Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
President Carson has as nice ring to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
"Popularity" is meaningless. The real question is whether or not people will vote for Trump over Hillary.

I mean, you kind of have to be damaged in the brain to actually LIKE Donald Trump as a person. But just because he's unlikeable doesn't mean he wouldn't be a better president that that dishonest, unethical, entitled, bought-and-paid-for special interests prostitute Hillary Clinton.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Anybody who would be sincerely interested in discussing conservative politics on here in any kind of depth was purged in 2008 and 2012, or else simply doesn't want to be probated or banned repeatedly.

There is a time cost to every post we make. A really well thought out post about politics that takes into account all sorts of subtle factors takes over an hour to write. Maybe 2-3 hours depending on the topic, but never the less it's a lot of work. If the well thought out post is rewarded with other well thought out responses the investment is probably enjoyable and worth it to the OP and he will continue to make well thought out posts in the future.

However, when an intelligent post is drowned out by low effort posts, which is what happened to D&D when McCain and similar mods were running things around that '08-'12 time period, the quality of the subforum decays. The only way a subforum can maintain activity while also encouraging low effort posting is to become an echo chamber, which is what D&D became last time I checked on it.

All of that would have been forgivable if the forum was at least funny, but in reality it was a cess pool of unsuccessful people whining about how unfair the world was.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Solution: Create a GOP sub-forum and make yours truly its moderator.

Can you see it brothers? A shining city on a hill. A sub-forum to act as a light-house in the darkness of LIEberal ignorance and sinfulness.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I was literally banned for making a thread called "Should we nuke Raqqa?" in Debate and Discussion which had at least half decent posting going on about the Ethics in Warfare, besides a chorus of people going YOU'RE AN ISLAMOPHOBE SOCIOPATH!!! over and over and adding absolutely nothing ot the "Debate" or "Discussion." So of course I was banned by some Bernie Sanders 2016 guy with a "heh, go somewhere else 2 be a genocidal maniac, human being" and thread deleted, for daring 2 bring some Bold, Sophisticated, British styled Debate to the debate forum. Because bombing ISIS is something only a truly sick monster would do

I just googled "Raqqa" and

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/11/08/islamic-states-capital-could-be-better-off-under-islamic-state-unless/

crap like

"So, who will free Raqqa?

The answer remains unclear because there doesn’t seem to be many interested in carrying out this difficult mission. It doesn’t look like the Kurds are spoiling to take the largely Arab city. The United States will not be sending in significant ground forces to do the job. Turkey seems disinclined to send its forces across the border to wage war, particularly given Ankara’s hostility to most Kurdish insurgents. The various groups that make up the Free Syrian Army are far too weak to take on Islamic State directly.

In addition, the coalition fighting against Islamic State is certainly not eager for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his Iranian backers to march back into the city.

So, in reality, there is no ground force being assembled to accomplish this goal."

its just begging NUKE ME

i bet this is trump's secret strategy too

Smoothrich has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Nov 10, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oceanlife posted:

There is a time cost to every post we make. A really well thought out post about politics that takes into account all sorts of subtle factors takes over an hour to write. Maybe 2-3 hours depending on the topic, but never the less it's a lot of work. If the well thought out post is rewarded with other well thought out responses the investment is probably enjoyable and worth it to the OP and he will continue to make well thought out posts in the future.

However, when an intelligent post is drowned out by low effort posts, which is what happened to D&D when McCain and similar mods were running things around that '08-'12 time period, the quality of the subforum decays. The only way a subforum can maintain activity while also encouraging low effort posting is to become an echo chamber, which is what D&D became last time I checked on it.

All of that would have been forgivable if the forum was at least funny, but in reality it was a cess pool of unsuccessful people whining about how unfair the world was.

Seek therapy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I'm sure Trump would be happy to oblige.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Seek therapy.

It's a great way to become the rogue pariah nuclear state America has always dreamed of being

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Oceanlife posted:

I hit up (Election Erection) to read the informative post and the clever post. Bonus if someone nails both at the same time. Many do. Cleverness isn't something you can "work hard on" -- you either have it, or you don't -- and in any event, neither case requires more than 5 minutes of effort unless there are a bunch of links/images or something.

Your post was neither informative nor clever; how many hours did you spend composing it?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
either way u know just because you discuss nuking the middle east doesn't mean people are going to do it right?

its like words on a sublime dead comedy forum and words dont launch nukes but they can be funny sometimes

hth

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I am Smoothrich and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a poster not entitled to the sweat of his brow? "No," says the Bernie Bro in BYOB, "it belongs to me." "No," says the Ironic Racist in GBS, "it belongs to Trump." "No," says the mods in D&D, "it belongs in the gas chamber." I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Election Erection. A board where the artist would not fear the censor; where the Republican would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Election Erection can become your board as well.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

Can you see it brothers? A shining city on a hill. A sub-forum to act as a light-house in the darkness of LIEberal ignorance and sinfulness.

I'm fine with this.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'm fine with this.

no mods no masters. the forum of Lincoln

or just declare people RINOs and ban them when they begin talking about raising taxes or white privileges, for violating The Pledge everyone has to take before posting in it

Smoothrich has issued a correction as of 20:35 on Nov 10, 2015

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

my body is ready to shitpost

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
maybe if there was a GOP subforum I'd have somewhere I'd feel comfortable posting my 20 minute piano folk rock anthem I recorded the other day about the historical evils of the Democratic Party against poor white people and people of color. its really good, honest

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

she's a run-of-the-mill career politician that's married to a former president.

:qq::qq::qq:career politicians:qq::qq::qq:

Isn't 50% favorability a huge drop for Carson, or am I think of his numbers among all republicans?

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Smoothrich posted:

I am Smoothrich and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a poster not entitled to the sweat of his brow? "No," says the Bernie Bro in BYOB, "it belongs to me." "No," says the Ironic Racist in GBS, "it belongs to Trump." "No," says the mods in D&D, "it belongs in the gas chamber." I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Election Erection. A board where the artist would not fear the censor; where the Republican would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Election Erection can become your board as well.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Boosted_C5 posted:

I think a GOP forum moderated by you would be awesome. Should we set up a petition?

edit: It would be even more fun to determine the mod for that forum through a series of debates followed by an election.

Ibogaine has issued a correction as of 20:35 on Nov 10, 2015

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

should be a fun debate tonight

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
A lightweight choker is just for decoration, not for any serious B&D. A good comparison.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I hit up (Election Erection) to read the informative post and the clever post. Bonus if someone nails both at the same time. Many do. Cleverness isn't something you can "work hard on" -- you either have it, or you don't -- and in any event, neither case requires more than 5 minutes of effort unless there are a bunch of links/images or something.

Your post was neither informative nor clever; how many hours did you spend composing it?

Good research doesn't take 5 minutes. To me, 5 minutes is barely enough time to do a cursory vetting of a single source. Anything with remotely good quality takes 2-3 hours.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

should be a fun debate tonight

I'm ready

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

OAquinas posted:

A lightweight choker is just for decoration, not for any serious B&D. A good comparison.

is "lightweight choker" code for sissy human being cocksucker?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Top City Homo posted:

is "lightweight choker" code for sissy human being cocksucker?

no it means rubio actively seeks out even wimpier men to choke out for his erotic pleasure. he's a lightweight choker because he pays wimps to let him choke them out

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Oceanlife posted:

Good research doesn't take 5 minutes. To me, 5 minutes is barely enough time to do a cursory vetting of a single source. Anything with remotely good quality takes 2-3 hours.

You forget that it isn't necessary to do good research when you're amongst friends who all have the correct opinion already.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Anybody who would be sincerely interested in discussing conservative politics on here in any kind of depth was purged in 2008 and 2012, or else simply doesn't want to be probated or banned repeatedly.

It's easy to say that but it isn't just this forum ; I'm seriously not aware of any forum, anywhere on the internet, that discusses the modern Republican party in a fashion I would consider "serious." Hell, I'm not even aware of all that many serious *columnists.* The people who were serious Republican intellectuals have all either gone insane or turned apostate -- see, e.g., David Brooks, Andrew Sullivan, David Frum, etc.

The root issue is that a party where the intellectual leadership is coming from the likes of Trump, Carson, and whoever can shout the most extreme poo poo into the right wing noise tornado, is not a serious party that can participate in serious discussions. We don't have serious conservatives posting here because they're an endangered species everywhere, not just here.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's easy to say that but it isn't just this forum ; I'm seriously not aware of any forum, anywhere on the internet, that discusses the modern Republican party in a fashion I would consider "serious." Hell, I'm not even aware of all that many serious *columnists.* The people who were serious Republican intellectuals have all either gone insane or turned apostate -- see, e.g., David Brooks, Andrew Sullivan, David Frum, etc.

The root issue is that a party where the intellectual leadership is coming from the likes of Trump, Carson, and whoever can shout the most extreme poo poo into the right wing noise tornado, is not a serious party that can participate in serious discussions. We don't have serious conservatives posting here because they're an endangered species everywhere, not just here.

I woke up one day after going on a 5 day amphetamine binge and realized "The Parties Switched Lol" was a Liberal Lie and have sworn myself to restore glory to the Republican Party. I don't identify with social conservatism, no millennials do after all, but I realize Identity Politics is basically 21st century Social Darwinism, white privilege = jew privilege etc, and only the Republicans offer a visionary platform of leadership to one day become a "Uniter, not a Divider." I have enough writings and Mental Blueprints on how to unite a new generation of libertarians and progressives across race, ethnicity, culture, gender, religion and creed.

Let's Get This Party (of Lincoln) Started..

Smoothrich has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Nov 10, 2015

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
That makes sense. During traumatic experiences, people often find out who they really are.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Smoothrich not even bothering to stay in character anymore. What a bummer.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Smoothrich not even bothering to stay in character anymore. What a bummer.

This has been his character the whole time, ex-democrat, Carson-as-uniter, the parties never switched, this poo poo is in most of his posts.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

But people are uniting against Carson, so maybe Smoothrich is right?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

This has been his character the whole time, ex-democrat, Carson-as-uniter, the parties never switched, this poo poo is in most of his posts.

No no it's admitting the character came to him after a five-day amphetamine bender which isn't surprising.

Triglav posted:

Against Carson? Have you seen the polls? Because according to this poll Smoothrich posted over here...

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Triglav posted:

only liberals and racists hate Carson, and I hate them too. In a Venn Diagram, the liberal and racist sphere would cross over in the "Pro Bernie" and "Anti Carson" spheres

Man I have a great idea for some venn diagrams now. going to add them to my pilot episode

:beck:

Smoothrich has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Nov 10, 2015

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

I'm sure you believe the poll that says Ben Carson would beat :shillary: in the general as well, right?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Carson's support is quantity, not quality. He will not win his party's nomination, let alone the election. As it stands, he doesn't even know how to win.

As unfortunate as it may seem, the election is currently between Rubio, Bush, and Hillary.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Triglav posted:

Carson's support is quantity, not quality. He will not win his party's nomination, let alone the election. As it stands, he doesn't even know how to win.

As unfortunate as it may seem, the election is currently between Rubio, Bush, and Hillary.

i gotta challenge one of these establishment shilling low-info goony chucklefucks to a livestreamed debate over webcams on my twitch channel or something. seriously, i flip into a blind rage when i hear someone trot out Rubio and Bush as the Real Frontrunners, i have been at this for months.

i want to loving destroy you in a debate. i would do the same with Rubio, Bernie, or Hillary I'm sure, but I want to start small and these kind of posts are like chum in the posting water to my sixth political sense. posts like this guy's just emit so much electromagnetic shitpost radiation i dont even have to be reading SA to detect them

Smoothrich has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Nov 10, 2015

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Triglav posted:

If the RNC is a brokered convention as Carl Rove predicts (lol), then Carson may be the kingmaker

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Smoothrich posted:

my pilot episode

:allears:

OK I am genuinely curious

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Counterpoint: :shillary:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Boosted_C5 posted:

I support this, because you're the Trump to Smooths Carson. All the bluster, bullshit, and ridiculously absurd asshattery but you keep us entertained. Shine on you crazy rich man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Boosted_C5 is okay in my book. I say give him a forum

Soothrich is a generic wordsalad bore with no game -- the ¡Jeb! of SA posters.

• Locked thread