Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Darth TNT posted:

Still watching TF: Prime.
Breakdown had the worst death I've ever seen. "drat, my hammer is stuck if only I had a shoulder mounted laser/rocket cannon or maybe a second hand and why am I even using a hammer when swords appear to be the only thing that are effective in combat." Why did he have to die?

Just wait.

quote:

How exactly is Bulkhead supposed to be an awesome wrecker? The only things he has beaten thus far are: vehicons (don't really count) and a Starscream clone. Sure he ran around with some toxic energon, but still his track record is less than stellar.

He always seemed like the newbie wrecker to me.

One of Prime's issues was the odd kill count imbalance as well, The Deceptcons killed basically everyone that died, except the vehicons, including their own members. I think the only actual Autobot kill was from one of the human characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Rhyno posted:

You've got him in hand? Where did you buy from?

Yeah, in hand. I got him on eBay from user smartlulup2010. I can post some pictures later today when I get home if you'd like.

Am I the first one in the thread to get one? I thought I'd be late to the party. I've sort of stopped following the thread as much.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, I wish Sunsurge would drop. I've been holding my POL for like half a year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

BTW if anyone still had some doubts, the Abominus powerpoint slides are confirmed fake, some dude came out and said he did it to raise some Abominus awareness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah, in hand. I got him on eBay from user smartlulup2010. I can post some pictures later today when I get home if you'd like.

Am I the first one in the thread to get one? I thought I'd be late to the party. I've sort of stopped following the thread as much.

I was waiting on Sirtoys to get it. Well now he's saying his allotment is delayed and WeiJiang is sold out of the first batch. The original MP-10 KOs sell for $200 when they pop up and I can easily see this guy doing the same thing so I think I'm gonna grab one from Ebay. How long did yours take to ship?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I was waiting on Sirtoys to get it. Well now he's saying his allotment is delayed and WeiJiang is sold out of the first batch. The original MP-10 KOs sell for $200 when they pop up and I can easily see this guy doing the same thing so I think I'm gonna grab one from Ebay. How long did yours take to ship?

Quite a while, actually. I think I ordered it a month ago and it got here (Missouri) on Saturday.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

BTW if anyone still had some doubts, the Abominus powerpoint slides are confirmed fake, some dude came out and said he did it to raise some Abominus awareness.

I'm disappointed but I kind of like that guy's balls.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, he kinda proved his point that people get pumped for Abominus.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I signed up for the secret santa thing but I'm not really sure what to post here as I have a fuckton of toys already and most of the things I covet are too expensive but last year's secret santa where I got a poster, cassette tape and some McChangeables was really cool and thinking out of the box.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

Quite a while, actually. I think I ordered it a month ago and it got here (Missouri) on Saturday.

Did you get an immediate shipping notice? Some guys on TFW got theirs in like 10 days but never linked who they bought them through.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

I signed up for the secret santa thing but I'm not really sure what to post here as I have a fuckton of toys already and most of the things I covet are too expensive but last year's secret santa where I got a poster, cassette tape and some McChangeables was really cool and thinking out of the box.

Yeah, I got some awesome stuff last year from my Santa. Though I felt bad for my Santa, cause Kansas has poo poo thrift stores. I literally got the only two decent TF toys I'd ever seen in a thrift store for him, and it still felt kind of "meh." At least I got him the Waspinator he wanted.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

They are men with noble hearts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If anyone wants a SDCC Metroplex there is a dude selling one for $250 shipped in this group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cybertroncafe/?fref=nf

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, he kinda proved his point that people get pumped for Abominus.
You can throw a rock and hit any random G1 nonsense, someone will get pumped up for it. I mean outside of Tape Reaper, who is still lightning candles at his Gnaw shrine as we speak.

Do you want me to make up a slide of Headmaster Metalhawk, except we'll claim they lost the trademark and had to go with 'metallichawk' because I bet you someone will get super pumped for that too. Just super stroked for Headmastering Metallichawk.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gammatron 64 posted:

last year's secret santa where I got a poster, cassette tape and some McChangeables was really cool and thinking out of the box.

See, that's really cool thinking from your Santa! Go outside the norms! That's why I've given a month between being assigned and last posting day, so people can really think about stuff, and get creative.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Gammatron 64 posted:

Generally, the point of gift giving is that you get something you wouldn't necessarily get for your self. Otherwise just give cash or gift certificates. The upside is that you occasionally get something awesome that you would never have thought of, never realized you liked or wanted. The downside is that you often get socks.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I was originally not going to join Secret Santa this year but it seems fun. Additionally I have a few old guys that could use a knew home to appreciate them.

What is the policy on gifting preowned stuff? I know there are price guide lines so I could figure out what I'm gifting is worth if that's the main thing.

Wouldn't gift anything broken or incomplete of course.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Do you want me to make up a slide of Headmaster Metalhawk, except we'll claim they lost the trademark and had to go with 'metallichawk' because I bet you someone will get super pumped for that too. Just super stroked for Headmastering Metallichawk.

Yes please I look forward to seeing it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am excited for the pre-paint Leader Headmaster Titan Wars Autobot Metallic Hawk (R)(TM), did you see it on Facebook too?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well poo poo. My Menasor shoulder locks arrive and within five minutes the peg snapped off one of them. What a real bummer.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

strangehamster posted:

I am excited for the pre-paint Leader Headmaster Titan Wars Autobot Metallic Hawk (R)(TM), did you see it on Facebook too?

Metalhawk is one of those rare times I am rooting for a bitchin deluxe or small voyager. I would really like one that scales well with Overlord.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
When will we the rest of the Titan Wars Wave 1 deluxes?

I am really hoping they have less retools than combiner wars and more unique/original molds.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Totally forgot to mention that I would do fantastic things to any secret Santa that got me Nonnef's Blackjack and/or Rodimus Connectors and/or the Motormaster hip replacements.

DisposableHero posted:

What is the policy on gifting preowned stuff? I know there are price guide lines so I could figure out what I'm gifting is worth if that's the main thing.

I know I only got one thing still in it's box last year (which I never took out of the package, for no reason, a Commemorative Series Skids, it just looks so nice in it's box). I thought it was fine to have opened guys, less package tearing to get to the fun of transforming them.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Did you get an immediate shipping notice? Some guys on TFW got theirs in like 10 days but never linked who they bought them through.

I did. But it was like a window of like 10/15-11/23 or something like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

I did. But it was like a window of like 10/15-11/23 or something like that.

Right on, I got mine about 3 hours after I paid with a pretty vast window as well. But a dude on TFW just answered my inquiry and he got his in 17 days from the same seller.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I don't think I did SS last year, but I think the last one I did, my Santa gave me a Skullcruncher, which is about the only G1 figure I'd have actually wanted and I didn't even know I did. Mechanical animals are cool.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was going to photoshop Metalhawk into dickbutt for you but I think I should probably keep trying to paint these blighted legionnaires into Mindwipe colors. That was just a dick joke anyway.

realtalk though it would be nice if they'd take some of the pretenders and just make them into headmasters. Many of the pretenders are cool, but the pretenders concept itself is sort of lacking. Making them headmasters allows you to make the headmaster resemble the original core robot, but then have a cooler outer robot form that better hybridizes the two "robots". So joking aside, Metalhawk as a headmaster would own.

I'm not hoping for much more, past what we've seen, than Minerva and Fort Max though. I'm not even sure I want the inevitable Spacebus repaint, given how weird Astrotrain as headmaster feels. Unless the headmaster is like, Couch.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I just finished playing with 3P Impactor (Spartan?) for like an entire hour. I don't feel like writing up a review other than "it's real good." But if anyone has any questions or anything I'd be happy to help. :)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

I need more strategies!

Have you tried the long bomb?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Just to be clear, Sirtoys IS definitely getting it, it's just delayed?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Save20 gets you 20% off everything in the Hasbro online store, including Devastator I believe. If you're looking for some cheaper Combiner Wars dudes, there's your jam. 30 bucks off Devs ain't nothing to sneeze at.

edit: also this thing for 60 bucks, I guess.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Invictus posted:

Save20 gets you 20% off everything in the Hasbro online store, including Devastator I believe. If you're looking for some cheaper Combiner Wars dudes, there's your jam. 30 bucks off Devs ain't nothing to sneeze at.

edit: also this thing for 60 bucks, I guess.

I would do a group buy on one of those to get the Arcee, but I'm pretty sure Arcee is the one everybody would want so that wouldn't work so well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Interestingly the SDCC Kreo Class of 85 is still available to buy on HTS as well. Considering the Class of 84 sold out incredibly quickly, that's quite a surprise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

Just to be clear, Sirtoys IS definitely getting it, it's just delayed?

He said he's still expecting them and he will still beat the $100 price tag.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I just finished playing with 3P Impactor (Spartan?) for like an entire hour. I don't feel like writing up a review other than "it's real good." But if anyone has any questions or anything I'd be happy to help. :)
Plastic quality in line with their fembots?

Transformation not loving retarded like the fembots? I was considering him, with the former being a huge plus but the latter being a major downer. Salvia feels great in hand but transforming her is beyond sonic drill levels of gently caress this.

On the other hand I'm still pretty tempted to collect the FP dinos if Severo turns out well.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

Spiderdrake posted:

Transformation not loving retarded like the fembots? I was considering him, with the former being a huge plus but the latter being a major downer. Salvia feels great in hand but transforming her is beyond sonic drill levels of gently caress this.

On the other hand I'm still pretty tempted to collect the FP dinos if Severo turns out well.

The MMC Impactor is great, the transformation is actually refreshingly simple and fun. There's a couple of weird questionably necessary hinge-y bits that are easy to forget during transformation (the swiveling upper thigh panels are particularly puzzling) but overall he's my favorite third party toy in a while.

Plastic quality seems good to me, but what do I know.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't have their fembots, sorry. I'd put it at about...Citizen Stack/iGear Ratchet/3P flipchangers/Mania King level? Not quite 3P Ironfist or Toyworld Headmaster levels.

I really like the transformation. It feels like the kind of scheme/engineering that a legit voyager would have (for the most part). The alt more is a bit dumb, because you end up with an otherwise pretty cool tank that has a tiiiiiiny li'l duckbill cannon on top. But if you can deal with how it looks in photos, you'll be find with it in person.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The MMC fembots are awful but Impactor is nothing like them.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I am now pissed off I didn't order MMC Impactor when I had the chance (or money). Instead I'm stuck with MP Rodimus & Shockwave come January :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Goldskull posted:

I am now pissed off I didn't order MMC Impactor when I had the chance (or money). Instead I'm stuck with MP Rodimus & Shockwave come January :qq:
If you preordered MP Rodimus and Shockwave from one of the Japanese sites you got them cheaper.

MMC stuff doesn't go out of stock for a couple months nowadays and they re-stock some of it, so I'd imagine you can probably get him if not cheaper in the next few months.