Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

One of my favorite things in Ezio's Assassin's Creed games are your first meetings with Bartolomeo in each, and how they match up in a way that wouldn't be funny if you weren't paying attention. I've commented on this before, but I felt like digging out the videos this time.

AC 2: Watch until 8:30
https://youtu.be/wyDw3BKWwdg?t=7m55s
Ha ha, Bianca is his sword.

Then in Brotherhood: Watch to 7:40
https://youtu.be/UrH6UMlrapw?t=7m6s

They didn't really show a flashback or anything; just expected you to remember. Always tickled me.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea AC really peaked with 2 and Ezio's story, I honestly an HD collection of those.

One of the things I liked the best in revelations was the little touches in Ezio's animations showing he was getting old especially in combat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alteisen posted:

Yea AC really peaked with 2 and Ezio's story, I honestly an HD collection of those.

One of the things I liked the best in revelations was the little touches in Ezio's animations showing he was getting old especially in combat.

Was it 2 that had the assassination multiplayer? I'm not a fan of the series but I loved the gently caress out of it with friends. Somewhat reminded me of Chaos Theory MP which, to this day, was some of the most fun and tense MP in my opinion.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inzombiac posted:

Was it 2 that had the assassination multiplayer? I'm not a fan of the series but I loved the gently caress out of it with friends. Somewhat reminded me of Chaos Theory MP which, to this day, was some of the most fun and tense MP in my opinion.

Brotherhood was the first to have multiplayer, and I loved it too :allears:. Sadly they've dropped it for 4-player co-op in Unity and cut it altogether from Syndicate.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Even though one is way more popular I'll still always read "AC" as Armored Core instead of Assassin's Creed. Better game deserves that acronym :colbert:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Quick thing about Fallout 4 before a shitton of people get in on it.

When the game is installing, they play the SPECIAL videos they put on Bethesda's YouTube channel. I only saw Strength, so it was nice seeing those cheesy little cartoons in full order. Helped pass the installation time.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite thing about AC Revelelations was that you start the game out with a fist fight with the Pope

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My favorite thing about AC Revelelations was that you start the game out with a fist fight with the Pope

Wasn't Revelations the one set in the Ottoman empire? I thought Brotherhood was the one immediately after 2 (which has said fistfight as the final boss :allears:).

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Yeah, it's 2 and Brotherhood opens with it. It's actually not a good boss fight at all but it rightfully gets a free pass because of the whole 'punch the pope out' thing.

Kind of want to get back into rear end Creed after burning out with 5 games in 3 years. Is the general concensus Rouge and Syndicate good, Unity bad?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Walton Simons posted:

Yeah, it's 2 and Brotherhood opens with it. It's actually not a good boss fight at all but it rightfully gets a free pass because of the whole 'punch the pope out' thing.

Kind of want to get back into rear end Creed after burning out with 5 games in 3 years. Is the general concensus Rouge and Syndicate good, Unity bad?

Brotherhood picks up right after Ezio gets the vault message for Desmond. The pope fistfight is actually the climax of 2 which is both great and dumb.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Walton Simons posted:

Out of curiosity, were Unity's bugs ever fixed?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

owl_pellet posted:

The story in Crysis 3 is overwrought Michael Bay poo poo - "bro...you gotta fight harder bro!" "Yeah bro, we'll fight harder...TOGETHER!" - that kinda stuff. There is a neat little touch though. After Psycho gives you the dog tags he recovered from your squad in the original Crysis, they are wrapped around the grip of your cyber-bow.

From a few pages back but I loving love me some Crysis.

My favorite Crysis bit was (spoilers for Crysis 2 and 3) slowly introducing the fact that Prophet is a really two dead men sharing the nanosuit. The first time you're pressing a button to defibrillate your own heart is weird, since why would they include a defibrillator into the suit that requires the wearer to manually activate it? But later, you realize that Alcatraz is a chopped-up ruin of a corpse held together and kept alive by the nanosuit, which is home to Prophet's digital consciousness after his body died. As the game goes on it becomes more apparent that you're playing the suit, not the braindead guy inside it. Alcatraz and Prophet are both a lie and have been dead the whole time and you're playing as a reverse-engineered alien suit that dreamt it was a man.

Crysis 3 sums it up beautifully when a bitter Psycho confronts Prophet and asks him, "Who's face are you wearing under there? Do you even have a face?"

Wild T has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Nov 10, 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Posting it here:

Fallout 4 has doggles

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Just how over the top some of the attacks are in Disgaea 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbIqL-yznVk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alteisen posted:

It was kind of goofy though how he looked exactly the same between 2 and Brotherhood and then all of a sudden got old with Revelations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

muscles like this? posted:

It was kind of goofy though how he looked exactly the same between 2 and Brotherhood and then all of a sudden got old with Revelations.

I thought he grew facial hair in Brotherhood? In fact to link it to the thread I'm pretty sure it grew throughout the game.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Give AC:Rogue a look if you can, because its fantastic. First AC protagonist I've actually liked since Ezio.

Black flag is good too. Guy just wants to be a cool pirate.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Geokinesis posted:

I'm just happy you can skip them whenever you want (as opposed to via a setting in the menu). Makes it so grinding battles can go much faster, but you can still see some cool moves or some you may have not seen before).

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Geokinesis posted:

poo poo, did Disgaea just drop a "Universe"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AIwrWwX5VY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjeDgYbyaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DX_IaXs5YQ

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chard posted:

Even though one is way more popular I'll still always read "AC" as Armored Core instead of Assassin's Creed. Better game deserves that acronym :colbert:

There's more bad Armored Core games than bad Assassin's Creed games.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

Posting it here:

Fallout 4 has doggles

GOTY right here folks

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

AlphaKretin posted:

I thought he grew facial hair in Brotherhood? In fact to link it to the thread I'm pretty sure it grew throughout the game.

Looking at a timeline, Ezio is like 17 at the beginning - baby face, soft-voiced
- He's about 40 when he fights the pope - baby face, gruff voice
- Same age at Brotherhood starting - he's like 44 through most of it; 47-48 by the end of that game - bearded, gruff
- He's about 52 ish at the beginning of Revelations. Game only lasts like 2 years. - completely grey, old man

So yeah, I guess he did age a good amount between Brotherhood and Revelations. I thought there was a long time between Bro and Rev, but I guess it was just 4-5 years.

ref: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Chard posted:

I keep misreading it as Animal Crossing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Give AC:Rogue a look if you can, because its fantastic. First AC protagonist I've actually liked since Ezio.

Ac is made by a multicultural team who have only heard Irish accents from deaf English racists

e: also my lord his name is Shay Patrick Cormac. Spuds O'Famine would be less embarrassing.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Nov 10, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not that they think that's what Irish people sound like, it's that you can't do VO drunk so there was no way to get an authentic one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Aphrodite posted:

It's not that they think that's what Irish people sound like, it's that you can't do VO drunk so there was no way to get an authentic one.

Banned for racism

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah they probably are.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

you can't do VO drunk

Mickey Rourke begs to disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVoyGUcXepc

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Very sad that Codsworth in Fallout 4 doesn't recognize the name of my character, Janet, but he does call me "Mum" instead which is an acceptably cute substitute. :3:

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

poptart_fairy posted:

Very sad that Codsworth in Fallout 4 doesn't recognize the name of my character, Janet, but he does call me "Mum" instead which is an acceptably cute substitute. :3:

Should have called yourself Fuckface instead.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Overminty posted:

Should have called yourself Fuckface instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n9Nn-dsjWg

:laffo:

Oh my god, been laughing about a minute straight.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh my goodness, I always thought that American's were taking the piss when they said that.

He's calling you "Ma'am"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's actually mum in the subtitles, but it is made by an American studio.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Well now I'm doubting everything I know.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It's "Mum" in the subtitles, yes.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Godammit I thought I'd caught a live one :(

That is adorable. All the Mr Handys I've met so far have been just as much fun. Especially the stoner.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

poptart_fairy posted:

That name list is the most Bethesda feature I've ever seen. It's ridiculously robust, with even choices as esoteric as 'Markipoo', 'Bogdanove' and 'Nourmohammadi' considered and voiced... but tough luck if your name is 'Janet', 'Brett' or 'Alicia', or if you use an unconsidered alternate spelling like 'Ashleigh' or 'Madeline'.

And yet, I don't think I'd have it any other way. I'm not buying the game until mods come out (and woefully this is specifically to fix specific poor design choices instead of fixing bugs and adding to the game) but I've had more genuine entertainment interrogating that name list over the last couple days than I've had playing some of the games I've actually been playing.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 00:29 on Nov 12, 2015

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity, were Unity's bugs ever fixed?

Never played it but I think it's now regarded as a solid, if lacklustre rear end Creed game.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Walton Simons posted:

Never played it but I think it's now regarded as a solid, if lacklustre rear end Creed game.

So like most of them, apart from the ones that aren't solid either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
in vault 111 in fallout 4 there's a donkeykong style game where fallout boy has to rescue fallout girl from the communist menace.