Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
bind mwheelup and mwheeldown to +attack and mash your mousewheel for autofire, best used with dualies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

alternatively click the mouse

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Minesweep posted:

alternatively click the mouse

do what on the what?

I just sell skins in this game

Actually lolw, I haven't played for over two weeks because MGS V is a good game and someone that added me during one of my soloqueues asked if I'm still playing; if not, can I send him my skins please. My items might be worth 5 eur?

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

dex_sda posted:

do what on the what?

I just sell skins in this game

Actually lolw, I haven't played for over two weeks because MGS V is a good game and someone that added me during one of my soloqueues asked if I'm still playing; if not, can I send him my skins please. My items might be worth 5 eur?

it feels good to buy games using only money made from csgo :getin:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

it also feels good not to be a moron obsessed with cosmetic items worth less than 15 minutes of my work

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Minesweep posted:

it feels good to buy games using only money made from csgo :getin:

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

i sold a shadow case to some idiot for $20 when it just got released smdh

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Can someone please post that image of the one goons keyboard layout who shoots with space?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I want another audiophile argument in this thread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Minesweep posted:

i sold a shadow case to some idiot for $20 when it just got released smdh
that might have been me, in which case i got a MW Frostside Misty and sold it for $100 profit since it was the only one on the market at the time, so who's the idiot now? :getin:

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

symbolic posted:

so who's the idiot now? :getin:

the guy who bought the ak

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Minesweep posted:

the guy who bought the ak
Yeah, he's the biggest idiot among us three.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I use a gamecom 788 because it reminds me of my teenage years before I discovered good headphones (and because getting a non poo poo mic to simulate headset mic is an awful process I intend to skip)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ranked up to LE, down ranked to DMG 24 hours later, :soloqueuelife:

At the point where I generally can't solo carry anymore unless the other team is bad or is bad vibesing themselves out of the game.

Also, the percentage of toxic people has gone way up, or my luck has run out, I can't decide which it is yet, maybe another 25 solo queue games will show me the way.

hackusations are as rampant as ever, get into a good groove for a round or two where I can't miss heads and other team goes crazy claiming hacks, but the nice thing is, it spawned my newest bind: "Pro Tip: Not Everyone Better Than You Is Hacking", it's fun prodding people after they're already clearly pissed off and having a bad game.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Any EU goons looking for people to play with? I guess add me on Steam if you want to. I'm finnish, SMFC or something, and bad at this video game. I haven't had time to play a lot recently, and it seems most of my CS buddies have migrated to other games after the XP rank requirement thingy hit and the newer players who weren't completely hooked already just stopped playing.

Also is the EU goonman server still going and if so, is there a thread for it or some handy place to check how to connect to it? I can't find it in the OP and the steam group chat is empty.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Whats with the new foot step sounds? Did this happen today? Sounds like I'm stomping around in high heels.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yup, new patch hit and it changed footsteps, and brought back sticker offers so now all those older stickers I had tanked in value :negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

nftyw posted:

Yup, new patch hit and it changed footsteps, and brought back sticker offers so now all those older stickers I had tanked in value :negative:

Why weren't you selling them? You had to know offers would come back.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I had hit the limit for items on the community market / wallet funds and their dumb smartphone app authenticator is a pain to use and eats battery. Plus an extra whammy of lazy. I was hoping they'd have had a new set of community stickers, but who am I trying to fool :v:

e:

Nice discount.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 11, 2015

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

i want stattrak hats

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Glove cosmetics are the next big thing

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Sniper Party posted:

Any EU goons looking for people to play with? I guess add me on Steam if you want to. I'm finnish, SMFC or something, and bad at this video game. I haven't had time to play a lot recently, and it seems most of my CS buddies have migrated to other games after the XP rank requirement thingy hit and the newer players who weren't completely hooked already just stopped playing.

Also is the EU goonman server still going and if so, is there a thread for it or some handy place to check how to connect to it? I can't find it in the OP and the steam group chat is empty.

Sent you an invite from my account called "okay" with a 1.6 smiley as avatar.

Also regarding headphone chat. If you wanna play like a pro you gotta be like a pro. That's why I use two headsets in my setup.

e: pretty cool that the flash is illuminating the white background under the keys making it look like the keyboard is on.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 11, 2015

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Ha, you are doing exactly what I did until about a month ago. I had a real lovely pair of Logitech combo headphones/mic that I would set underneath my monitor with the mic pointing at me and a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro's that I love. I then grabbed a ModMic since I was tired of everybody assume I was in a hurricane every time my air conditioning or heat turned on. I need to fiddle with the volume a little bit, but I love that I was able to keep my existing headphones and not buy into some lame combination.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
since no one posted them

quote:

SOUND

Increased fidelity and weight of jump land sound.
Landing sounds now play an additional sound depending on the surface.
3rd person footsteps are now slightly louder in relation to weapon sounds for increased positional clarity. (Further volume compression may be possible by enabling “sound normalization,” “volume equalization,” or a similar setting in your audio playback device properties)
New surface footstep sounds to reduce repetition and phasing as well as increasing listenability and positional clarity.
Concrete
Wood
Rubber
Snow
Glass
Grass
Mud
Dirt
Solid Metal
Metal Grate
Metal Chainlink
Fixed a bug where give_ammo sound was playing for every shotgun shell insertion animation.
Minor volume mix adjustments
(Note: For players using virtual surround sound, please be sure to set the audio settings in CSGO to 5.1 speakers.)
MISC

Awp now always un-zooms during reload animation
Misc player animation CPU performance optimizations
Overview icons can now be scaled with the convar mapoverview_icon_scale
STEAM CONTROLLER

Game now requires Steam Client to be updated as of Oct 14 2015 or later.
Added native support for the Steam Controller
DEDICATED SERVERS

Added concommand sv_setsteamaccount to specify Game Server Login Token. To create a GSLT go to http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers[2]

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Luna Was Here posted:

Awp now always un-zooms during reload animation

Finally

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

These new sounds are a bit interesting, gonna take a bit to get used to them.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Did they break GOTV with this update? My demos aren't behaving well and I'm missing the spectator overlay and such, too.

On an unrelated note, I had my first big awp flick to clutch a defuse, which was kind of cool. Would have been better if I hadn't been getting carried by kids who pushed every round and had terrible positioning and never stopped talking.

SealHammer fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 11, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thank god there's Steam Controller support.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I like the new sounds

e: :stare: http://oddshot.tv/shot/meclipse-201511118522805

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

WHAT THE gently caress

How is his team so bad.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 11, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Because they play like they are in a pug

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
they all suck in serious tournament environments.. shroud is probably the best ESEA pugger of all time, but that doesn't seem to transfer over to the pro scene

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Nerves probably play a part, going from internet dude to actually in front of people in a big tournament setting is probably an issue, and I would also guess that actually being a team that plays together X hours a week (X = some large number probably 40+) will make a difference.

*EDIT* didn't watch clip, still haven't, don't know if this is an actual live tournament or what, but point stands, nerves + real team vs PUG team.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Cloud9 had their best performance ever right before amphetamines were banned, and have been complete garbage ever since. Weird innit

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Antares posted:

Cloud9 had their best performance ever right before amphetamines were banned, and have been complete garbage ever since. Weird innit

Well yeah, as someone who had to take that stuff to try to be a normal functioning human being, things tend to get a little bit harder when you stop taking it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol if you don't smoke a ton of meth before playing CS.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

lol if you don't smoke a ton of meth, heroin and crack before playing CS.

fixed

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

MF_James posted:

Nerves probably play a part, going from internet dude to actually in front of people in a big tournament setting is probably an issue
mousesports.txt

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

You can do ridiculous poo poo in PUGs because there is no IGL. You can't do ridiculous poo poo in matches because 1. people aren't dogshit and 2. sgares won't let you pop flash A main and aim duel 3 dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

fennesz posted:

You can do ridiculous poo poo in PUGs because there is no IGL. You can't do ridiculous poo poo in matches because 1. people aren't dogshit and 2. sgares won't let you pop flash A main and aim duel 3 dudes.

Also when people freak out at shroud bhop aces or whatever they neglect to mention the times when 5 random idiots beat shroud and friends in a pug because everyones loving around trying to get some highlight reel poo poo, although, obviously they don't give a poo poo because it's a pug

but it's not 24 / 7 highlights

• Locked thread