Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

the translation equivalent of needing the codebook to get past the copy protection of an old pc game

boom boom boom posted:

That is so preferable to having translator notes on screen.

to be fair we're talking about things drawn or written on chalkboards for two frames and things flying past in the sky, appearing in peoples mouths when theyre yelling, etc. not lazy or overly literal translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im gonna make an anime crate service but all we deliver is single episodes of anime in increasingly more esoteric translation formats

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

A binder of screenshots you flip through for the visuals, sound on a cassette tape you play at the same time and subs in the form of a .mobi

a bulleted list of "tropes".

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

im gonna make an anime crate service but all we deliver is single episodes of anime in increasingly more esoteric translation formats

FLCL really is better in the original Klingon

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

He hated G-Reco from the the second they showed the mecha designs and the main Gundam had horns

He was so smug about being "right" after a Recten grabbed one of the G-self's horns in the first episode.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He was one of the worst things about that thread.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

He also posted like twice in the ibo thread, mostly to be passive-aggressive about the g-reco thread.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if only we'd had a non-fail mod that banned broken loose...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

if only we'd had a non-fail mod that banned broken loose...

I thought you liked beef chief?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, im watching hxh 2011, and i miss the 99 show's directorial choice of nobody ever turning on their lights

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

He was so smug about being "right" after a Recten grabbed one of the G-self's horns in the first episode.

That wasn't even why he argued that the horns were bad, his argument was that the horns blocked the main camera too much.

This, ina franchise that has had 360 degree cockpits since Zeta

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Broken Loose later went on to make a Kickstarter for a giant robot themed board game. Which failed badly.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

then everyone just went and posted in nite crew

Lol if true

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Broken Loose later went on to make a Kickstarter for a giant robot themed board game. Which failed badly.

Im glad his dream failed, unironically

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

Im glad his dream failed, unironically

The game looked really bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think that people should, in all avenues of life, aim for the top

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

I think that people should, in all avenues of life, aim for the top

Gunbussster~

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm trying to do the Alishia DLC but I'm already sick of 'generic cave 2'. Her new outfit is cute though.

Maybe not the hat.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Tamako Market has a butt

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Tamako Market has a butt

be careful friend. this is a slippery slope

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

Tamako Market has a butt

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Droyer posted:

I thought you liked beef chief?
In any culture, hating on authority is the cool thing, about as cool as Bad Seafood is uncool.

Seriously though G-reco was that recent?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Twiddy posted:

In any culture, hating on authority is the cool thing, about as cool as Bad Seafood is uncool.

Seriously though G-reco was that recent?

It was just last year.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

It was just last year.

there's been a ton of Gundam recently, higher Gundam concentration that at any time before, so it's pretty easy to get the timeframe confused in your head

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Especially when you're not a mecha fan and you assume an actual watchable mecha show comes up once every decade.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't hate the mod, it is just my destiny to usurp him

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah and in 2016 when macross delta comes out, this decade's watchable mecha show will have arrived

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Twiddy posted:

Especially when you're not a mecha fan and you assume an actual watchable mecha show comes up once every decade.

Turn-A Gundam and The Big O came out in the same decade, fool.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Twiddy posted:

Now it's just non-stop. We drowning in mecha. Nobody throw a rope, let's just slip beneath the waves

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Twiddy posted:

Your "mecha fans are idiots incapable of critikal thought" gimmick is lame

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

eating in the bathtub is so gross

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Droyer what are your thoughts on Seibzehn from Xenogears

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

My friend Twiddy does not gimmickpost

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Droyer posted:

hes right

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

*Person posts sincerely*

Me: man gently caress your dumbass gimmick

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

Robts with thick legs are cool

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Droyer posted:

It ain't a gimmick son, I'm actually just that ignorant.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i had this pain on the top of my shin this morning

should i go jogging

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

It's pretty cool. Pretty obviously a Giant Robo homage though, so it doesn't have much of an identity on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Big O Season 2, Gurren Lagann, Overman King Gainer and Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-hen were all broadcast in the same decade, also

• Locked thread