Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
What's with all the 0's on metacritic? This is going to end up with a worse user review score than Big Rigs at the rate things are going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Dick Fagballzson posted:

What's with all the 0's on metacritic? This is going to end up with a worse user review score than Big Rigs at the rate things are going.

Imagine a group of people with the general temperament of NMA except this time they're angry about graphics and dialog wheels.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Gotta say it looks a lot better than all these leaked videos online made it out to look like. Well, playing on PC with settings on Ultra probably helps.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

User reviews are a poo poo metric for getting any meaningful information. As are most other reviews, but you have a slightly higher chance of possibly getting a single tidbit of usable information out of someone not getting a 2 inch chub off dropping a sick burn on an aggregate review site.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Dick Fagballzson posted:

A game can't be merely "alright" anymore, you've gotta tie your identity to it before it's even available and ride the neogaf rollercoaster until it flies off the rails into an orphanage.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

They did it, the absolute madmen, they made fallout combat fun

I'm currently running around with a hunting rifle with a bayonet on it. It's so fun to stab stuff in the middle of shots that I think I'm gonna take my strength from 2 to 8 just to spec for bash damage

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Scoss posted:

The game does a shitpiss job of explaining its armor layers system, but Tuxedos and other "outfit" type clothing will occupy both your jumpsuit and all of your armor slots. Don't wear them except for funsies. Jumpsuits are different, they only take up your "underlayer" and you can equip armor pieces on top of them.

I had a feeling this would be the case, I want to dress up fancy AND be defensible :( Guess I can wait for mods for that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How many Power Armor frames are there? So far I've found 6.

Additionally, I went looking for the X-01 armor, and it was not in the spot youtube found it in. Anyone yet find it, or is it based on your level? If it's based on level I am going to be furious.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
I need to start using shotguns for Feral Ghoul swarms. I just did the Brotherhood introduction quest and sweet Jesus there must've been 50 of the fuckers!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I am putting way more effort into building up my base than I thought I would. I'm only using the prefab stuff but still, I'm cleaning up and things!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm digging the game so far, haven't played too much just picking up some trash and shooting some fools, looking at the perks etc. Initial impression is good though, it pretty much feels like Fallout 3 to start. And I did like Fallout 3 for the record.

My guy looks a bit like Lemmy of Motorhead fame (and godhood fame), Kilmister. I didn't intend to make Lemmy, it just happened, like the power of rock n roll possessed the game!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I enjoyed being pinned down by like five raiders above me firing machine guns at me only for my dog to charge headlong into the bullets as if he was expecting to jump up them like Mario to bite faces.

Is cogsworth an actual combat companion or is he like a joke thing, may switch to him until I get someone better.

cogsworth shits on both dogmeat and preston

he is good

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I keep hearing people say they fixed the combat.

I'm not seeing it. This poo poo is tedious as hell, moreso than before.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Utgardaloki posted:

I'm running around with 1 endurance on Survival and I think it's fun. Enemies can be a little damage-spongey sometimes though, but only really the special ghouls and super mutants so far.

My aim tends to be off somehow though. I think it's the mouse acceleration.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Utgardaloki posted:

are you good at aiming your guns

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
God loving dammit , there's a limit to how many things you can place in the player built settlement, WHY, HOLY poo poo IM ON PC, I DONT NEED THESE ARBITRARY LIMITS, I CAN TELL IF IM BUILDING TOO MUCH AND STOP IF THE FRAMES GO TOO LOW, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :negative:

holy poo poo this is so utterly poo poo, i need a mod to remove this ASAP, help nexus heeeelp

edit: seems theres a cheat engine script for it already, heres hoping it works, gently caress you bethesda

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Minorkos posted:

My aim tends to be off somehow though. I think it's the mouse acceleration.

You can turn that off in the .ini by the way.

Dongattack posted:

God loving dammit , there's a limit to how many things you can place in the player built settlement

You know there is more than one, right?

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 11, 2015

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
One of the rad-roaches in Sanctuary got stuck in a wire trash-bin, started dragging it around and was using it as armor against my gunfire. It was terrifying.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Coolwhoami posted:

Don't want another one, want to fill out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll the huge loving space they gave me to build in. The CheatEngine script seems to work as it should so i'm satisfied again. Bethesda are loving bad.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Coolwhoami posted:

You can turn that off in the .ini by the way.

No one gets between a man and his castle.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MadJackMcJack posted:

I need to start using shotguns for Feral Ghoul swarms. I just did the Brotherhood introduction quest and sweet Jesus there must've been 50 of the fuckers!

Yeah I just did this and it was pretty rad.

Also just cleared out a ton of Institute guys so now I'm crawling with laser weapons. Hell yes. :awesomelon:

And I just found a Tesla magazine that gives bonus energy damage!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

Yeah its a legendary drop, Survival mode, yo.

Im gonna do some more stuff to it, but Ill share as I add on.

Does survival mode have more legendary monsters?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mobsters are bullet sponges, I've got a 55 damage sniper rifle and my 2.5 sneak crits aren't taking them down, I ended up using that awesome melee weapon I found nearby, Grognak's axe in Hubris comics, I think you needed expert lockpicking for it.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

it's nuts that it was bethesda of all companies to create make a good version of borderlands

Dongattack posted:

Bethesda are loving bad.

probably because of the consoles though

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
No cash register mod (replaces cash register with blank audio file) ... seems a lot of people wanted this mod so here ya go someone answered your prayers

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/100/

im getting excited, mods are coming in at a steady pace not really anything good yet but only a matter of time before this game has some cool rear end mods

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Minorkos posted:

Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Arena were all bad though. I've gone through the numbers and charts and it turns out that Bethesda have never made a good game.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Alain Post posted:

Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Arena were all bad though. I've gone through the numbers and charts and it turns out that Bethesda have never made a good game.

Turn your monitor on

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So, is there any actual need to do the terrible base building shite in this or can I just ignore it?

Other than that I'm loving the game

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

So, is there any actual need to do the terrible base building shite in this or can I just ignore it?

uh yeah i turned a gas station into a fuckin military fortress why do you hate fun

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Minorkos posted:

yes, and now there is no coming back, fallout 5 will just be a bobblehead screensaver and the next elder scrolls will be a wooden sword that gets mailed to you irl

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
I feel like I'm cheating stealth-sniping. On lvl 5. :smith:

I went in a Motor Factory to kill that Raiders guy to help first village and I snipe every mutherfucker in there (I even somehow got a sniper modded drum-magazine .38 sniper rifle from one of the raiders, so now I don't need to waste that .223 ammo).
Thing is if you able to kill anyone with a headshot and in stealth, other people give up chasing you in like 5-10 seconds, and you can get back and kill another one until last one of them is dead. More of it, I have AGI - 3, which is :mediocre: I guess, I just stay in darker corners and not sprint all the time. I feel like with proper AGI and perks you can run in front of enemies undetected all the time.

And I got question too. Does this game have any real weapon, not one made from scrap metal, poo poo and sticks by local Minmatars?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

You can fortunately ignore it.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Dongattack posted:

Don't want another one, want to fill out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll the huge loving space they gave me to build in. The CheatEngine script seems to work as it should so i'm satisfied again. Bethesda are loving bad.

I imagine if they didn't, you could get things to a point where it wasn't really possible to fix it, so I get why they did it. Better that than some shitass reviewer complaining about a "bug" caused by them overwhelming the area with objects.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Meowbot posted:

rear end mods

I'm sure those are coming very soon.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I really wish there was a way to respec. I've got five points in Charisma. :(

Utgardaloki posted:

So far all I've seen is VATS being useless, many more bullet sponges, tons of jumpy "recoil", seemingly infinite range 100% accuracy enemy molotovs and everything now takes cover. The next game better be about tracking down and murdering the rear end in a top hat who taught Deathclaws to hide.

Oh, and the Fat Man is now so common raiders have them. Also rockets seem to share grenades' perfect accuracy.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

cheesetriangles posted:

Does survival mode have more legendary monsters?

Tons more. I've lost count of how many I have fought at this point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

I really wish there was a way to respec. I've got five points in Charisma. :(

Are you on PC? Stats are easily changed with the console.

Perks are easily changed too but that requires a bit more work.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I might need to wait for a UI mod before I start playing this again. I'm willing to engage with the base building stuff but holy poo poo that UI is awkward as gently caress with kb+m.

I'd be cool with using a controller, but for some reason my 360 controller has a bug where the cursor skips every other menu item, main menu and Pip-boy. Does anyone know anything about this bug?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
For some reason Codsworth is really into leatherwork :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Andrast posted:

You can fortunately ignore it.

Thank Christ.