Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

when someone gets a new avatar I forget everything about them from before

Cake was the guy who looked like dogsicle but wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Argona posted:

I've actually only seen like the first three episodes of the dub, i guess the right way to put it was finish slayers :v
It's a good dumb popcorn show, or at least the first two seasons are.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

when someone gets a new avatar I forget everything about them from before

I wish I could forget your posts

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i watched the first two seasons of Slayers a couple years ago. it was my first time seeing them and they seemed fine, aside from season 2 being not as good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just got back from martial arts class and there's a james bond film on the tv

hi, i'm plenty, plenty o'toole

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've never seen any slayers but one of my favorite authors growing up used to write Slayers fanfiction

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Cake Attack is a friend of tits, so he is my friend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Cake was the guy who looked like dogsicle but wasn't.

Cake was pixel Hajime, though they had a burnt Takeo av before. DoubleDonut has a Takeo av rn, too

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could never get into Slayers. I think a large part of it was that I like volumes that were at different points in the story.

Like, I had the first 2 volumes? Where Lina meets up with Gourry and then the golem guy and then they beat the priest who wants his sight back.

Then I have this standalone story with Lina and Naga.

Then I have one more volume that I remember nothing about.

So I don't have a full picture, and it confuses me.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

also pocky is bad, dunkaroos yam yams are ok, and panda cookies are good. bottled green tea is the best tho

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

Cake was pixel Hajime, though they had a burnt Takeo av before. DoubleDonut has a Takeo av rn, too

Oh, right, pixel Hajime.

But yeah I keep confusing the three of you even after Cake changed his avatar.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i just got back from martial arts class and there's a james bond film on the tv

hi, i'm plenty, plenty o'toole
Diamonds are Forever is kind of a weird Bond movie.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Oh, right, pixel Hajime.

But yeah I keep confusing the three of you even after Cake changed his avatar.

someday...i'll change avs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

slayers is way too episodic for me. also dunno if you guys heard but they're going to release a huge new blu ray set of it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Not because of that girl's name, though.

That's not even the weirdest Bond girl name in the franchise.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

Not because of that girl's name, though.

That's not even the weirdest Bond girl name in the franchise.

Quattro Vagina

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

Diamonds are Forever is kind of a weird Bond movie.

I was never a big fan of it. Tends to rank lower in my mental list.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dragon Half's ED is so great too.

Shame it only got those two episodes, there's a ton more manga for it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres so much high schoolers drinking alcohol in mahoraba. you don't really see that in shonen anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Diamonds are Forever is one of my least favorite, yeah, especially since it comes up right after On Her Majesty's Secret Service which is one of my personal favorites

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hahah holy poo poo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Allarion posted:

I was never a big fan of it. Tends to rank lower in my mental list.
Speaking as a James Bond fan who's seen almost every film, most of them tend towards the mediocre to be honest.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Seeing bits of it again it really is amazing how bad the script and the acting in it is, a lot of the dialog just feels really awkward in some pretty hilarious ways

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My favorite old school James Bond film is still From Russia With Love.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have seen 0 James Bond movies

also Polnareff should make dinner for me

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Davincie posted:

theres so much high schoolers drinking alcohol in mahoraba. you don't really see that in shonen anymore

There was a bit in Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ where the entire main cast of teenagers gets sloshed on sake. Granted it only happened once, but underage alcoholism still exists in anime today.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite old school James Bond film is still From Russia With Love.

Yeah, that one is good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Hi there! My name is Serinuma Kae.
I’m the kind of girl who loves checking out boys and fantasizing about them getting friendly (and more) with each other—I’m what you might call a fujoshi.

One day, my beloved (yes, he’s an anime character) died, and the shock of it all was more than I could have ever prepared for! My grief over his passing resulted in some ridiculous weight-loss!

And you won’t believe what happened next! Soon after my change, the four most divinely gorgeous boys in my school asked me out on dates! I accepted them all, and you’d think I’d be happy with my sudden popularity, but the truth is, my heart only yearns for a prince to be next to his prince. Ahh, yes, boys, I’d much prefer that you turn your affections elsewhere and KISS HIM, NOT ME!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watched Goldfinger and that's it, but I have a couple of the books.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I’m the kind of girl who loves checking out boys and fantasizing about them getting friendly (and more) with each other—I’m what you might call a fujoshi.

One day, my beloved (yes, he’s an anime character) died, and the shock of it all was more than I could have ever prepared for! My grief over his passing resulted in some ridiculous weight-loss!

And you won’t believe what happened next! Soon after my change, the four most divinely gorgeous boys in my school asked me out on dates! I accepted them all, and you’d think I’d be happy with my sudden popularity, but the truth is, my heart only yearns for a prince to be next to his prince. Ahh, yes, boys, I’d much prefer that you turn your affections elsewhere and KISS HIM, NOT ME!

I loving love this manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Senpai is the best character and the only one who actually liked her for who she was.

EDIT: If it doesn't end with Serinuma x Senpai I will be disappointed.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Same.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

That's a pretty good manga that I should catch up on.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Slayers was one of the first not-aired-on-tv anime series I ever watched and was one of my favorites for a long time, but it's not something I can revisit at all. I tried to watch the newer seasons when they came out and just couldn't get into it anymore.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

What's this from?

Sagisawa Fumika from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I love this manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

Sagisawa Fumika from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls.

Danke.

She is very pretty,

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Junko draws the prettiest boys.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I seen the newest Bond movie and it was alright I guess. No where near as good as Skyfall though imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I tried to watch through all of the old Bond films a while back but I inevitably ended up skipping half of Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan's films. I did have a really fun time with The Living Daylights, though. I didn't enjoy License to Kill as much as I hoped.

• Locked thread