Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Kenny Omega is just a huge nerd about Japan in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxP4wMl_SQ

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

All this Kenny Omega vs Haruka talk, and nobody is mentioning that he also had a blood feud with Yoshihiko, (a mannequin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-I9UYkIibk

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Kenny Omega is what we wish we had instead of Dolph Ziggler

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

All this Kenny Omega vs Haruka talk, and nobody is mentioning that he also had a blood feud with Yoshihiko, (a mannequin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-I9UYkIibk

Hell yeah

https://youtu.be/ZxvUa5zLuO4

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Sionistic posted:

He was signed for a bit to Deep South, but asked for his release because he hated DeMott/the environment/the pay. At least I think that's the story.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Kenny is my spirit animal and his Bullet persona is great too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sionistic posted:

Dolph ziggler is really good he's just an idiot. Like if he was around in 90s wwf he'd be getting rave reviews and he'd be one of the more well behaved and intelligent guys around comparatively

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, internet:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Such a lust for scoopz that they made The Boss leave.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've been sending her like 20 messages a day for a while now so I probably had something to do with that. Sorry fellas :(

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
So how long until the business makes her give up on her dreams like Punk and AJ?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Someone on Tumblr being dramatic. More at 11.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Goddamn SJWs and their pc bullshit *shakes fist in impotent rage*

Electric Lady posted:

So how long until the business makes her give up on her dreams like Punk and AJ?

When she loses the title to Nikki Bella. In two minutes. Via twin magic/roll up/hairspray to eyes or all three.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
THE SCOOP: one of my friends posted a joke, Sasha reposted it, dirtsheets reported on it as Sasha being seriously discontent with Vince Mcmahon not liking her and turned it into a big deal on social media, which apparently got media relations dep't on her rear end.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Rovert who is the WWE Twitter cop?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

we'll know when ADR punches him again.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

what was the joke

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

LvK posted:

THE SCOOP: one of my friends posted a joke, Sasha reposted it, dirtsheets reported on it as Sasha being seriously discontent with Vince Mcmahon not liking her and turned it into a big deal on social media, which apparently got media relations dep't on her rear end.

Tell your friend to watch out because the big dog is on his rear end *cocks fist* believe that

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

LvK posted:

Ah yes, the same thing that happened with Havok.

WWE doesn't understand RTs or Re-post Apps, kids. Just fave it and move along.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Gerry Briscoe. For real.

Sasha's Tumblr did the rounds on the newzsites the last few days.

Her Tumblr was great 12-18 months ago when she would shade Charlotte endlessly when they were on the outs with each other.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cory Lidle posted:

yeah totally the same thing

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

WWE doesn't understand RTs or Re-post Apps, kids. Just fave it and move along.

Havok's the one who kept making racist jokes, right?

I don't think it's the same thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Gerry Briscoe. For real.

wait, the same guy that tweeted me to gently caress off because I laughed at how bad Wes Briscoe is?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

wait, the same guy that tweeted me to gently caress off because I laughed at how bad Wes Briscoe is?

Yep.

I know he blocks everyone who is critical of Wes but I didn't know he posted abuse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Yep.

I know he blocks everyone who is critical of Wes but I didn't know he posted abuse.

he deleted it, blocked me, and then posted one of those turn the other cheek bible quotes.

and tbf to Wes Briscoe, that really was a match no one looked good in. He's still bad and looks like a failed heavy metal bassist turn incompetent barista, though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hoping that Gerry Briscoe reads my John Cena x JJBA headcanons and hires me to creative.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Havok's the one who kept making racist jokes, right?

I don't think it's the same thing.
The one that wasn't fabricated by weirdos was a manual RT of a black friend making a comment about other blacks. Several of the "screenshot tweets" were made up and, like Sasha, the newzsites just took them and posted them. Others have followed it more closely than I have, but some of the fake ones are really stupid and I'm not sure why people bought in.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Gerry Briscoe. For real.

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That stooge Brisco is going to protect Mr Mac Mann from bad tweets.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Wait, Gerry Briscoe as in Old rear end Man Gerry Briscoe is their social media watchdog?

This company is amazing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

Wait, Gerry Briscoe as in Old rear end Man Gerry Briscoe is their social media watchdog?

This company is amazing.

Gerry is a legit badass. He has had three strokes and he's still really active in everything. Especially recruiting from Colleges.

Lots of people in NXT pay attention but Gerry is who I've heard about the most. William Regal "famously" told off Prince Devitt for a in character anti-Japanese xenophobic tweet via a DM which Regal accidentally sent as a tweet.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Regal is really active in everything from what I hear and he really seems to be awesome in the role. I'm really glad he found this post-wrestling.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You'd have to be a giant idiot to want to be a wrestler and not listen to everything William Regal said.

Josh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

Regal is really active in everything from what I hear and he really seems to be awesome in the role. I'm really glad he found this post-wrestling.

He has always, always known who was touring Japan at any given time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just wish we'd seen Regal, WWE champion. IIRC it looked like it was gonna happen around when he got busted for wellness.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

He has always, always known who was touring Japan at any given time.
I remember DH Smith asked Regal advice on how to succeed in wrestling. Regal advised he not sign with WWE straightaway and do Japan tours and wrestle in a bunch of countries in a bunch of styles to make himself the best rounded vet he could be.

And then he signed straightaway with WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

I remember DH Smith asked Regal advice on how to succeed in wrestling. Regal advised he not sign with WWE straightaway and do Japan tours and wrestle in a bunch of countris in a bunch of styles to make himself the best rounded vet he could be.

And then he signed straightaway with WWE.

Well, he learned the hard way, and Regal will tell you sometimes that's how we learn best. David's doing okay at least.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know why it stuck with me, but one of the most endearing things I remember hearing from Regal was on a podcast (I think Austin's) when he pointed out that people can praise him all they want, and he HAS put in a ton of hard work, but he can never forget that pretty much what got him a lot of opportunities was the fact he is tall. He knows that he lucked out in that regard and it keeps him somewhat grounded, because there are plenty of people with just as much talent who worked just as hard who never got the opportunities he had because they were half a foot shorter.

I just found it refreshing I guess v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know why it stuck with me, but one of the most endearing things I remember hearing from Regal was on a podcast (I think Austin's) when he pointed out that people can praise him all they want, and he HAS put in a ton of hard work, but he can never forget that pretty much what got him a lot of opportunities was the fact he is tall. He knows that he lucked out in that regard and it keeps him somewhat grounded, because there are plenty of people with just as much talent who worked just as hard who never got the opportunities he had because they were half a foot shorter.

I just found it refreshing I guess v:shobon:v

Regal is a wrestler's wrestler and I feel one of the reasons for that is it feels like he never had a period where he was bigheaded. The man understands humility, and it's what makes him a great promo, too. Just look at his promo before his showdown with Cesaro. It's a masterclass in evoking all kinds of emotions in a short, 80 second promo.