Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Chard posted:

I had to read this like three times before my brain stopped seeing "German farting simulator". It just seems more likely I guess :shrug:

Deutsch ovens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Crow Jane posted:

Deutsch ovens.

<:mad:>

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

they started cutting it and just gave up

I mean

they saw the box, they knew what they were getting into on every conceivable level, but

something about the finished product just broke them

why is there what appears to be a second slice of S'MORES INDOORS PIZZA in the corner

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Pastry of the Year posted:

they started cutting it and just gave up

I mean

they saw the box, they knew what they were getting into on every conceivable level, but

something about the finished product just broke them

why is there what appears to be a second slice of S'MORES INDOORS PIZZA in the corner

It regenerates as fast as they can cut off pieces.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

tribbledirigible posted:

It regenerates as fast as they can cut off pieces.

Slime mold pizza.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

cash crab posted:

Result: still no pizza rules, but there are some issues with certain pizzas that could, to the untrained connoisseur, be interpreted as "rules" (which there are none)

Wait... What the gently caress did they put in it to make it spicy? How do you ruin graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate?

:jerry:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mmm, sriracha s'more pizza

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that must be a factory mixup

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
It's guy fieri.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of person buys something because guy fieri's name is on it

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pomp posted:

what kind of person buys something because guy fieri's name is on it

Hi

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Choose life. :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
There's a wonderful, hundred year old, family-owned Italian deli/market here that was on Guy Fieri's show a few years back, despite being neither a diner, a drive-in, or a dive. Seeing pictures of his dumb face around an awesome place like that makes me sad, but I'm sure the publicity was good for them.

That said, that pizza looks like someone jizzed on a melted record.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Distorted Kiwi posted:

For your consideration: Swedish Kebab Pizza.

I know, no rules etc. Probably delicious. Looks like...

...that.

:sweden:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Crow Jane posted:

That said, that pizza looks like someone jizzed on a melted record.

How disturbingly accurate.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Of all the things you may have ever said, this is the one that disappoints me the most.

E: and I thought you might not just be a gimmick. :(

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This all looks awesome except the bread to not-bread ratio is way off. Double the toppings and we'll talk.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
Sushi burritos are, for my money, the worst things Americans have done with sushi.

would again

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Mottsareala...

Isn't that Cash Crab's Italian cousin?

Last time I heard, they're really CHEESY. :downsrim:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Sushi burritos are, for my money, the worst things Americans have done with sushi.

would again

That's...basically temaki.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What was plan A? :psyduck:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Xoidanor posted:

What was plan A? :psyduck:

Egg on toast?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Sous vide eggs on toast are maybe the best thing you can do with eggs.

But its impossible to make it look not like an alien took a mucousy poo poo on your breakfast so its the last thing I'd ever publish on the internet, let alone on a paper plate with the shell next to it for some reason.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Is that a sous vide egg? Looks like a regular boiled one to me. The white seem to be far too firm for it to be sous vide.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You can hard-boil with sous vide too (and avoid the green ring around the yolk).

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Subjunctive posted:

You can hard-boil with sous vide too (and avoid the green ring around the yolk).

Well, you can, but it kind of deafeats the purpouse usually. I mean I kan hardboil an egg just fine on the stove without getting any green rings. Temping to exactly 63 degrees or whatever is a bit trickier.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like trying to aim for a perfect boiled egg is missing the point of boiling an egg. If you want it perfect then you poach it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, the point of the immersion bath is that you don't boil it.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Which, of course, can be used to make an egg to a temperature where it's perfectly harboiled, but it's really mostly used when you want to to achieve a light creamy yolk and a creamy but cooked white, usually between 63 - 65 degrees centigrade, I think.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

DekeThornton posted:

Is that a sous vide egg? Looks like a regular boiled one to me. The white seem to be far too firm for it to be sous vide.
I aim for a temp that sets the whites to make it slightly less of a pain to spread and it comes out similar to that, but I guess I was mainly operating on the assumption that the only reason someone would brag about that picture is as vindication for making an egg with a $200 cooking toy.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DicktheCat posted:

Of all the things you may have ever said, this is the one that disappoints me the most.

E: and I thought you might not just be a gimmick. :(

So I'm a gimmick because I find an over the top dude hilarious?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Unfinished sous vide pics could feed this thread for a while. I don't have any hot leads on a source though it took a few minutes on google to find this looker:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Xoidanor posted:

I feel like trying to aim for a perfect boiled egg is missing the point of boiling an egg. If you want it perfect then you poach it.

Or you pressure cook them (makes it easier to peel too) http://www.hippressurecooking.com/cracked-soft-medium-and-hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-pressure-cooker/

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

That looks pretty great though. :confused:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This looks like pide.

YUM YUM

zedprime posted:

Unfinished sous vide pics could feed this thread for a while. I don't have any hot leads on a source though it took a few minutes on google to find this looker:

:gonk: Please don't feed me that

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zedprime posted:

Are they cutting it on a drift wood cutting board?! The hell is up with all those pock marks? Salmonella pits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are they cutting it on a drift wood cutting board?! The hell is up with all those pock marks? Salmonella pits?

Bamboo.

• Locked thread