Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

jojoinnit posted:

Lady on Wheel of Fortune has a son named Greyson.

Alaois posted:

one of the QBs for the Georgia Bulldogs (formerly of the Virginia Cavaliers) is Greyson Lambert

Another vote for "not that weird". That's the first name of an OBGYN in town here.

If I've met someone over 30 with the name, I no longer consider it a "wacky made-up name popular with Pinterest moms"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My kid's name is Grayson and he's 3, is it that weird?

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Today I met a Latrenda and a Dagmar. I know Dagmar's a Scandanavian thing, but jesus.

My grandmother's name is Dagmar! She was born in Croatia and lived most of her life in the Czech Republic, and also is almost 80. Definitely not common around here though :canada:

Content: More of an awesome name, but I was reading in one of my textbooks about a pioneering Canadian neurosurgeon named Skip Peerless.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Opopanax posted:

Is his dad's name Gray?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fullroundaction posted:

Is his dad's name Gray?

No, although we did have a mailman named Gray-hey wait a minute!

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
I have delivered so many Graysons/Greysons this year. It's been a big year for Graysons, Jacksons/Jaxens/Jacksyns, and Theodores.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I have an acquaintance from high school (who I haven't actually spoken to in 20 years but have on my facebook) who named her sons Grayson and Trig. She's forever associated with Sarah Palin in my brain now, and I hate to do that because she's really a very nice person :(

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

I'm more surprised by 'Anakin'.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

Lady on Wheel of Fortune has a son named Greyson.

This is what my cousin named his son.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Nah, I've heard plenty of people were 3 at some point.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

hyperhazard posted:

Husband met a Dr. Gert Kwakkel. It's probably a perfectly normal Dutch name, but I can't get over the fact that somewhere out there there's a Doctor Quackle, and he's not a cartoon duck.

I've had Pawel Kwak beer, named after a Flemish guy. It's good.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Alaois posted:

one of the QBs for the Georgia Bulldogs (formerly of the Virginia Cavaliers) is Greyson Lambert

canyoneer posted:

Another vote for "not that weird". That's the first name of an OBGYN in town here.

If I've met someone over 30 with the name, I no longer consider it a "wacky made-up name popular with Pinterest moms"

Opopanax posted:

Dogfish posted:

I have delivered so many Graysons/Greysons this year. It's been a big year for Graysons, Jacksons/Jaxens/Jacksyns, and Theodores.

Astrofig posted:

This is what my cousin named his son.

Well, I guess I apologise to all the Greysons out there. And preemptively to the Blacksons, Bluesons and Greensons.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Opopanax posted:

Oh my god this guy's name is Rod Johnson

Perhaps she'd like to meet Sandy Handy.

Then again, perhaps not.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mayor of Niagara falls is named Diodati and I couldn't figure out why the news was interviewing some guy named dio daddy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rodbeard posted:

Mayor of Niagara falls is named Diodati and I couldn't figure out why the news was interviewing some guy named dio daddy.

Is his first name Eumir?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:lol:

This killed me... I may need to log off and go to sleep now.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

EZipperelli posted:

:lol:

This killed me... I may need to log off and go to sleep now.

Gonna saw some logs then? :rimshot: :thejoke:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dick Miller florist.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Krissalynn Sirface.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

rodbeard posted:

Dick Miller florist.

Or is that :thejoke:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
A new crop of kindergarteners just started.
Tye-Tye, Kale, Lochlon, Aliza pronounced Alisa, Lois pronounced Loyz, and 3 Xaviers and a Zayvier.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Dick Pound

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Istari posted:

Tye-Tye, Kale, Lochlon, Aliza pronounced Alisa, Lois pronounced Loyz, and 3 Xaviers and a Zayvier.

I don't think Xavier is that bad of a name, but it reminds me of when I was in the same car as two friends, and one informed us that the other guy's ex-fiance had called her kid that. Because of the way he pronounced it, the other guy spent five minutes marveling at what a lovely name "Savior" was and how glad he was that he had dodged that bullet.

Weldon Pemberton has a new favorite as of 17:53 on Nov 9, 2015

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Olympics-Behind-Scenes-Politics/dp/0470838701

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Or is that :thejoke:

I don't know what that picture is. I just heard an ad on the radio. http://www.dickmillerflorist.com

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

rodbeard posted:

I don't know what that picture is. I just heard an ad on the radio. http://www.dickmillerflorist.com

That's from the original version of Little Shop Of Horrors. It takes place in a flower shop. The actor on the left is famous character actor Dick Miller in one of his earliest roles.

I too was listening to NPR this morning.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
My girlfriend knows someone who named their kid Skylee. It's the whitest made up name I've ever heard.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Istari posted:

What's wrong with Xavier. :colbert:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Kurtofan posted:

What's wrong with Xavier. :colbert:

I think it's just the fact that there's three of them in one classroom and then the head-scratching spelling variant as well.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/10/found-after-35-years-cia-s-fugitive-banker.html

The Daily Beast posted:

Hand was found by an Australian writer, Peter Butt, whose just-released book,Merchants of Menace, discloses Hand’s whereabouts after decades of mystery.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BUTTS

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Brent Butt had a sitcom about small-town Saskatchewan for like six seasons and a movie

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Alaois posted:

IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BUTTS

lol he's a tight end

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

Well, I guess I apologise to all the Greysons out there. And preemptively to the Blacksons, Bluesons and Greensons.

Last name first names are a really big thing right now. Grayson, Harrison, Hamilton, Jackson and endless spelling variants thereof.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Dogfish posted:

Last name first names are a really big thing right now. Grayson, Harrison, Hamilton, Jackson and endless spelling variants thereof.

That reminds me, I met a woman named McCall as her first name. Wouldn't be surprised to find out she pronounces it like Michael, but still.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Phy posted:

Brent Butt had a sitcom about small-town Saskatchewan for like six seasons and a movie

Was that Corner Gas? Because if so, hahahaha BUTT and GAS haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
Rod Driver. His successor is Marguerite Bumpus which is kinda funny, too. He's seen as a bit of a whackjob, mostly because he speaks out against the Israeli government and is a math nerd Quaker, but he's an all right dude in my book.