Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Close enough to finishing my Sith Warrior's story that it's time to think about alts. I'm feeling female Bounty Hunter. What are the pros/cons of Merc and Powertech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadiiw
Apr 22, 2010
Thinking about coming back to this game and leveling up a assassin, whats the best spec for leveling them?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Sith Inquisitor storyline may have spoiled me on the rest of the game because that end of end-of-act-one plot twist was incredible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Pierson posted:

The Sith Inquisitor storyline may have spoiled me on the rest of the game because that end of end-of-act-one plot twist was incredible.

Wait until you play IA. :shepface:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Medullah posted:

I was really hoping they'd go back to the way that it was in the beginning, with flashpoints dropping lower tier set bonus gear. It would be great if you could get a starter set of set gear doing flashpoints and the better stuff raiding. That would actually motivate me to do flashpoints, which are pointless at the moment other than decorations and just general dickery.

As best as I can remember, back when WoW introduced a similar currency system, it was more as a band-aid for people not getting the drops they wanted, and not the preferred way to gear up.

There were a few dailies you could do that would reward one or two points, or you could just run dungeons, and get something like 20 dungeon points per run, and something like one or two of the raid level currency. Plus a chance for better gear than what the vendors sold. So it encouraged people to run dungeons. And even if people didn't get the specific item they wanted, they would still get an upgrade to replace some leveling green if the RNG screwed them after a few dungeons.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Re: The Jedi as represented in the prequels.
I think it's bullshit too and the Jedi are walking on a thin line due to all the weird and hosed up rules and laws they have. While the old EU regarding Jedi are probably inspired by how they were represented in the prequel movies, it has also spawned a lot of analyses and the thought that the Jedi as in the prequel are corrupted by their own ideals and their own laws. But here comes the new EU, same as the old EU, as the reason why the Jedi were blind to a literal Darth in their presence is because their temple was built upon an ancient Sith artifact / tomb or something :v:

So the Jedi were the really good guys all along, people. They were just blinded by a Sith artifact in their temple!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Just a reminder that Rakghouls have apparently invaded Alderaan yet again. And for those of you working through Alliance recruit missions if you haven't been giving Lokin Biochem and Diplomacy mats, you'd better start because his final mission is done this week. I believe you have to recruit Qyzen first in order to unlock Lokin, but not 100% on that

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Just a reminder that Rakghouls have apparently invaded Alderaan yet again. And for those of you working through Alliance recruit missions if you haven't been giving Lokin Biochem and Diplomacy mats, you'd better start because his final mission is done this week. I believe you have to recruit Qyzen first in order to unlock Lokin, but not 100% on that

You just have to start the previous companion's recruitment quest to unlock your spoiler person. No need to finish it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

You just have to start the previous companion's recruitment quest to unlock your spoiler person. No need to finish it.

Well, you should finish it anyways as the Outlander is a Pokémon master who must catch them all.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well, you should finish it anyways as the Outlander is a Pokémon master who must catch them all.

Too true.

E:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Really? I've started that quest but I don't have the option to start the next one, I'd assumed you have to finish it

Also what exactly do you need for lokin from the rakghoul quest? Can I just stockpile it now so that when I do get around to doing that quest, I'll have the items ready to go?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So it seems like they removed a bunch of quests in the KOTFE patch? I'm on Dromund Kaas and I couldn't pick up the quest to get the turret schematics or steal the research in Grathans compound. Were these straight up removed or just moved? Do the other quests give more exp (as F2P) to compensate?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Really? I've started that quest but I don't have the option to start the next one, I'd assumed you have to finish it

Also what exactly do you need for lokin from the rakghoul quest? Can I just stockpile it now so that when I do get around to doing that quest, I'll have the items ready to go?

There are two phases. One requires you giving him a bunch of Biochem and Diplomacy mats. This phase can be skipped if you are an agent. The second phase can only be done during the Rakghoul event, you have to deploy probes in the tunnels

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Too true.

E:

My god I never noticed the Death Star is just a giant pokeball.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

There are two phases. One requires you giving him a bunch of Biochem and Diplomacy mats. This phase can be skipped if you are an agent. The second phase can only be done during the Rakghoul event, you have to deploy probes in the tunnels

poo poo. looks like I'm not getting lokin any time soon! Is there a fast way to do qyzen's quest other than begging goons to help me kill world bosses?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Just finished the Doctor Lokin Alliance quest. There's no companion after him :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Verranicus posted:

So it seems like they removed a bunch of quests in the KOTFE patch? I'm on Dromund Kaas and I couldn't pick up the quest to get the turret schematics or steal the research in Grathans compound. Were these straight up removed or just moved? Do the other quests give more exp (as F2P) to compensate?
The two purple quest lines should give you enough to level to the Next planet without going over. Several quests were flagged "exploration" and only show up if you've clicked the check box on the world map.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Three actually. There's another step after the event locked one...

The fun part is that that 3rd step is bugged. The item you need to click is unclickable (at least it was for me) unless you do a logout/login.

Now I have that dude and he's sitting naked in my SH due to some weird bug not displaying his outfit. :eng99:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

poo poo. looks like I'm not getting lokin any time soon! Is there a fast way to do qyzen's quest other than begging goons to help me kill world bosses?

Kill 20 jagannath worthy targets on Hoth. There's a fair concentration of them at Highmount ridge. World bosses are way faster.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
so i used a random referal in here and got my 7 days free. Is the free expansion with sub thing still going on or did i miss it, my warrior seems capped at 55. (i bought RothC like forever ago)
i feel like i remember reading some poo poo about expansion being free for subs.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Hulk Smash! posted:

Three actually. There's another step after the event locked one...

The fun part is that that 3rd step is bugged. The item you need to click is unclickable (at least it was for me) unless you do a logout/login.

Now I have that dude and he's sitting naked in my SH due to some weird bug not displaying his outfit. :eng99:

I had to rotate my camera so it was beneath the edge of the sarlaac pit and I was able to click it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FordPRefectLL posted:

I had to rotate my camera so it was beneath the edge of the sarlaac pit and I was able to click it.

Tried that but no dice for me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm not sure if PVP is more interesting when the enemy team ignores me, or when they all decide to dogpile me. I take it as a point of pride with my healing skills either way. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Honestly every day I've been on there's been groups forming on the fleet for world boss killing. They're pugs, but oh well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey, EV is the Hard Mode of the week. We should run that a bunch of times.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Oh hey, EV is the Hard Mode of the week. We should run that a bunch of times.

Next month will be the four year anniversary of SWTOR, and here we are running Eternity Vault for top tier endgame gear. :sigh:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Next month will be the four year anniversary of SWTOR, and here we are running Eternity Vault for top tier endgame gear. :sigh:

It's like poetry, it rhymes

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, Skadge is a complete piece of poo poo isn't he.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

poptart_fairy posted:

Yes. Yes he is.

Buy the Dromund Kaas stronghold and the balcony, and let him stand outside in the rain.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

poptart_fairy posted:

I was genuinely angry that there was no way to tell him to gently caress off at the end of Belsavis. :mad:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are the level 60 tokens like the WoW character tokens and it gives you a bunch of basic level 60 gear, or does it just dump you into the world naked and you need to rely on your main to get them into some threads? Still liking the stories a lot but maybe not enough to have to do a bunch of non-storyline quests every time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

prefect posted:

I was genuinely angry that there was no way to tell him to gently caress off at the end of Belsavis. :mad:

Well, that's the best part.

There is. But then you have no choice but to back down.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

poptart_fairy posted:

Hrmm...

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Sigh, customer service is kind of useless isn't it?

First I did a dumb mistake and accidentally purchased a stronghold using cartel coins instead of credits. I had disabled the confirmation dialogue since the majority of cartel market purchases go through the claim window where you can just cancel a mistake. But strongholds don't have that, so there went 2500 CC down the shitter. Contact customer service asking if they could refund it (I haven't even stepped in the drat stronghold once, let alone decorate it) but nope, no refunds on cartel market purchases. Contacted them again saying they should at least try to address this UX disparity, they just replied with the "we cannot refund purchases" form letter.

Then the patch happened and no, I was not aware that it would reset quests because not everyone reads advance patch notes, Bioware, what the gently caress? Had my HK-51 quest reset and lost the 125k purchased part. No biggie, I just rescanned from scratch and rebought the part but still contacted customer service to see if they could at least credit this. Nope, "you were warned (after the act!) and sorry we cannot reset a mission". I'm not asking for a mission reset assholes, just a tiny credit!

And now here's the best part, I logged my agent for the first time after the patch only to find that Vector isn't in my contact list anymore. My mission requires Vector in order to progress. Contact CS again, "sorry we can't do poo poo, please file a bug report". Yeah, I knew.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pierson posted:

Are the level 60 tokens like the WoW character tokens and it gives you a bunch of basic level 60 gear, or does it just dump you into the world naked and you need to rely on your main to get them into some threads? Still liking the stories a lot but maybe not enough to have to do a bunch of non-storyline quests every time.

You get a suit of gear. I think it's like, 190, 186 or so? It's perfectly adequate for doing what you need to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jan posted:

Sigh, customer service is kind of useless isn't it?

First I did a dumb mistake and accidentally purchased a stronghold using cartel coins instead of credits. I had disabled the confirmation dialogue since the majority of cartel market purchases go through the claim window where you can just cancel a mistake. But strongholds don't have that, so there went 2500 CC down the shitter. Contact customer service asking if they could refund it (I haven't even stepped in the drat stronghold once, let alone decorate it) but nope, no refunds on cartel market purchases. Contacted them again saying they should at least try to address this UX disparity, they just replied with the "we cannot refund purchases" form letter.

Then the patch happened and no, I was not aware that it would reset quests because not everyone reads advance patch notes, Bioware, what the gently caress? Had my HK-51 quest reset and lost the 125k purchased part. No biggie, I just rescanned from scratch and rebought the part but still contacted customer service to see if they could at least credit this. Nope, "you were warned (after the act!) and sorry we cannot reset a mission". I'm not asking for a mission reset assholes, just a tiny credit!

And now here's the best part, I logged my agent for the first time after the patch only to find that Vector isn't in my contact list anymore. My mission requires Vector in order to progress. Contact CS again, "sorry we can't do poo poo, please file a bug report". Yeah, I knew.

Well on the plus side, strongholds that you buy with cartel coins can always be reactivated for free if you deactivate it to buy another. :)

*whistles 'always look on the bright side of life'*

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

You get a suit of gear. I think it's like, 190, 186 or so? It's perfectly adequate for doing what you need to do.

178 bind to legacy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Cheers guys. And is the 44% discount on 60 tokens likely to go away soon?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

:bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Verranicus posted:

They're not gone, they just made all of the more "collect 50 bear asses" quests with minimal story content completely invisible unless you check the Explorable Missions check box on the map screen. Probably to make the experience overall more palatable to new players.

The levelling rate is Ludicrous Speed so those Explorable Missions are completely and utterly worthless just about.

• Locked thread