Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
This is the worst DBZ thread because you goons suck at posting actual news.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/11/10/toonami-asia-to-premiere-exclusive-super-english-dub-in-2016/

quote:

Toonami Faithful reports that Toonami (Asia) has announced via a press release that they have acquired the distribution rights to premiere the first international broadcast of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia and India. In addition to being the first international release, the broadcast will feature the first English-language dub of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can finally watch this bad show as it was meant to be watched.

With Ian Sinclair

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Who knew almost 20 years later Toonami and DBZ would still be here for us

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Webbeh posted:

This is the worst DBZ thread because you goons suck at posting actual news.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/11/10/toonami-asia-to-premiere-exclusive-super-english-dub-in-2016/

Can't wait for awkward, miscast voiceovers left and right

Also we're never getting the rest of Kai dubbed are we :smith:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
And it'll mark the first time that a Funimation dub of a DB series will be running concurrently with its Japanese counterpart, albeit probably 50 episodes behind.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Awesome Welles posted:

Also we're never getting the rest of Kai dubbed are we :smith:

Buu Kai has been dubbed in other regions for a while, too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vegeta's change clearly occurred after he decided to sacrifie himself against Buu. After that, including the very last parts of DBZ, he is never once an rear end in a top hat in a "bad person" way and actively works together with Goku and tries to save the Earth/people. After that point, he has (this might have changed after he also got the SSGSSJ stuff in Resurrection of F) completely accepted that Goku is just stronger than him and he no longer has the extremely stubborn pride that characterized him for all of the series prior. I feel like it's not inconsistent that he's a different person now than he was before the whole Majin debacle.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He still wants to get stronger than Goku at least.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Remember that when you die in DBZ world, your soul is purified so you can be reincarnated. That's what Janemba was created from. All the bad poo poo they washed from the trillions of souls in history. So Vegeta came back "purified" after Buu.

Why they didn't do this to Frieza...Toriyama forgot.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Reinanigans posted:

Remember that when you die in DBZ world, your soul is purified so you can be reincarnated. That's what Janemba was created from. All the bad poo poo they washed from the trillions of souls in history. So Vegeta came back "purified" after Buu.

Where was this stated? Also Janemba is non-canon.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Where can I watch the Buu Kai episodes with subtitles?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Reinanigans posted:

Eh, but he clearly changed before dying (thus the whole "sacrificing himself" thing happening in the first place). Also, not sure where this was ever stated?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Reinanigans posted:

It takes a long time to get purified, thus the torments, and guess how motherfuckin evil goddamn FRIEZA is?

couple million years of hell evil.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Evil purification is non-canon. Canon is keeping your body, being reincarnated, or going to hell. Just like Chinese belief which DBZ cribs from.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

we already have this

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ruggington posted:

we already have this

Sure, but Granny Goku is here to stay.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Finally watched Resurrection F and now I really really want a Jaco/Krillin buddy-cop galactic adventure.

You hear me, Toei/Toriyama? Make it happen!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin being the first human to join the Galactic Police would own

he would get to be the Goku to all his Galactic Policeman buddies' z-fighters at long last

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Krillen would never go into space because his wife and daughter are on Earth.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kelp Plankton posted:

Krillin being the first human to join the Galactic Police would own

he would get to be the Goku to all his Galactic Policeman buddies' z-fighters at long last

krillin is commander shepard confirmed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Krillen would never go into space because his wife and daughter are on Earth.

18 would make him go if the salary is good enough.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly Krillin, 18, and Marron should all go together. Krillin and 18 can be a husband and wife space cop cool person team together, and Marron can be a cool space cop person in training and learn to save the universe. Jaco will be there too and will occasionally train Marron personally.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

18 would make him go if the salary is good enough.

I hear the benefits are out of this world.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Fowl posted:

I hear the benefits are out of this world.

Why did you do this

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Agoat posted:

Why did you do this

It's a really terrible pun. Foul you might say.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Covok posted:

Evil purification is non-canon. Canon is keeping your body, being reincarnated, or going to hell. Just like Chinese belief which DBZ cribs from.

They purify the soul before reincarnating it, though. Vegeta actually asks Piccolo what will happen to his soul before his sacrifice and he says that. It's what happened to Buu's after all.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I thought Uub only happened because of some weird thing about Goku wanting to see him come back except good

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Petiso posted:

They purify the soul before reincarnating it, though. Vegeta actually asks Piccolo what will happen to his soul before his sacrifice and he says that. It's what happened to Buu's after all.

I don't know why he bothered asking, he died way back against Freeza, so he should know either way.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mmkay posted:

I don't know why he bothered asking, he died way back against Freeza, so he should know either way.
I think usually you don't know what's going on when you're dead. The Z Fighters got a special exemption. I guess maybe Freeza did too for osme reason, or he just got Super Hell because.. well... he kind of deserved Super Hell.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Enourmo posted:

krillin is commander shepard confirmed

Game of the year

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like that Vegeta/Goku are now just Krillen/Goku back from early Dragon Ball.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Except goku might be the krillin

VEGETA

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I don't know how you're not getting it, Goku will always be the Goku, nothing will change. It's been 30 years man keep up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
That means Vegeta gets like 5-10 years tops before he gets relegated to the C-list and some other former villian takes his place.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Raxivace posted:

Honestly Krillin, 18, and Marron should all go together. Krillin and 18 can be a husband and wife space cop cool person team together, and Marron can be a cool space cop person in training and learn to save the universe. Jaco will be there too and will occasionally train Marron personally.

This sounds mondo cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Vegeta and Goku, best buds 4ever

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like how it's basically guaranteed at this point that Vegeta got Super Saiyan God and its extensions through training. It feels like a nice take that! to Goku.

I still think it would be more interesting if Vegeta obtained a non-SSJGod form instead, like some kind of SSJ3 that isn't stupid looking and only possible to maintain for short periods of time. then they can change the end of the RoF fight and have that be the 'whoa cool new transformation reveal' as he proceeds to obliterate Frieza with it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Going to be that guy and remind people that Toriyama firmly feels the Dragonball franchise is the story of Goku and focuses on his exploits. Other people can have moments, but Goku will almost always be the hero. Gohan was a fluke since he was supposed to take the reigns, but Toriyama pulled back on it. The series ends with Goku going to train Uub because that's when Goku stops being a student and starts being a teacher thus is the end of his training and, by extension, character.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Covok posted:

Going to be that guy and remind people that Toriyama firmly feels the Dragonball franchise is the story of Goku and focuses on his exploits. Other people can have moments, but Goku will almost always be the hero. Gohan was a fluke since he was supposed to take the reigns, but Toriyama pulled back on it. The series ends with Goku going to train Uub because that's when Goku stops being a student and starts being a teacher thus is the end of his training and, by extension, character.

Toriyama's a chump, Goku's a chump, I'm a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Toriyama's a chump, Goku's a chump, I'm a lot better

I feel a lot of people on the internet have this opinion about the shows they like.

• Locked thread