Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Hey, I just realized-
Trump is a Blonde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You all must admit that Trump knows how to pick his moments:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/08/trump-carson-said-he-suffered-from-incurable-pathological-disease/

quote:

Trump said, “It’s a lot of scrutiny, frankly, it’s a lot of statements that are under fire. I hope Ben is going to be okay with that. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens. Time will tell. But it is certainly a lot of people are asking a lot of questions all of a sudden, and, you know, it’s a little bit tough. I would say it’s not so easy on Ben. I hope frankly, it comes out great for him

When asked if he felt Carson had been honest Trump said, “I just don’t know. I’m not involved. I don’t know. It’s a lot of things. When you say hitting your mom over the head with a hammer and hitting your friend in the face with a lock — padlock. And you talk about stabbing someone and got stopped by a belt buckle. They pretty much don’t stop stabbing. They turn, twist, and things slide off them. It’s pretty lucky if that happened. Ben wrote a book and the book is a tough book. He talked about he has pathological disease. It’s a serious thing. But when you say you have pathological disease, you can’t really cure it. But he said he had pathological disease. I would assume the book was written prior to him deciding to run for office. They had pretty tough statements in the book.”

Said in a serious, "it's just so sad," utter concern trolling sort of way to appeal more to doubters in Carson's flock.

The Real Paddy has issued a correction as of 12:25 on Nov 9, 2015

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

zimboe posted:

Hey, I just realized-
Trump is a Blonde.

Technically he’s a blond.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I see him more as Mr. Blonde, but that works too.

Trump posted:

Listen Jeb, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good gently caress what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a Bush. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

OAquinas posted:

"Trump posted:

Listen Jeb, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good gently caress what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a Bush. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

:perfect:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Trumps to the left of me
Cruzs to the right
Here I am, stuck in the twitter with you

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Trumps to the left of me
Cruzs to the right
Here I am, stuck in the twitter with you

Once upon a time you polled so fine
You threw Fox News a dime in your prime, didn't you?
Pundits call say "he'll win it all, he's 6'3 tall"
You thought the base was all kiddin you
You used to laugh about
All the voters crying out
Now you don't stump so loud
Now your family don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging.. for your next millionaaaaaaaire

HOW DOES IT FEEEL?
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
TO POLL SO LOW?
LIKE A COMPLETE UNKNOWN?
LIKE A ROLLING STOOONE?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
It's pretty amazing how calm and collected this thread is compared to the ridiculous shitflinging in the respective dem threads

We happy few, we band of trump posters

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

It's pretty amazing how calm and collected this thread is compared to the ridiculous shitflinging in the respective dem threads

We happy few, we band of trump posters

I think it's because people in the Dem thread are actually taking this election cycle seriously and see the other candidate as a threat that they feel strongly about.

MEANWHILE the GOP threads is people watching wrestling -- with the billionaire TV star buffoon fighting against a brain surgeon who has fabricated half his life and would actually be the worst choice for any elected office, meanwhile Gomer Bush has a ton of money but fucks every single thing he does up. How can anyone get mad about anything that is happening with the GOP, it's like a fever dream that I'm not sure is real.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

piratepilates posted:

I think it's because people in the Dem thread are actually taking this election cycle seriously and see the other candidate as a threat that they feel strongly about.

MEANWHILE the GOP threads is people watching wrestling -- with the billionaire TV star buffoon fighting against a brain surgeon who has fabricated half his life and would actually be the worst choice for any elected office, meanwhile Gomer Bush has a ton of money but fucks every single thing he does up. How can anyone get mad about anything that is happening with the GOP, it's like a fever dream that I'm not sure is real.

Well put.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

piratepilates posted:

ive giggled a lot this cycle but i wont really start laughing until trump is debating hillary in the general

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

piratepilates posted:

Trust me, everyone primarily posting in the GOP threads will either vote Republican or not vote at all. 99 percent of spergadabaters in the DEm thread won't vote either

"Bernie in the primary, Hillary in the general" = Not Gonna loving Vote At All LoL

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

piratepilates posted:

This is extremely my poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Smoothrich posted:

Trust me, everyone primarily posting in the GOP threads will either vote Republican or not vote at all. 99 percent of spergadabaters in the DEm thread won't vote either

"Bernie in the primary, Hillary in the general" = Not Gonna loving Vote At All LoL

I even voted this year, why wouldn't I vote in 2016? :confused:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I even voted this year, why wouldn't I vote in 2016? :confused:
you aren't allowed to vote twice, told y'all there was voter fraud

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

you aren't allowed to vote twice, told y'all there was voter fraud

I don't know, I go by Dan O'Connell's maxim: vote early and vote often.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Triglav posted:

Trump has popular support, but no party endorsements. Unless that changes, it's unlikely he'll win the primary. If he doesn't win the primary, he won't be on ballots. If he's absent from too many ballots, it becomes statistically impossible for him to win the election.

And the government knows the general public are idiots. That's why presidential elections are decided by electors, not the popular vote.

Republican party support is split, with Bush currently leading and Rubio a likely competitor. Democratic party support is 97% behind Hillary.

More than 2/3 of the Republican Representatives, Senators, and Governors have not endorsed anybody (because they are cowards). Endorsements don't predict or cause anything, they reflect the prevailing wind.

I'm also confused how you expect Trump to "win the primary" before he has appeared on any primary election ballots. :confused: What do you think primaries are?

Especially since the first several deadlines to register to appear on primary ballots have already passed.

Fuschia tude has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Nov 9, 2015

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
trump should be on s3 of alpha house

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
This campaign season has been better than any reality television show I've ever watched in my life.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

OAquinas posted:

I see him more as Mr. Blonde, but that works too.

Who's Mr. Pink? I say either Cruz or Rand. Rand because he seems like the kind of jerk who refuses to tip on principle, Cruz because he's a cowardly weasel just waiting in the wings for everyone else to pick each other off.

I actually thought about this idea awhile back, before the debates began, for a cartoon titled "Reservoir GOP," but I forget who I put in each role.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Fuschia tude posted:

More than 2/3 of the Republican Representatives, Senators, and Governors have not endorsed anybody (because they are cowards). Endorsements don't predict or cause anything, they reflect the prevailing wind.

I'm also confused how you expect Trump to "win the primary" before he has appeared on any primary election ballots. :confused: What do you think primaries are?

Especially since the first several deadlines to register to appear on primary ballots have already passed.

Endorsements carry weight. It's still a crapshoot, but Bush and Rubio carry much better odds than Trump.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
There is Zero Chance of John Ellis Bush becoming the Republican candidate for POTUS in 2016 :toxx:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

The Saurus posted:

There is Zero Chance of John Ellis Bush becoming the Republican candidate for POTUS in 2016 :toxx:

Given he's legally running, that gives him a greater than zero chance. :byewhore:

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Deep Hurting posted:

Who's Mr. Pink? I say either Cruz or Rand. Rand because he seems like the kind of jerk who refuses to tip on principle, Cruz because he's a cowardly weasel just waiting in the wings for everyone else to pick each other off.

I actually thought about this idea awhile back, before the debates began, for a cartoon titled "Reservoir GOP," but I forget who I put in each role.

Jeb is the cop who gets tortured

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

piratepilates posted:

Anybody who would be sincerely interested in discussing conservative politics on here in any kind of depth was purged in 2008 and 2012, or else simply doesn't want to be probated or banned repeatedly.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

pushpins posted:

Jeb is the cop who gets tortured

That works really well for the torture scene. Alternative is Mr Orange, the Establishment agent who just lies there bleeding all over the place in agonizing pain for the duration, who you want someone to put him out of his misery.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Anybody who would be sincerely interested in discussing conservative politics on here in any kind of depth was purged in 2008 and 2012, or else simply doesn't want to be probated or banned repeatedly.

I'm kind of curious if toxxing for McCain by itself dramatically altered D&D's culture...how many of those people just didn't reregister.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

piratepilates posted:

Tell us more how :shillary: Clinton is a serious and honest person. We'll wait.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

She honestly and seriously loves money and power.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This is the internet in general.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Deep Hurting posted:

Who's Mr. Pink? I say either Cruz or Rand. Rand because he seems like the kind of jerk who refuses to tip on principle,

you got that 100% on the money. Rand is definitely the guy who makes a huge loving deal about how if the waitress wanted a job that could afford her more than a subsistence level of income then she should be a rational actor and boot-strap herself into it, and it's not his problem that she never bothered to take ownership of her future and learn a job skill that would allow her to compete in the marketplace etc. etc. etc.

kasich is mr. orange secretly trying to pull for the establishment (and JEB!) and rubio is mr. white trying to act like he's doing the right thing but really in just as deep as everyone else with his billionaire owners

walker is mr. brown getting murdered almost immediately

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Triglav posted:

She honestly and seriously loves money and power.

I don't think she really gives a poo poo about money herself. If she did, she would have left politics a long time ago, or perhaps never have gotten into politics herself in the first place.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Skeesix posted:

I don't think she really gives a poo poo about money herself. If she did, she would have left politics a long time ago, or perhaps never have gotten into politics herself in the first place.

she's a run-of-the-mill career politician that's married to a former president.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Just saw on the morning news that groups wanting a raised min wage and #blacklivesmatter

will be asking questions of the debatees tonight.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Is Trump's secret service detail reimbursed by his campaign?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

You're fired!

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

That 50 in favorability for Ben is probably mostly due to respect for his work as a neurosurgeon. Which he should really go back to being, tbh.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
We should convince the goon that made

http://onthecampaigntrail.org/

to do more for the 2016 season. Trump would just fit in so well.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Washington Post poll I mean wow seriously. That is like Pravda-levels of truthiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

We need an unskewer in here asap

• Locked thread