Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Any book about afghanistan or iraq should be like

"then the army came and loving ruined everything, the end"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
I've been out of army for a year and a couple months.

poo poo's tight.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Any book about afghanistan or iraq should be like

"then the army came and loving ruined everything, the end"

I read one about an SF dude who was super into sucking his own dick for 120 pages. Roughneck 91 is the name. You can tell the dude wanted to make a Hollywood movie.

It was pretty entertaining.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
We wont have a really good book on Iraq or Afghanistan and what the gently caress happened over there for another 25 or so years.

When the dust has settled and you know, people can make FOIA requests.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
this is the only book you need to read about afghanistan

quote:

Young Matthias from Macedonia follows his two older brothers’ example and enrolls in Alexander’s cavalry together with his close friend Lygaios/Lucas (Λυγαίος in Greek).[2] This special convoy departs from Tripoli, Lebanon and after 125 days of marching meets the rear of Alexander's army. The hero takes part into his first battle and gets shocked by the atrocities of his adversaries and his own people as well. Noteworthy is the fact that the enemy, apart from its guerilla methods, recruits women and children to fight for their freedom.

While marching, Matthias meets Shinar, an Afghan woman who, having abandoned her own people, offers her services as carrier of the Greek army’s supplies. Nanguali is the barbarian warrior’s code; its three elements are: honour, revenge and hospitality. Their women’s honour, if blackened, could be redeemed (turn back into white) only by death. Matthias stands up to Baz, Shinar’s brother, but fails to reach a compromise and is deceived by Baz, who in the end kills his sister and her baby.

At the end of the story, Matthias is left with nothing – he has lost his family, friends, health and hope. Instead of returning home (his wife and son having been killed) as initially planned and having nothing to lose, he decides to follow the Greek army in its way to India.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This has been my recent reading.

One of these days, He'll be mine.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:jackbud:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Medboard process is underway still, and just got done with the first meeting with the VA :woop:

Also command is super big into sending me to WTU :woop:

And of course, we are the only unit that is only taking Vet's day off, everyone else is getting a day in conjunction with. :destiny:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Congratulations

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

You know what to do

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Look at Alabama to see how well reconstruction works and how easy it is to change a backwards culture of bigotry and corruption.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Great job!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So APPARENTLY some loving kid is trying to throw me under the bus.

On my CQ shift (sat) dude comes in at 1900 and says he needs to sign for a room, gets told that he can't sign for a room because he barracks NCO is gone. His buddy goes "well I can at least show you what it looks like." And off they go.

Dude was FTR today, claimed I told him to sleep in his car he entire weekend, and stuff. Which is bullshit naturally. I'm on the key log for the cool down rooms which had no one in them. Also, if I had said that, why didn't he call someone? Also, why didn't he say he needed a place to sleep? We thought he was part of a mass transit that was going on between 7th ID and whatever barracks that was.

That fuckin kid is gonna get wrecked.

Not out yet, but gently caress I am not gonna miss his bullshit.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Do anyone else stop and think on a daily basis:

"Holy gently caress am I glad I'm not in the army anymore" ?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Obstacle2 posted:

Add me to that list soon please

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

At least a few times a day :unsmith:

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Icon Of Sin posted:

At least a few times a day :unsmith:

I'm in my final semester of college, trying to do all my coursework, take care of a 1 year old, prepare my house to sell, apply to grad schools. And whenever I feel stressed I just think, "no first formation for me tomorrow or ever" and everything suddenly seems much easier.

EDIT: and no loving cages either.

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 10, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Obstacle2 posted:

in five months

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Obstacle2 posted:

Five times a day facing the pentagon.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Obstacle2 posted:

All day errday.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Teflon Don posted:

Five times a day facing the pentagon.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Obstacle2 posted:

My certificate of retirement is hanging on my bedroom wall where it is the first thing I see every day.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Saw a hot civvie tank mechanic girl today. Always imagined the few female tank mechanics to be.....well, not so hot. Every other mechanic I've seen has been some old desert storm era guy.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
being in the army is so loving lame that when you see one single hot girl, you post about it.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Cole posted:

being in the army is so loving lame that when you see one single hot girl, you post about it.

She was probably a 6. Or an Army 10.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Mustang posted:

Saw a hot civvie tank mechanic girl today. Always imagined the few female tank mechanics to be.....well, not so hot. Every other mechanic I've seen has been some old desert storm era guy.

"Turret mechanic" is actually a term we used to use to refer to many of the less comely army lasses. Dunno if it's still in the lexicon.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GreenMeat posted:

My certificate of retirement is hanging on my bedroom wall where it is the first thing I see every day.

This is what victory looks like. :unsmith:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Happy free meal day guys and gals

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

thank u 4 ur cervix

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
Today, I was told that I am toxic to retention and therefore mission readiness. I'm doing my part, are you?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MrsAdiabatic posted:

Today, I was told that I am toxic to retention and therefore mission readiness. I'm doing my part, are you?

Unless you're screaming and threatening people with a bat as they walk in to the retention NCO, it's not you who is toxic to retention. How much of a mouth breathing, Koolaid drinking 20-lifer is the person that said that with apparently no hint of awareness of what the Army does all on it's own?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MrsAdiabatic posted:

uhhh i'm out

it's not active duty day

it's veterans day.

i'm doing my part by actually being a veteran.

lmao if you're still in.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

MrsAdiabatic posted:

I'm waiting to be told this.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cole posted:

uhhh i'm out

it's not active duty day

it's veterans day.

i'm doing my part by actually being a veteran.

lmao if you're still in.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I always forget that I'm a veteran until a bunch of people text me on veteran's day.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MrsAdiabatic posted:

You're doing god's work.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

SumYungGui posted:

How much of a mouth breathing, Koolaid drinking 20-lifer is the person that said that with apparently no hint of awareness of what the Army does all on it's own?

Exactly that much. E7.stereotype.db

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I'm waiting to be told this.

Work harder. The life you save may be your bro's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only thing I care about today is that the mail won't show up therefore I won't have parts in time to fix my car for work tomorrow :911:

• Locked thread