Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

there are no achievements for collecting up sidequest icons on your map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I saw people say that the void ark gear is BiS for tanks because it has better substat allocations despite having worse everything else. Is that as dumb as it sounds?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Diadem is really fun, as far as poo poo we'll probably have to grind for hundreds of hours, it's pretty good. The simplest explanation for it is what if hunts were less bullshit and more fun.

Elswyyr posted:

I saw people say that the void ark gear is BiS for tanks because it has better substat allocations despite having worse everything else. Is that as dumb as it sounds?

Yes

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

best patch

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Went into Diadem with two others. Rank 1 mobs took two or three minutes to kill but weren't unmanageable, and once another party dropped in to help clean up and let us get our currents.

Got a six steel coins from mining and botany, and a few nodes even dropped some silver chests with crafting materials and clusters.

I'm wondering if someone will eventually get upset at partial parties "wasting" slots in the instance, but even the rank V monster we ran across was pretty easy to take down with four or five parties.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Elswyyr posted:

About as dumb, yeah.

Substats in general got a quasi-nerf at level 60 where they contribute less to your raw damage; where, say, determination or crit rate might have provided 0.3 worth of a stat point in the 2.0 era, now it might only provide 0.1 worth. So there were edge cases where a really awesome i120 could actually surpass a really lovely i130. That's pretty much never the case now.

Just eyeballing the void ark pieces those pants would be pretty sexy in the 2.0 era but I don't think they'd trump 210 raw stats and I need accuracy on my pants anyway with the rest of the available sets. They will be super great for PvP, though!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The void ark fending chest isn't better than the gordian chest. One is crit/acc and the other is det/acc. If the gordian chest was something stupid like acc/parry then yeah the void ark would take it, but it isn't.

edit: the 57 det from the legs does not outweigh the extra 8 str at 210 so even the pants aren't better.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 10, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
There are 24 Verminion Challenges:

Stage 1: Tutorial
Stage 2: Hatching a Plan
Stage 3: The First Move
Stage 4: Little Big Beast
Stage 5: Turning Tribes
Stage 6: Off the Deepcroft
Stage 7: Rivals
Stage 8: Always Darkest
Stage 9: Mine Your Minions
Stage 10: Children of Mandragora
Stage 11: The Queen and I
Stage 12: Breakout
Stage 13: My Name Is Cid
Stage 14: Like a Nut
Stage 15: Urth's Spout
Stage 16: Exodus
Stage 17: Over the Wall
Stage 18: The Hunt
Stage 19: Battle on the Bitty Bridge
Stage 20: Guiding Light
Stage 21: Wise Words
Stage 22: World of Poor Lighting
Stage 23: The Binding Coil
Stage 24: The Final Coil

If you complete all 24, you get CLOCKWORK TWINTANIA

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The belt might be BIS, because there's no 210 option that doesn't have parry on it, and it's only a loss of 4 strength.

And even then a Diadem belt with decent rolls would be better.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
getting taint reaped in the void ark

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

There are 24 Verminion Challenges:

Stage 1: Tutorial
Stage 2: Hatching a Plan
Stage 3: The First Move
Stage 4: Little Big Beast
Stage 5: Turning Tribes
Stage 6: Off the Deepcroft
Stage 7: Rivals
Stage 8: Always Darkest
Stage 9: Mine Your Minions
Stage 10: Children of Mandragora
Stage 11: The Queen and I
Stage 12: Breakout
Stage 13: My Name Is Cid
Stage 14: Like a Nut
Stage 15: Urth's Spout
Stage 16: Exodus
Stage 17: Over the Wall
Stage 18: The Hunt
Stage 19: Battle on the Bitty Bridge
Stage 20: Guiding Light
Stage 21: Wise Words
Stage 22: World of Poor Lighting
Stage 23: The Binding Coil
Stage 24: The Final Coil

If you complete all 24, you get CLOCKWORK TWINTANIA

Any tips for 21? I'm kinda stuck there now. Nevermind, got it.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 10, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Krile is pretty awesome, I can't wait for her to get killed off like Moenbryda.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Afro has jiggle physics. Patch of the year.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

The belt might be BIS, because there's no 210 option that doesn't have parry on it, and it's only a loss of 4 strength.

It's not.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Stuck on a trip still, bah. How is Singularity Reactor? Does the Void Ark weekly give twine? Do daidem mobs give centurio seals? How much effort is V material from diadem?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The Thavnairian Dance is every bit as glorious on my highlander dude as I'd hoped.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

Does the Void Ark weekly give twine?

yes, and coat. it's not a weekly quest, you just get a thing dumped into your inventory at the end of void ark you can exchange for one

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Be careful summoning your retainer while queued in DF. Pretty serious bug here:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/680a126077a5aff59f13bcfa164ec20b5e53f7ea

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's too bad. The chest and legs will still be good for people stuck on A3S, at least.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The doom and gloom is over for now my friend.

Until goons clear off all the content in the next 2 hours then bitch that there is nothing left to do.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

yes, and coat. it's not a weekly quest, you just get a thing dumped into your inventory at the end of void ark you can exchange for one

Neat, I assumed they were going to make it cost more than one of that Void Ark token for twines. I'm going to be drowning in them like with carboncoats again, never earing enough esos to buy all the gear that I can upgrade! :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

Be careful summoning your retainer while queued in DF. Pretty serious bug here:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/680a126077a5aff59f13bcfa164ec20b5e53f7ea

:magical:

I logged in briefly before work to find that an officer had recalled an airship that was almost done with a 110+ hour trip so he could tool around in the Diadem with his static before the rest of us were ready to head in tonight. :orks:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

"he wanted to talk about this dope rear end hairdo alph"

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

nuru posted:

How much effort is V material from diadem?

I'd like to hear about this as well. I've heard that the chests that gives the aetherial gear aren't too difficult to get but the distinction between the sky pirate tokens, how you obtain them, and what the buy each is eating at my mind since I can't play yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samba De Amigo posted:

I'd like to hear about this as well. I've heard that the chests that gives the aetherial gear aren't too difficult to get but the distinction between the sky pirate tokens, how you obtain them, and what the buy each is eating at my mind since I can't play yet.
From one trip in, it looked like 44 tokens per materia (for all V, not just mainstat?) and the normal mode gear that dropped was worth 1 token for boots and 2 for chest. I didn't turn anything else in - imagine everything's 1 but 2 for chest, dunno if easy mode is all 1 or hard mode scales up more or what. (And we got one chest per kill, except for mobs that we didn't deal sufficient damage to that another party killed. Which I assume works kinda like getting XP always has?)

That's brass tokens, steel tokens come from crafting and buy crafting mats.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

From one trip in, it looked like 44 tokens per materia (for all V, not just mainstat?) and the normal mode gear that dropped was worth 1 token for boots and 2 for chest. I didn't turn anything else in - imagine everything's 1 but 2 for chest, dunno if easy mode is all 1 or hard mode scales up more or what. (And we got one chest per kill, except for mobs that we didn't deal sufficient damage to that another party killed. Which I assume works kinda like getting XP always has?)

That's brass tokens, steel tokens come from crafting and buy crafting mats.

Ah okay thanks. I was told by someone that got a 210 chest that 210 chests are worth 3 tokens, so I assume all 210's are worth 3. So it takes a bit but that's still not bad.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 10, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone run the 2 new EXDR dungeons yet? Any thoughts on them? I won't be able to get to play this until tomorrow :saddowns:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

seiferguy posted:

Has anyone run the 2 new EXDR dungeons yet? Any thoughts on them? I won't be able to get to play this until tomorrow :saddowns:

they're good, but not entirely challenging

LordNat
May 16, 2009

seiferguy posted:

They are great. PH (Hard) is short and sweet with bosses that focus on mechanics. Arboretum is a little longer but is mostly just DPS burn and avoid AoEs.

Both are much better then the Neverreap and Fractal.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

As a proud owner of an i210 tanking diadem belt, the substats are poo poo. I mean sure, they're random, but they're also weirdly low. Also I got parry.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
early reports on light buffs is that low level dungeons are up to brilliant light, and the amount of light each tier gives has been, apparently, doubled. four sastasha normal unsynced runs was enough for a dude to tier up multiple times

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

sword_man.gif posted:

early reports on light buffs is that low level dungeons are up to brilliant light, and the amount of light each tier gives has been, apparently, doubled. four sastasha normal unsynced runs was enough for a dude to tier up multiple times

Now all I need to do is finish my books :shepface:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
It's kinda weird that the final boss of Void Ark was the easiest. When I did it with a group of completely new players earlier, it was the only big fight we didn't wipe on at least once.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

As a proud owner of an i210 tanking diadem belt, the substats are poo poo. I mean sure, they're random, but they're also weirdly low. Also I got parry.

I've been digging through pics of the diadem 210's, it looks like the total weights of the pinks might be lower than 210 blues which I'm okay with. There might be an ideal setup for 5 stat for some classes but I feel like pinks are probably going to be overwhelmingly weaker than raid/eso gear.

Which I'm okay with.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Now all I need to do is finish my books :shepface:

Me but Atma (but I never did those because then I'd have to do books next :shepicide: )

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It looks easy enough now that I want to do one for my Warrior, but books were awful what with the fates and mobs. Are they easier now?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...I may bang out that Yoichi Bow Zeta, now.

nuru posted:

It looks easy enough now that I want to do one for my Warrior, but books were awful what with the fates and mobs. Are they easier now?

Yes-ish? But as always, everything is subject to the whims of the likes of RNGesus and Lootcifer.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The relic will never be nerfed enough until book fates pop every 15 minutes. That was always the absolute worst phase of the relic (as someone who did every step pre-nerf) and from what I've heard, they still haven't done much to fix it

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Samba De Amigo posted:

I've been digging through pics of the diadem 210's, it looks like the total weights of the pinks might be lower than 210 blues which I'm okay with. There might be an ideal setup for 5 stat for some classes but I feel like pinks are probably going to be overwhelmingly weaker than raid/eso gear.

Which I'm okay with.

Yeah as fun as Diadem is, explicitly farming out a full set sounds like hell and I'd kind of expect pink aetherial gear to be a bit weaker anyway. It's still good gear for padding out a few pieces and your ilevel and for spiritbonding in the diadem (and elsewhere I suppose) without noticeable issues performing but not super high performance gear, which honestly is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Yeah as fun as Diadem is, explicitly farming out a full set sounds like hell and I'd kind of expect pink aetherial gear to be a bit weaker anyway. It's still good gear for padding out a few pieces and your ilevel and for spiritbonding in the diadem (and elsewhere I suppose) without noticeable issues performing but not super high performance gear, which honestly is perfect.

I'll be in diadem non-stop just for the bronze and steel tokens tbh. The allure of Materia V is just unbeatable lol.

• Locked thread