Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

VietCampo posted:

TBH even if Dion didn't get hurt, i think i'd rather have Woodhead anyways, IMO he has higher touchdown upside since he hogs red zone plays whereas Dion Lewis had Blount stealing carries inside the 10.

I'm a Pats fan too.

I missed it, are you in standard or PPR? In PPR the red zone thing had no impact on Dion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MacheteZombie posted:

Speaking of Carr, I'm facing a rich man's problem.

On my Dynasty team I have the option of:

Tom Brady @ NYG
Cam Newton @Ten
Derek Carr vs Min

(Ben is out to injury or he'd be in the mix too)

I'm starting Brady currently, but after seeing Carr and Cam hit 30 points (okay Carr was only 29, but still) last week I'm wondering if I should take a flier on one or the other.

If you want to take a chance, go with Carr. He is the only one playing with no defense.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
loving Andrew Luck. I want everyone who thought he was going to be awesome fired.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

old dog child posted:

If you want to take a chance, go with Carr. He is the only one playing with no defense.

Thanks, I lost last week 100 - 144 and play the same person again this week, so I can't decide if I should shoot for the moon or not. (I mostly faced bad beats and god drat I need to get over Hill and either play Gio or no Bengal RB)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How did you end up playing the same opponent in back to back weeks?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

How did you end up playing the same opponent in back to back weeks?

We do a custom schedule every year, and decided to do away with one rival game (which would be this week) and weight the schedules by rankings from last year and it just sort of happened.

We didn't realize it fell that way until the season started or we would have rotated a week in between at the very least.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
We play 2 QBs a week, but my main guys were Brees/Luck for most of the year.

Now I have Brees, Hoyer, Big Ben, Luck and Romo. As soon as Romo comes back I can drop Hoyer, but gently caress's sake.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming Lewis is still a hold for keeper leagues?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just turned Landry and JStew into Julio Jones. I think I won.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

SeannieDarko posted:

I just turned Landry and JStew into Julio Jones. I think I won.

You did

Thwomp posted:

I'm assuming Lewis is still a hold for keeper leagues?

Yeah, I would

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Now I'm going to be rolling out with a lineup of:

QB: Rivers
WR: Julio, Megatron, Cooks
RB: Forte, Woodhead, McFadden, DeAngelo
TE: Reed
K: Who cares
D/ST: Who cares

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacejung posted:

What is it with my players and their kidneys this year.

Shouldn't draft people prone to lacerated kidneys imo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Speaking of Carr, I'm facing a rich man's problem.

On my Dynasty team I have the option of:

Tom Brady @ NYG
Cam Newton @Ten
Derek Carr vs Min

(Ben is out to injury or he'd be in the mix too)

I'm starting Brady currently, but after seeing Carr and Cam hit 30 points (okay Carr was only 29, but still) last week I'm wondering if I should take a flier on one or the other.

old dog child posted:

Ehh, I wouldn't do that, fwiw. No reason to sit Brady, it isn't like NYG have anything resembling a scary defense. I'd start Brady over Cam every week unless Brady had a like bottom 1/3 match up and Cam had a top 1/3 match up, and I'd start Cam over Carr similarly. Don't get cute, Brady against the Giants or Cam against Tennessee are both fantastic starts.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'm seeing the writing on the wall, guys. Lost JC, Dion, Foster, now Luck. 7-2 with Ivory and Freeman still around but drat if fortunes don't reverse just like that

Honestly, it's kind of a blessing in disguise. Instead of having to worry about starting Luck and having him poo poo on your team, now you know you should sit him. Like if Hill or Lacy got injured, I don't think I'd even be mad, even in leagues where I'm thin at RB behind them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Ehh, I wouldn't do that, fwiw. No reason to sit Brady, it isn't like NYG have anything resembling a scary defense. I'd start Brady over Cam every week unless Brady had a like bottom 1/3 match up and Cam had a top 1/3 match up, and I'd start Cam over Carr similarly. Don't get cute, Brady against the Giants or Cam against Tennessee are both fantastic starts.

The way I see it, and the part giving me trouble is basically deciding which of the three are going to get 20, 25, and 30 points.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

John Brown or Fitz?

I have OBJ and Allen Robinson starting.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So Denver D pretty much falls under DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS, right? Because I've also got St. Louis D and playing them against the terrible Chicago team sounds better than playing Denver against the pretty good Chiefs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'm seeing the writing on the wall, guys. Lost JC, Dion, Foster, now Luck. 7-2 with Ivory and Freeman still around but drat if fortunes don't reverse just like that

A+ for getting depth though. This is the perfect example of how you should draft. I'm guessing you went JC/Ivory as your planned starters with Foster as your eventual upgrade at RB2, then picked up Lewis and Freeman off the WW? That was a hell of a lineup.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
As a Giants fan, play Brady this week. He will shred us up, which will make our inevitable Super Bowl 50 victory over them even more amazing.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

The way I see it, and the part giving me trouble is basically deciding which of the three are going to get 20, 25, and 30 points.

Brady is the QB1, averaging like 20% more points per game (25.5) than the point-per-game-QB2 (Newton, 21.5), who is averaging ~15% more points per game than Carr (19.1; at least, in my 4 pt passing TD, -2 fumble/int, normal scoring league). Starting Carr over Brady or Cam when they're not up against someone like Denver or Carolina or St Louis or something is like the definition of getting too cute :)

Edit: And just to add, since I have the tab open for that league: Minnesota defense gives up 16.5 points per game to QBs (4th lowest), Tennessee gives up 21 per game (17th), and NYG gives up 24 per game (28th). I didn't go to the effort to see which QBs each had played, but I think it's pretty clear you should start the best QB against the most generous defense for QBs!

sourdough fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 10, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Trade deadline coming up and guy in 10th place with a slim chance of making playoffs is opening up his team for trades, but his team isn't great besides a couple players.

Full PPR with return yards
His

QB: Wilson
RB: Blount, Hill, David Johnson
WR: D. Thomas, Amendola, Wallace, Wright, Hankerson, Cruz
TE: Cameron

Mine

QB: Newton
RB: Gurley, West, Lacy, Bernard, Langford
WR: A. Brown, Dez, Snead, Hilton, Aiken, Jordy(IR keeper)
TE: Graham

His team is in real rough shape and tbh only Thomas and Blount have value to me.

Would an offer of Bernard, Lacy, Langford, Hilton, and Aiken for Thomas and Blount be fair? Am i overpaying or is it insulting?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vargo posted:

So Denver D pretty much falls under DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS, right? Because I've also got St. Louis D and playing them against the terrible Chicago team sounds better than playing Denver against the pretty good Chiefs.

I play em every week even on their bye. (For real)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Do I need to sell Gore now that Luck is dead?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

89 posted:

Do I need to sell Gore now that Luck is dead?

Hasselback will prolly rely on Gore quite a bit as a fast check down.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Should I drop Giovanni Bernard for Karlos Williams?

Also, should I just roll out Greg Olsen in my flex every week since I have Eifert and they've both been consistent?

Who are you keeping if you're dropping Giovanni Bernard?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Forever_Peace posted:

A+ for getting depth though. This is the perfect example of how you should draft.

Got me thinking about where we're at with Rounds 1 & 2 this year and how they've been doing.

1st Round (by ADP)
1.01 - A. Peterson - Trucking along. He's the 5th highest scoring RB in my league right now.
1.02 - L. Bell - Dead.
1.03 - E. Lacy - Bust. Only averaging 7.6 fp/g in my PPR league.
1.04 - A. Brown - Living up to the hype although he's #2 behind Julio only because Big Ben has been out a number of games. Still a Stud.
1.05 - J. Charles - Dead.
1.06 - M. Lynch - TBD. He's been fighting some mild injuries but he's not in Lacy Bust territory.
1.07 - D. Bryant - Previously Dead. Remains to be seen if his resurrection will be sustained by the continued absence of Romo.
1.08 - J. Jones - Current #1 WR in our league. Aside from a couple of bad games in Weeks 4 & 5, the man has produced 20 point games every week. Stud.
1.09 - CJ Anderson - loving lol.
1.10 - D. Thomas - Still a WR1 but a low end one due to Manning's lessened play this year. Stud.
1.11 - M. Forte - Dead.
1.12 - O. Beckham - Solid stud.
2.01 - R. Gronk - Stud.
2.02 - J. Hill - His numbers say bust but he's really a victim of the number of weapons the Bengals have right now. He's got talent but so do a dozen other guys on the Bengals.
2.03 - D. Murray - While not the second coming of McCoy, he's doing quite well for himself. Stud.
2.04 - C. Johnson - Still has flashes of talent but he's been really hampered this year by poor team play and some nagging injuries. Mid-grade bust.
2.05 - A. Luck - Literally butchered on field.
2.06 - A. Green - Stud but see Hill above.
2.07 - L. McCoy - Mild-bust. Being on the Bills has hurt his numbers a bit more than expected.
2.08 - J. Forsett - As expected, low-end RB1 stud.
2.09 - R. Cobb - Mild-Bust. Was expected to do so much more with Jordy out.
2.10 - A. Rodgers - Remains a stud despite depleted weapons.
2.11 - L. Miller - Stud despite slow start.
2.12 - T. Hilton - Luck's butchering has negatively weighed on Hilton. Less studly than expected.

Just a surprising number of dead people in the first round.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hill is a bust. Plain and simple. He may be talented which makes him hold value in keeper/dynasty formats but he's a complete bust so far this year for where you drafted him. Not YOU specifically, the "royal" you.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Thwomp posted:

Got me thinking about where we're at with Rounds 1 & 2 this year and how they've been doing.

1st Round (by ADP)
1.01 - A. Peterson - Trucking along. He's the 5th highest scoring RB in my league right now.
1.02 - L. Bell - Dead.
1.03 - E. Lacy - Bust. Only averaging 7.6 fp/g in my PPR league.
1.04 - A. Brown - Living up to the hype although he's #2 behind Julio only because Big Ben has been out a number of games. Still a Stud.
1.05 - J. Charles - Dead.
1.06 - M. Lynch - TBD. He's been fighting some mild injuries but he's not in Lacy Bust territory.
1.07 - D. Bryant - Previously Dead. Remains to be seen if his resurrection will be sustained by the continued absence of Romo.
1.08 - J. Jones - Current #1 WR in our league. Aside from a couple of bad games in Weeks 4 & 5, the man has produced 20 point games every week. Stud.
1.09 - CJ Anderson - loving lol.
1.10 - D. Thomas - Still a WR1 but a low end one due to Manning's lessened play this year. Stud.
1.11 - M. Forte - Dead.
1.12 - O. Beckham - Solid stud.
2.01 - R. Gronk - Stud.
2.02 - J. Hill - His numbers say bust but he's really a victim of the number of weapons the Bengals have right now. He's got talent but so do a dozen other guys on the Bengals.
2.03 - D. Murray - While not the second coming of McCoy, he's doing quite well for himself. Stud.
2.04 - C. Johnson - Still has flashes of talent but he's been really hampered this year by poor team play and some nagging injuries. Mid-grade bust.
2.05 - A. Luck - Literally butchered on field.
2.06 - A. Green - Stud but see Hill above.
2.07 - L. McCoy - Mild-bust. Being on the Bills has hurt his numbers a bit more than expected.
2.08 - J. Forsett - As expected, low-end RB1 stud.
2.09 - R. Cobb - Mild-Bust. Was expected to do so much more with Jordy out.
2.10 - A. Rodgers - Remains a stud despite depleted weapons.
2.11 - L. Miller - Stud despite slow start.
2.12 - T. Hilton - Luck's butchering has negatively weighed on Hilton. Less studly than expected.

Just a surprising number of dead people in the first round.

and this is why the no rb draft strategy has never done me wrong.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hill is a bust. Plain and simple. He may be talented which makes him hold value in keeper/dynasty formats but he's a complete bust so far this year for where you drafted him. Not YOU specifically, the "royal" you.

Yeah, there's no caveat about Bengals having more weapons or whatever. Gio Bernard has outplayed him almost every game. He's on pace for like ~700 total yards, Gio's on pace for ~1300. Goal line TDs are the only thing keeping Hill at all afloat; half his total fantasy points are TDs! I was really psyched when I got him at pick 13 in a standard scoring league, haha.

Also, I know they aren't 1st or 2nd round busts, but there's some other awesome names in the first 4 or 5 rounds. Drafting and holding Foster (RIP) to get like two games out of him, Davante Adams, Andre Johnson, and Charles Johnson drafted as WR2s, the Abdullah hype train that got up to like a top 50 ADP right before the season. Jordan Matthews, Melvin Gordon, Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham. Yahoo has Peyton as a top 50 pick :stare:

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 10, 2015

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Starks or Karlos Williams ROS for a 2QB standard league? I got outbid on D. Williams, and whiffed on picking up Langford. I now have the most FA money, but if I outbid the next highest guy by a buck (who I play this week) I probably won't have the money for the other. I'm trotting out Shane Vereen as my RB2, it's quite embarassing.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TommyGun85 posted:

and this is why the no rb draft strategy has never done me wrong.

Tell that to a no rb owner that went Dez -> Megatron this year

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

If I had seen my current roster at the start of the season, I would've been looking for new and exciting ways to spend a few hundred bucks. Now I'm just kind of crying in a corner and hoping they can pull it together down the stretch to win the consolation bracket:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB1: LeSean McCoy
RB2: Eddie Lacy
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Odell Beckham Jr.
RB/WR: Jeremy Hill
TE: Charles Clay

Bench: James Starks, Karlos WIlliams, Derek Carr, Ameer Abdullah, Tavon Austin

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RBs are the lifeblood of fantasy. You goddamn kids and your Zero RB nonsense.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Starks or Karlos Williams ROS for a 2QB standard league? I got outbid on D. Williams, and whiffed on picking up Langford. I now have the most FA money, but if I outbid the next highest guy by a buck (who I play this week) I probably won't have the money for the other. I'm trotting out Shane Vereen as my RB2, it's quite embarassing.

Williams. Shady has been dealing with nagging injuries and has been generally underwhelming, so starter potential is more real for Williams. That being said, even when Shady is on the field Willliams still produces like a high end RB2, so the floor is much higher than Starks' either way. That's doubly true in the admittedly off chance that Lacy turns it all around and reasserts himself as the bellcow back.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 10, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
So now is the time to try to sell Langford, yes? He's got the Rams and then Broncos and then Forte is probably back.

I'd only potentially regret moving him if the Bears are going to shut Forte down.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Gobias Ind. posted:

So now is the time to try to sell Langford, yes? He's got the Rams and then Broncos and then Forte is probably back.

I'd only potentially regret moving him if the Bears are going to shut Forte down.

Doesn't hurt to shop him around.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
FanDuel and Draft Kings have been declared illegal in New York by the Attorny General and have been told to cease operations immediately.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

Williams. Shady has been dealing with nagging injuries and has been generally underwhelming, so starter potential is more real for Williams. That being said, even when Shady is on the field Willliams still produces like a high end RB2, so the floor is much higher than Starks' either way. That's doubly true in the admittedly off chance that Lacy turns it all around and reasserts himself as the bellcow back.

I think I agree with you, but would temper expectations on Karlos. So many of Williams' points have been from scoring a touchdown every game. That should regress a bit, right? He can't keep being startable as a low end RB2 or high end flex even with McCoy healthy (or can he?!). Also McCoy has been a bit underwhelming, but 4.4 ypc, decent job in the passing game, and supposedly finally fully healthy means I don't think anyone should expect Karlos to take over.

Lacy has been far more underwhelming than McCoy, and Starks has been a quality real life backup. Seems more likely that Lacy loses more work than McCoy does from here on out, imo. The main thing, though, is that it isn't like it's happened too often that Starks has had great games when Lacy hasn't. Some of it is down to Lacy being awful, but typically both of them have been unproductive. Starks has only had >4 ypc in two games.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TommyGun85 posted:

FanDuel and Draft Kings have been declared illegal in New York by the Attorny General and have been told to cease operations immediately.

Lol. Isn't that their headquarters, too?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zypher posted:

Lol. Isn't that their headquarters, too?

I don't know but hilariously there's a DFS "convention" here this weekend too.

E: ahahaha, all the big DFS guys on twitter are acting like petulant children B-B--BBBBBBUT NY HAS A LOTTO

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

LmaoTheKid posted:

I don't know but hilariously there's a DFS "convention" here this weekend too.

E: ahahaha, all the big DFS guys on twitter are acting like petulant children B-B--BBBBBBUT NY HAS A LOTTO

Once you became a multi-billion dollar corporation, you should've immediately begun contributing significantly to every major politician you could. If they get themselves banned, it'll be their own damned fault. :v:

• Locked thread