age????

Then my IQ is 270 you fucker.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I took what I assume to be an actual IQ test given it was done by the school back in like fourth grade, but I don't remember the result so I must not be very smart.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Cake Attack posted:

heh, beat that
RIP Takeo: The Ride Never Ends Edition.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

Huh. Crunchyroll translated that one differently. I liked Chris being smug as poo poo and standing rock steady on her rocket in that scene.

Chris best Symphogear.

Huh, so they did. I've been going with fansubs since I heard they didn't translate the songs in the first 2 seasons.

Also I'm glad the OVAs were canon and everyone does indeed have a key to Chris's apartment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

what's wrong with that post

having watched a little of both shows it's kind of accurate

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

someone more eloquent than me describe to littleorv why he shouldnt read hajime no ippo

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

you can tell that guys never been in a relationship because someone thinking "wow, he's so cool and handsome and sexy and I'm so glad he's my boyfriend!" somehow sounds like a bad thing to him

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Stairmaster posted:

someone more eloquent than me describe to littleorv why he shouldnt read hajime no ippo
REMEMBER THE BASICS KID.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to do it guys.

I'm going to start living after a month of being dead.

I'm going to watch anime again.

Also there's this fight going on outside that I can hear. I think someone scratched someone else's car.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

okay: littleorv, read hajime no ippo because stair doesn't like it so its probably pretty good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

you can tell that guys never been in a relationship because someone thinking "wow, he's so cool and handsome and sexy and I'm so glad he's my boyfriend!" somehow sounds like a bad thing to him
i mean if the girl is endlessly praising the guy without getting anything in return it's a bad relationship, yeah

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Stairmaster posted:

It's been going 30 years and Ippo has not undergone any sort of character development and at this point the author is incapable of writing a boxing match that isn't "Ippo gets the poo poo kicked out of him and then magically comes back to win"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hajime no hippo

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

i mean if the girl is endlessly praising the guy without getting anything in return it's a bad relationship, yeah
no one said that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

no one said that
i think you just dislike the guy with the 160 iq

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

hes saying dating someone because you think they're cool and sexy is bad

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also Chris still has the best songs.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I am, because I've had to take a few legit ones for mental health reasons.

If nothing else I can see the breakdowns from the IQ test being helpful, so you can know what your strengths and weaknesses are.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i didnt really get that impression from the post but im not reading the thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

i wouldnt know haha

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

forums vendettas

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, it's been a while since I've read the first few chapters of One Punch Man. They're so good.

People died a lot more often early on though. Which sorta stands out in comparison to the more recent chapters where people just get sent to hospitals and only monsters get offed.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can't believe Stair came in here to tell people to tell me not to watch hajime no Ippo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

littleorv posted:

I can't believe Stair came in here to tell people to tell me not to watch hajime no Ippo

i can

• Locked thread