Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Just you wait, when President Jeb Bush takes the oath of office, he's going to make every one of you pay for your evil words. He's gonna round you all up in front of your families and then one by one he's gonna give you a stern talking to :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I am very excited about the debate.

How excited are you, Jeb?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 22, 2016

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Triglav posted:

The structure is probably insurance against being sued for possible future attack ads. Each entity probably serves a different geographic market, or perhaps simply different operations within the PAC.

The structure is also probably because the same pool of people that use shell corps to move their money around the planet to avoid taxation are in the middle of a hostile takeover of the American electoral system. Simply the structure they're used to.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

His shoulders never seem to move. :stare:
He's like a teenager's dad giving a lecture about behavior.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

SnakePlissken posted:

The structure is also probably because the same pool of people that use shell corps to move their money around the planet to avoid taxation are in the middle of a hostile takeover of the American electoral system. Simply the structure they're used to.

Right, just like Bernie's followers promote his candidacy through meme GIFs. People do what they know.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Triglav posted:

Right, just like Bernie's followers promote his candidacy through meme GIFs. People do what they know.

You a potato chip

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

FAUXTON posted:

I've found that there's more shenanigans going on when someone names a business entity "Tamarack" than even the ol' Roman numeral holding LLC fictitious name dealie-bob.

Well, Royal Ahold was always good for a cheap laugh. Then there's Bane (ED: Bain Capital). Lots of little shells floating around.

Triglav posted:

Heheh, those Sanders followers, I just don't know ...

SnakePlissken fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 10, 2015

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

New Right to Rise PAC ad featuring an extra-salty ¡Jeb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jNu5veLlo

"We turned the systems upside-down that weren't working!" That usually makes things work better, yep. Well said.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
With the knowledge that Ted Cruz's PACs are separated to protect themselves from presumed libel suits, my faith in both corporate America and the electoral system has been restored.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fox Ironic posted:

He just needs to punch Trump in the face at the next debate.

I mentioned this as a course of action a couple hundred of pages ago and I still fully believe he will jump in the polls significantly if he can successfully clobber Trump like a schoolyard bully.

That's if they replace his arm with a T-100's and someone else remote controls it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

I mentioned this as a course of action a couple hundred of pages ago and I still fully believe he will jump in the polls significantly if he can successfully clobber Trump like a schoolyard bully.

That's if they replace his arm with a T-100's and someone else remote controls it.

Trump also could have decimated Jeb early if he had left him hanging, in that first debate.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Trump would never pass up kudos!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

The Tao Jones posted:

"We turned the systems upside-down that weren't working!" That usually makes things work better, yep. Well said.

Hey, I have it on good authority that he can fix things

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I am very excited about the debate.!

There you go. Now you're connoting the proper excitement!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Killing baby Hitler is kinda dumb. Just hand him over to some different parents.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I think Trump starting the war on Christmas this early signals to me Trump wants to end Carson here and now.

Once America finds out Ben Carson thinks Christmas is bullshit all bets are off.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

His shoulders never seem to move. :stare:
There was an article a couple weeks back commenting about his awkward body:

quote:

But inside the campaign, Bush’s poor communications skills have become a source of tension among advisers and donors. One source told me that some senior Bush aides are frustrated that he wears glasses and suits on the trail, which makes it difficult for him to relate to a large swath of GOP primary voters (or at least the Trump ones). His weight has also been an issue. Bush dropped 40 pounds on the Paleo diet in preparation for his run, but the dramatic weight loss has left him appearing uncomfortable in his new body and prone to awkward movements

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Is it the exclamation point that does it for you? It probably is. Nothing says "I can fix it" like an exclamation point appended to your first name. Jeb's a really exciting candidate and his choice of punctuation is bold and decisive.

Jeb!

Jeb!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Jeb?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Did anyone watch this baby hitler video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZoVIDx5dg

he references "that michael j fox series" as a reason he would kill baby hitler, "even if he was cute". it's so awkward.

i'm guessing he's told by his consultants he's got to act more cowboy-ish which is why he's talking about killing babies now. jeb is funny he can never win, even with these dumb questions by the press

EDIT: also lol at the top youtube comment:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Jeb needs to suck on nails for extra iron because of his anemia.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://vine.co/v/el5IITHaBVZ

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

"I chew my fingernails" didn't sound presidential, so they went with "I eat nails".

E: Isn't the full expression something like " I eat nails and poo poo thumbtacks"? Where are the thumbtacks, Jeb!?

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 10, 2015

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

a helpful bear posted:

Trump would never pass up judo!

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

There's something else I've noticed about ¡Jeb!'s campaign ads and I wonder if it has any effect.

His gubernatorial experience was so long ago that whenever he references it, the accompanying shots or still images are of a much different looking ¡Jeb!. No grey hair, heavier, not wearing the glasses. I mean, yeah, it was a while ago that he was governor, but when they provide video from that era, the images make it seem like it was a loooooooong time ago -- like from the '80s or something -- and makes him seem just that much more out of touch with the modern political climate.

Here's a still shot from that latest PAC ad, for example:

Doesn't help that he has the demeanor/worldview of a grandpa from Tampa.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Once America finds out Ben Carson thinks Christmas is bullshit all bets are off.

Eh, I'm a Christmas FANATIC, but I don't really GAF how other people celebrate it as long as they're not millenial crybabies who complain about public/business Christmas decorations, promotion, etc.

I cannot overstate how obsessed I am with Christmas. AS SOON as Thanksgiving dinner is in my belly, I give myself the green-light to once again take up arms against the WAR ON CHRISTMAS and the battle does not end until the morning after the College Football champion is determined, which thankfully keeps getting pushed further and further after New Years giving me more Christmas time. My wife complains about me being white trash and claims that only "crazy people" would have more than one tree in the same room.

Obviously I am Republican as all hell too.

Ben Carson not personally erecting a Christmas tree in his own home doesn't bother me. Of course the white-house is a national institution and the property of the American people, so he drat WELL BETTER be OK with all out Christmas decorations there.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

SnakePlissken posted:

grandpa from Tampa

This would be great username for a pro-Jeb! gimmick account.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Remember when the Huckster was just a Jesus-lovin' bass player?

now he's just a gross slug

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

There's something else I've noticed about ¡Jeb!'s campaign ads and I wonder if it has any effect.

His gubernatorial experience was so long ago that whenever he references it, the accompanying shots or still images are of a much different looking ¡Jeb!. No grey hair, heavier, not wearing the glasses. I mean, yeah, it was a while ago that he was governor, but when they provide video from that era, the images make it seem like it was a loooooooong time ago -- like from the '80s or something -- and makes him seem just that much more out of touch with the modern political climate.

Here's a still shot from that latest PAC ad, for example:

I think this cuts both ways, but I agree that it's mostly negative. It does mean it's politically out of touch and it shows in his weekly gaffe, but it can also help market towards Republicans who always yearn for a "better time". This is the party that idolizes Reagan and yearns for a time that technically never existed.

However this appeal is limited (because all those voters are dead now) and the fact he's a candidate from the 90s shows in his attempts to be cool with da kids, yo.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Xenophon posted:

Remember when the Huckster was just a Jesus-lovin' bass player?

now he's just a gross slug

At his current weight he should really switch to tuba, imo

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Logikv9 posted:

I think this cuts both ways, but I agree that it's mostly negative. It does mean it's politically out of touch and it shows in his weekly gaffe, but it can also help market towards Republicans who always yearn for a "better time". This is the party that idolizes Reagan and yearns for a time that technically never existed.

However this appeal is limited (because all those voters are dead now) and the fact he's a candidate from the 90s shows in his attempts to be cool with da kids, yo.

Jeb! will make CrossfireTM and Ninja Turtles real.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Boosted_C5 posted:

My wife complains about me being white trash and claims that only "crazy people" would have more than one tree in the same room.

Boosted you are possibly my favorite poster right now.

EDIT: Jeb makes me think of a friendly cartoon dinosaur that says things like "shucks" and "hayuck"

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tricky D posted:

This would be great username for a pro-Jeb! gimmick account.

Gampy from Tampy.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Is the kid on the left a rubber doll? Inbred? Something is off here.

I'm guessin he can duel a banjo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Rocks posted:

Did anyone watch this baby hitler video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZoVIDx5dg

he references "that michael j fox series" as a reason he would kill baby hitler, "even if he was cute"

God, it's worse than that. "What was the name of the Michael Fox... movies?" Jeb is officially the Rick Perry of this campaign in that neither of them can... sentence... properly... and, and...yeah.

• Locked thread