Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I'm watching Cartoon Network and I was surprised to see a show called "Wabbit" which appeared to be old-style Bugs Bunny toons, a far cry from the latest Looney Toons show, which was basically a sitcom about Bugs, Daffy, et. al. as high schoolers. It's as bad as it sounds.

Unfortunately Wabbit isn't much better. No sitcom bullshit, but the animation is uninspired (and off-model) and simply isn't funny.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Looney Tunes Show was actually cool and good.

Wabbit is boring crap though, I don't know how they manage to make 5-minute episodes feel like they go on forever.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

Well, I think that was more of a test balloon from the TW President to see how people reacted to it. They haven't officially changed anything yet, I don't think.

Some articles said it's a done deal, some say it isn't. I saw a couple of others saying TW is launching it's service next year and wants to hold them for that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Some articles said it's a done deal, some say it isn't. I saw a couple of others saying TW is launching it's service next year and wants to hold them for that.

I don't mind them offering a fairly priced competing streaming service, but the articles I read made it seem like he was saying they were just going to sit on rights to try and drive cable subs through increased VOD demand.

Which would suck because TW VOD has just as much time devoted to commercials as a live broadcast but a much much smaller pool of ads.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The first two episodes are full of spit take moments. It is actually kind of amazing it is so loving insane. I love it so far...

Does our main dude live in the cellar of the VP?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

I don't mind them offering a fairly priced competing streaming service, but the articles I read made it seem like he was saying they were just going to sit on rights to try and drive cable subs through increased VOD demand.

Which would suck because TW VOD has just as much time devoted to commercials as a live broadcast but a much much smaller pool of ads.

I think the plan to sit on it and drive cable subs was the plan they really want to do rather launch a streaming service.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

So Bruce Campbell played Ronald Reagan on Fargo and it was fantastic.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This Hulu season of The Mindy Project has been pretty great. I sporadically watched it before, but I've enjoyed this entire season. Plus Garret Dillahunt has been a wonderful addition to the cast, especially in the last couple of episodes.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k

This is what the internet was made for.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MST3K is one of my favorite things ever and I have basically no interest a reboot with none of the original people working it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah Joel.....the inferior MST3K host :twisted:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If Joel was actually the host I might be interested even without any of the rest of the crew. But I'm not at all interested in totally new people.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Ah Joel.....the inferior MST3K host :twisted:

I've learned to appreciate him. Joel's your goofy, lovable uncle. Mike's your smartass classmate who sits in the back. What's gonna be interesting is how everyone reacts once it's confirmed that Jonah Ray's the new MST3K host.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love virtually everything about mst3k except one thing... I find it amusing but not massively funny. The setting, the concept, the people, the robots, the films are all great but the jokes just don't land all that much for me. It hurts so much.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love virtually everything about mst3k except one thing... I find it amusing but not massively funny. The setting, the concept, the people, the robots, the films are all great but the jokes just don't land all that much for me. It hurts so much.

I think it takes watching the right one that hits you in the right way. Personally I've never cared for the in-between skits.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know anyone who watches the in-between skits. MST3k is okay. I feel like it's making bad jokes about bad subject matter, which ends up not often being as funny as if it were making good jokes at bad subject matter.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Snak posted:

I don't know anyone who watches the in-between skits. MST3k is okay. I feel like it's making bad jokes about bad subject matter, which ends up not often being as funny as if it were making good jokes at bad subject matter.

whaaaat, some of the skits are incredible. "Cheating is bad, Richard Baseheart...is good" was a long-running in-joke in my family.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
MST3k always seemed like a victim of its format, where on TV they had to do those awful skits but with Rifftrax they have long periods of boring poo poo.

In a perfect world they could just do what people like RLM do and just riff over clips so they don't need to pad it out to feature length or cram it into commercial breaks, but since they insist on charging money for everything copyright kind of puts a kibosh on that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

tao of lmao posted:

Do people care about Blindspot here at all? I couldn't find a thread, but it got picked up for a second season already, and is the highest rated new series of the season.

the drone episode was so ridiculously stupid i couldn't keep watching

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

MST3k always seemed like a victim of its format, where on TV they had to do those awful skits but with Rifftrax they have long periods of boring poo poo.

In a perfect world they could just do what people like RLM do and just riff over clips so they don't need to pad it out to feature length or cram it into commercial breaks, but since they insist on charging money for everything copyright kind of puts a kibosh on that.

The whole point of Rifftrax (at least, before they did full length VODs) is that you buy the audio tracks and sync them with a movie you have, so that wouldn't really work.

Also... why would they not charge money for things?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

raditts posted:

The whole point of Rifftrax (at least, before they did full length VODs) is that you buy the audio tracks and sync them with a movie you have, so that wouldn't really work.

Also... why would they not charge money for things?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Since the Rifftrax format meant you had to sync up and let the whole movie play that meant that the riffers themselves were in for the entire runtime regardless of how funny some scenes might be.

And considering how many people on the internet have become rich and (internet) famous by putting their poo poo for free on the internet and making money off of ads and merch and promotional gigs I'd say that maybe charging money for piggybacking off of other people's IP may not be the most efficient way to make money in the YouTube era.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just to reiterate, Limitless is amazing.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I usually have no patience for procedurals (I didn't start loving Person of Interest until it got into ongoing, serialized storylines), but Limitless is great fun. It's surprisingly charming.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJuqOnNCCA

Boatswain posted:

So the president of Madam Secretary just executed without trial, per drone, an American citizen without the show even recognizing that the killing was extra judicial. Gross.
Accurate to the Obama administration

Rarity posted:

Supergirl is fun but they really should just cast Clark and have him show up occasionally a la the Flash/Arrow crossovers. Ironically, by keeping him out of reach they are reinforcing the distance between Clark and Kara, whereas if they had him around they could show them as equals.
They screwed up by not making Dean Cain Superman and making it a sequel to Lois and Clark.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dean Cain played Superman in the first episode of Supergirl

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
So this week's episode of Fargo sure is something, huh :suspense:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EL BROMANCE posted:

I totally agree here. I rarely laugh out loud but it's something I can always put on in the background and enjoy and I've watched the Twilight riffs a truly embarassing number of times.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Mo0 posted:

I'm going to regret this, but you've piqued my curiosity by implying this is real. Do you have a link?

It looks like it has become a bit more NWS since the last time I remembered it, so careful clicking: http://montrose.is/sgvy/

Legitimately the first thing that popped to mind reading that CW pitch.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I could never really get into MST3K. I love the experience of riffing on a bad movie with friends, but the act of watching a group of complete strangers do it does nothing for me. It just feels like a lot of effort sifting through a lot of material just to find a handful of funny quips.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Limitless is really good. Quirky and fun with enough seriousness to stay interesting. I think I like the NBC shows more just because they're so ridiculous.

The Iron Rose posted:

the drone episode was so ridiculously stupid i couldn't keep watching

It absolutely was, but I couldn't stop watching. In a later episode you find out Jane is afraid of flying, but manages to effortlessly pilot a helicopter in a pinch under heavy gunfire. Sometimes you just gotta embrace the cheese.

Excited about the mst3k stuff even if it's going to feature different voices. Might be the first kickstarter I ever back.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mu Zeta posted:

Dean Cain played Superman in the first episode of Supergirl
He was Daddy Danvers

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Have you tried the shorts? I like those more than the full length film ones, usually.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cardboard Box A posted:

He was Daddy Danvers

Dang he looks rough

Also, Aziz Ansari owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3_3yBv13M

I don't think he's getting a CBS sitcom in the next decade.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 11, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

tao of lmao posted:

It absolutely was, but I couldn't stop watching. In a later episode you find out Jane is afraid of flying, but manages to effortlessly pilot a helicopter in a pinch under heavy gunfire. Sometimes you just gotta embrace the cheese.
Blindspot is like alright for me, like it's pretty decent but I don't really think about it too much after watching it. That being said, the most recent episode was kinda just meh, if not bad. All over the place compared to the rest.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Quantico has taught me that becoming an FBI agent is a lot more like being a participant on Survivor than I was expecting.

I'll still keep watching though. Next week the trainees are given their next assignment: eat a bug.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I really wanted Quantico to be good, based on the like, one tv spot I saw.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Quantico has taught me that becoming an FBI agent is a lot more like being a participant on Survivor than I was expecting.

I'll still keep watching though. Next week the trainees are given their next assignment: eat a bug.

You also have to be ridiculously good looking and attractive.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
nvm

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I like Quantico but it is crazy stupid.

Also they force all the actors to live in Sherbrook Qc. have the time which I find super funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

sbaldrick posted:

I like Quantico but it is crazy stupid.

Also they force all the actors to live in Sherbrook Qc. have the time which I find super funny

There's nothing stupid about having a super-serious commercial-break cliffhanger about whether the main characters will be killed by a bomb...as part of the "6 months ago" flashback narrative, when we've seen all of them alive and well in the present, not even talking about that time they almost got killed by a bomb.

• Locked thread