Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

2house2fly posted:

To be fair that's just one of three ways it can play out, I think you can also hack Liberty Prime to destroy the Brotherhood or blow it up outright if you side with the institute.

True, I just wish Bethesda had done something different for it with the Brotherhood.

Have Liberty Prime punt cars onto the battlefield as a makeshift artillery piece. They already have the framework in place with the Minutemen artillery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Unrelated to the current discussion, do Feral Ghouls respawn (or just spawn depending where the player goes) in the Super Duper Mart or whatever it's called? Because holy poo poo there's a lot of them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

2house2fly posted:

To be fair that's just one of three ways it can play out, I think you can also hack Liberty Prime to destroy the Brotherhood or blow it up outright if you side with the institute.

Man, I just blew up their stupid airship with a stealth mission. Best outcome.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
This thread is moving extremely fast. Is there a way I can disable the "if you don't do X% damage to a NPC, you get 0 XP" thing with companions? I'm finding myself increasingly annoyed by it.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Lamquin posted:

This thread is moving extremely fast. Is there a way I can disable the "if you don't do X% damage to a NPC, you get 0 XP" thing with companions? I'm finding myself increasingly annoyed by it.

You can leave companions behind.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

So uh how do I get my companions to actually wear the armor I give them

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Superstring posted:

Is there a way to scrap items that don't show up in work benches besides dropping them on the ground and doing it through build mode?

I think you should be able to put them in the workshop but I think that requires you to drop them on the ground anyways...

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I got a super mutant to drop a synth arm armor piece, only to find that it's invisible on my player armor. God bless you Bethesda.

The game auto scraps items.

He's talking about stuff like fedoras or suits that can't be modified.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I opened a vault-tec lunchbox and a bit of confetti flew out with a party horn noise. :toot:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

So uh how do I get my companions to actually wear the armor I give them

With dogmeat you need to trade with him and then there should be an equip key listed over armour in his inventory. He can wear bandannas and stuff.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

LumberingTroll posted:

Dogmeat is equipped and ready to party. :smugdog:

Dog Armor
Skull bandanna
Spike Muzzle
Doggles.

How do you equip dog armor on dogmeat?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

If I dump my junk at a workstation, is it only available at that workstation? same with building materials, I don't want to lug junk all over the place just to build things.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

OwlFancier posted:

With dogmeat you need to trade with him and then there should be an equip key listed over armour in his inventory. He can wear bandannas and stuff.

Why don't they just wear it :psyduck:

Whatever thanks.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I opened a vault-tec lunchbox and a bit of confetti flew out with a party horn noise. :toot:

Me too! I had a tiny robot dude pop out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I am having the best time running around scavenging parts to build better and better guns and drugs and science poo poo :science:

Fallout 4: Junkyard Wars

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How I feel about needing to rescue my son:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kXXTMcYvKoE&t=20

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notorious QIG posted:

Whatever thanks.

I think because in older games they'd default to equipping the best quality stuff they had on hand and you don't necessarily want that if you're giving them a whole bunch of stuff.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MisterBibs posted:

I never spent eight hours walking through Cazadore alley. Didn't have to, I modded half the preventing-sandbox-play Cazadores away.

They objectively didn't prevent a single thing, you are incredibly unwell and not of sound mind. Please do not lie to myself and my friends on the internet anymore. Namaste.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

Whatever thanks.

I think the assumption is that you may want to play dressup with your mans and may also want them to just carry stuff. Once you set it up it shouldn't change.

Essentially the system allows you to play dog dressup simulator 2016 so it's a good one, though it could be more transparent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

Whatever thanks.

Because then they'd default to wearing the equipment with the best stats even if you don't want them to.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Could that guy really not get past the deathclaws and poo poo along the direct path to vegas?

Holycow how stupid do you gotta be.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
Alright I can't take it any more, story spoiler in the name of help Where the gently caress is Virgil in the glowing sea? I've found like four or five map markers and Virgil is at non of them, I've wasted so many power cores doing this.

Turns out I'm a loving retard and there was a quest marker there the entire time I didn't notice. gently caress.

Fergus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 11, 2015

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LOOK GUYS DONT ACTUALLY TELL ME WHY OK JUST LET ME SHAKE MY FIST AT BETHESDA

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just want to check, early brotherhood quest, They just invited me to join, will that lock me out of stuff because he was all " no more merc stuff young lady" and I'm just getting started.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Dan Didio posted:

They objectively didn't prevent a single thing

You're right, Cazadore pruning allowing the player to go any direction is more accurately described as a bug fix.

(pun not intended, although I wish it was.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

looooool all negative reviews on the store page http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I just got done sneaking through the area and heading to freeside to pull slots and get the +1 int implant like last night. Was piss easy.

Now sadly, I leveled up since I ran into like every bark scorpion ever and had to slash them up with my straight razor so I didn't get max int at level 1 but ya know whatever.

Frankenoodle
Jun 6, 2015

Everybody's talking at me
After looting a lot of junk from the Corvega factory, I learned some Fallout logic: Gears aren't gears. They are just steel.

Was trying to build some turrets at a new settlement. Now I have to travel back to Sanctuary and find some junk in my box that actually counts as gears. I wish your workshop inventory would let you sort by what components a piece of junk will give you. Your Pip-Boy inventory does. I suppose I could just Take All to help find things. Is there an easier way?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Found a way to make base building enjoyable: give your primary base 5000 of every crafting mat then run supply lines to it from everywhere else and build all their needs in one go never worry about it again except to setup artillery strikes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"This game is bad because I am incompetent"

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
I've been using the military cammies as my base uniform for the past 10 levels now. I really wish they hadn't locked you out from adding the shoulder, etc attachments to most of the clothing you find.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

OwlFancier posted:

looooool all negative reviews on the store page http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

It has like twice as many concurrent players as Skyrim peaked at.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

New Vegas represented Obsidian's attempt to argue that, in the modern age of gaming, they still know what Fallout is, or what's best for it. It's a statement that the West Coast of Fallout still matters, that there's still interesting threats to be had after Super Mutants and the Enclave are gone.

Unfortunately, it was made after a company that had just brought back from the pit of unacceptability/obscurity by a mainstream developer. And it worked. They made a Fallout better than its original developers could hope to do. The only reason Obsidian was allowed to make NV was because Bethesda did the heavy lifting of creating an acceptable Fallout 3. Obsidian tried that (iirc) and the result was Van Buren.

New Vegas, not 3 or 4, is a rejection of the soul of Fallout.

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Literally the first negative review I read was "the game's alright but flawed" which seems pretty reasonable?

Boogaleeboo posted:

Bethesda's AAA hype machine train really only started with Skyrim so it makes sense that inertia is pushing it forward.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah but "alright but flawed" might as well be Bethesda's company motto

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Boogaleeboo posted:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-has-more-players-than-any-other-game-on-/1100-6432146/

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

NecroMonster posted:

yeah but "alright but flawed" might as well be Bethesda's company motto

Still doesn't seem like a reason to go all "pfft idiots not appreciating the perfection that is Fallout 4 :rolleyes:"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So are there just not right arm pieces because of the Pip Boy or what. I have not found one in the like 25 armor pieces I have.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So I'm 12 hours into this loving game and I have not seen hide nor hair of a loving Power Fist. I'm level 16 and have some modded knuckles as my weapon, but where in gently caress's name is a goddamn Power Fist? Hell I'd settle for a Power Fist knockoff, or at least an unarmed weapon that wasn't knuckles or boxing gloves.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

NecroMonster posted:

I just got done sneaking through the area and heading to freeside to pull slots and get the +1 int implant like last night. Was piss easy.

Now sadly, I leveled up since I ran into like every bark scorpion ever and had to slash them up with my straight razor so I didn't get max int at level 1 but ya know whatever.

Imagine a world where if the enemies have a chance of killing you it means it's a bad Fallout game. Now open your eyes. You don't have to imagine any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but is there any way to hide your helmet in conversation?

• Locked thread