Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also when they tried to retcon parts of the main story in the dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

the bloom was so bad that you literally couldn't read the fist-sized letters on a wooden sign because it was exposed to sunlight

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

also when they tried to retcon parts of the main story in the dlc
this is what i mean by it probably being better as a comic book, because it has a typical comic book level story

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

this is what i mean by it probably being better as a comic book, because it has a typical comic book level story

lol if you thinhk video game writing is any better than comic book writing

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
um excuse me they're graphic novels

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

dont make me find arkhamcitygreektragedy.txt

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Shaggar posted:

also remember that one time you could use the electricity plasmid to open a door that wasn't on the main path and then the mechanic was never used again for any plasmid?

there's a small room you open in the graveyard with the fire plasmid by lighting torches but yeah :/

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i stopped playing bioshock when it became apparent that the main point was to bond with a video game waifu

that is only ok in games like ico where it isnt sexualized

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the video game waifu was great. litterrally a disney princess

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dont you FEEL for this video game character?

is this a thing?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Endless Mike posted:

except i've never had a comic book grab my head and force me to watch something

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

the video game waifu was great. litterrally a disney princess

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAD TO KILL A MAN

*hands you more ammo*

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
best video game story is robotron 2084

fuckin robots are going crazy blow them up and save humans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Awia posted:

my dad invited my gf to play wow and now they're playing wow together

do you make him wear a condom or does your dad rawdog your gf

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ahmeni posted:

there's a small room you open in the graveyard with the fire plasmid by lighting torches but yeah :/

plz dont remind me o fthe ghost mom fight

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
oh dear god fallout 4 made the main character an actual character

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

fallout 4 review:

it is exactly what you expect from a bethesda game entitled "fallout 4", for better and for worse

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Notorious QIG posted:

fallout 4 review:

it is exactly what you expect from a bethesda game entitled "fallout 4", for better and for worse

I would say that it is both much better and much worse than your typical Bethesda game

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol at payin $60 for a bethesda game at release

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

let me tell you about box copy morrowind

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

it had a map. worth it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dork soles 3 has a cloth map and costs too much
so ofc i want it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol at payin $60 for any game at release

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Clockwerk posted:

it had a map. worth it

I threw away that map when i was in college and cool but now that im old and lame again I really wish I still had it because it was pretty fuckin cool

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i still have the neverwinter nights map and wow the map is super low quality like they took a 800x600 jpg and put it to print

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's really funny how long they figured out that they could just take the cheap swag they were putting in game boxes in the 90s for free and charge an extra 20-40 bucks for it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also funny that they figured out that they could do the same thing with digital versions of games and people would pay the same amount even though all they're getting is like a pdf and some mp3s that you can usually just get from the game's directory

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Liver Disaster posted:

dork soles 3 has a cloth map and costs too much
so ofc i want it

whoa really??? i may have to purchase

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i say after prepurchasing dark souls 2 worked out so well for me

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Panty Saluter posted:

i say after prepurchasing dark souls 2 worked out so well for me

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-release-date-two-collectors-editions-/1100-6432133/
the prices are bonkers, just a warning

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

jesus. and i thought 150 for skyrim collectors edition was nutty. 500 usd for a game and a doll :wtc:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

fallout 4 status

- my god how can something this simple need this much from the hardware
- my god the shoot feel has finally improved, even if it's from "unacceptably bad Oblivion total conversion" to "shaky like Bioshock"
- not too impressed with the return to "+20% damage, rank 1/5" perks
- constantly running into little rough edges in the UI that were designed console first
- the most major upgrade so far seems to be the user experience of looting houses and gunshot victims

rummaging through a room has the pace of rummaging through drawers instead of waiting for locker animations to complete and inventory screens to load and all of the useless crap cluttering the place is actually potentially useful if you know how. i mean this falls flat if it turns out crafting is a pointless waste of time, but this is a huge thing for a pile of bethesda. you don't spend your time training yourself to pick out the actual items from between the inert heavy 1gp editor props anymore

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
armour coming in mix and match pieces again is cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I realized that with all the robopeople and high tech institute stuff, fallout 4 would make a good base for a cyberpunk tc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also the music is pretty much the same so I hope you like bingo bango bongo

the radio DJ who berates himself on air is good though

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Al! posted:

also funny that they figured out that they could do the same thing with digital versions of games and people would pay the same amount even though all they're getting is like a pdf and some mp3s that you can usually just get from the game's directory
used to visit so many fansites to figure out where to go to rip things (or to download a thing they already ripped and uploaded)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Phoenixan posted:

used to visit so many fansites to figure out where to go to rip things (or to download a thing they already ripped and uploaded)

it was a major triumph when i finally tracked down the soundtrack to afterlife, the lucasarts sim game nobody else seems to have played

• Locked thread