Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Generic Octopus posted:

If you really need a summary of LS2 for HoT:
Also there was a large chance your minipet would photobomb the most emotional and dramatic scene of the entire season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Currently getting a good chuckle out of that summary, thank you.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Well they did show that Caithe is (most charitably) an accessory to (and less charitably a willing participant in) what amounts to a war crime (or just straight up mass murder/genocide) against a tribe of friendly centaurs. So gently caress her.

Also, per:

quote:

Some people run Sword-Sword / Sword-Pistol but for open world I'm-a going full GS shatter with Sword-Shield as the other set.
I've been running a greatsword/sword+shield Chronomancer and it owns. I've briefly tried a few other weapons but nothing has felt as flexible or useful.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Generic Octopus posted:

Wow I played though it and the only thing I managed to pick up though the aids was something something egg something.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Generic Octopus posted:

You forgot that Marjory's sister died and the mission where she dies ends with her corpse dangling above you and the end mission game rewards popping up and your character going "SWEET SWEET LOOT" completely killing whatever mood they tried to establish.

Also lesbians.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

"That means that killing each boss in the most recent raid wing will award 4 gold and 2 Compendiums of Knowledge."

4 gold per boss per week.

Yeah they didn't move dungeon rewards to raids.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Alteisen posted:

You forgot that Marjory's sister died and the mission where she dies ends with her corpse dangling above you and the end mission game rewards popping up and your character going "SWEET SWEET LOOT" completely killing whatever mood they tried to establish.

I didn't get this particular experience but fuckin :lol:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I finally scrounged enough Ley Line Crystals to get this guy.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Anyone having issues logging in? I've been stuck on the loading screen for a while. :(

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Alteisen posted:

:ughh:

And gently caress these map wide events, the game just doesn't have the in game tools to properly deal with them, they just went full retard after Tequalt.

To be fair it reads as if the currency is used exclusively as a bad luck catch up mechanic to buy boss drops. Like Valor Points in WoW circa WotLK

For the Living Story, i started running it the other day with xp boosters and it's been making GBS threads xp at me non stop

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

ItBurns posted:

Dang that looks good.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

To be fair it reads as if the currency is used exclusively as a bad luck catch up mechanic to buy boss drops. Like Valor Points in WoW circa WotLK

Yes, it's a bog-standard bad luck insurance mechanic. Allowing players to accumulate the raid currency lets them purchase gear even if Colin doesn't smile down upon them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

"That means that killing each boss in the most recent raid wing will award 4 gold and 2 Compendiums of Knowledge."

4 gold per boss per week.

Yeah they didn't move dungeon rewards to raids.

Hahahaha I knew that was gonna be a thing, loot has always been an issue in guild wars.

How many bosses are there anyway?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
hopefully we wont get stuck attoman the huntsman BECAUSE THE OTHER TANK IS A loving IDIOT :argh:

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I did the entire LS2 and genuinely did not know any of that happened, tyvm

Big shocker, Arus didn't notice the salads for a year.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I didn't get this particular experience but fuckin :lol:

This happens constantly throughout the personally story, especially the Orrian chapters. (Like levels 70-80 leading up to Zhaitan I guess?)
You get this emotional scene where someone dies/someone's wife dies/all hope is lost and then CONGRATS YOU GET LOOT.

ItBurns posted:

Very nice! :eyepop:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Alteisen posted:

Hahahaha I knew that was gonna be a thing, loot has always been an issue in guild wars.

74, both they and the drops are randomized

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kessel posted:

Yes, it's a bog-standard bad luck insurance mechanic. Allowing players to accumulate the raid currency lets them purchase gear even if Colin doesn't smile down upon them.

I'd expect the shiniest of loots to be entirely luck based, still.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Alteisen posted:

:ughh:

And gently caress these map wide events, the game just doesn't have the in game tools to properly deal with them, they just went full retard after Tequalt.

I don't think I can express how much I loathe the Dragon's Stand event.

I rarely have the 2-3 hour stretch where I can dedicate the time. Most times when I try to run the event I end up in an instance instance scan the LFG poo poo for a while then log out.

The 2 times I have managed to have the play time, roll the right instance get into a competent zone I have crashed and been unable to get back into that instance.

I haven't seen a game try so hard to gently caress it's players since Everquest.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Xae posted:

I rarely have the 2-3 hour stretch where I can dedicate the time. Most times when I try to run the event I end up in an instance instance scan the LFG poo poo for a while then log out.

The 2 times I have managed to have the play time, roll the right instance get into a competent zone I have crashed and been unable to get back into that instance.

I haven't seen a game try so hard to gently caress it's players since Everquest.
http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

Go there, log on at the start. Find a group that is shuttling people into an organized instance.

With good luck, you'll have it done in an hour. With bad, an hour and a half or so.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xae posted:

Tangled Depths meta is significantly worse.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

CLAM DOWN posted:

Tangled Depths meta is significantly worse.
Definitely. 'Failed one lane? Better luck next time!' :argh:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is anyone else (especially outside the US) having major ping/latency issues tonight? Some oceanic guys in SFD are having multi second pings, and I'm pretty hosed too, about 30 second chat lag, etc.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Yeah I'm Oceanic and I'm having issues right now.

Edit: Oh it's doing that 'I'm the only one in the guild' thing too.

Joust fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 11, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is anyone else (especially outside the US) having major ping/latency issues tonight? Some oceanic guys in SFD are having multi second pings, and I'm pretty hosed too, about 30 second chat lag, etc.
Looks to be caused by a provider called Telia, they've got enormous packet loss on their backbone in the US. Cletus and I are in the same place so I'd expect us to have similar issues.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

Also lesbians.

"You're dumb and you'll leave a dumb corpse"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3sbyfn/crystalline_ore_to_buy_a_basic_chair_are_you/

The decoration and scribe system are really terrible. Get used to seeing pumpkins everywhere and whatever Christmas thing you can buy with snowflakes for a year.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dragon's stand is really fun and i'm glad they have people who know what the gently caress they're doing making these sometimes, apparently.

octovine is alright, although i wish some of the quadrants would be made easier as there's a definite difficulty gap going on.

something happens in verdant brink, i guess? i kinda left after exploring most of the map and haven't returned. it's probably not as cool as the previous two.

i'm not actually sure what happens in tangled depths other than that it's some shittier version of dragon's stand, that for all i know is supposed to last about 10 seconds because that's as far as it got last time i was there.

overall the expansion is alright and i guess we'll see what raid wings bring to the table.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Also lesbians.

Ah, Marjory's sister, the ultimate redshirt. Introduced for a cheap "dramatic" plot moment and to sell her sword in the gemstore. ¨

I remember when they started experimenting with the in-game engine for facial expressions. Kasmeer's face in the final cinematic of Season 1 is nightmare fuel.

Visidan posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3sbyfn/crystalline_ore_to_buy_a_basic_chair_are_you/

The decoration and scribe system are really terrible. Get used to seeing pumpkins everywhere and whatever Christmas thing you can buy with snowflakes for a year.

Haha, oh my. Is this what my guild was collecting flax seeds and coarse sand for? That chair better be the loving iron throne for that price.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 11, 2015

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Mercurius posted:

Looks to be caused by a provider called Telia, they've got enormous packet loss on their backbone in the US. Cletus and I are in the same place so I'd expect us to have similar issues.

:sweden: they (used to?) host battle.net so maybe this is just big Mmo feeling threatened? :v:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tangled Depths deserves some kind of award. It's easily the worst section of any game I've ever played. In anything. Confusing the navigate, infested with horrible monsters, full of terrible events, and to top it all off there are treasure chests sitting everywhere you can't touch.

Also Verdent Brink is the dopest poo poo, all the bosses are insanely fun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tangled depths is frustrating because I'll slowly trudge my way through a hoard of deadly enemies for what feels like ages, only to find I ended up in a dead end or at a event I can't complete because I'm the only person remotely nearby.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Tangled depths is frustrating because I'll slowly trudge my way through a hoard of deadly enemies for what feels like ages, only to find I ended up in a dead end or at a event I can't complete because I'm the only person remotely nearby.

I think the timer on Tangled Depths feels long at the moment because they are factoring in the full fight length + time to loot rewards before the reset. That said it is a garbage zone that suffers from not giving players sufficient information about what is happening at any time ever. I don't know how they didn't think to have scaling rewards based on how many Brad Garrets you kill, at least then people could spend the full time focusing on one lane to practice the fights.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
That said people would be at the stage of beating it fairly frequently if boss health was tuned down I think.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Now you'll never know I called you fat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a lot of the issues would be solved if the map was actually worth half a poo poo instead of the usual fare of 'be halfway to the planet's molten core and the minimap is still showing the green, grassy surface'

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
gently caress the haters, Tangled Depths is the best zone. :colbert:

I'll grant that the scaling on events could use a lot of tuning, and that the map is not very helpful in navigating it, but it's so gorgeous and full of badass setpieces.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"looks pretty" is very low on my list of things GW2 has to get right nowadays, hth

Anet knows how to make things look good, now they need to figure out how to design and balance the actual game parts. Any day now, it has only been three years.

Re: guild hall furniture, I like the bench some guy linked in this reddit thread: http://imgur.com/YjGZZ5k (not asurabutt.jpg)

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 11, 2015

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
If you need four fancy chairs to make a bench you live in a pretty hosed up world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Alteisen posted:

Two bosses. Each one rewards 2 gold and one compendium. However the rewards are doubled for the newest wing, so you will actually earn 8 gold and 4 compendiums per week.

The gold is poo poo, but I'd probably do them -- assuming their design isn't poo poo -- for the compendiums alone, as they grant mastery XP. Plus the ascended gear as drops thing seems cool.

• Locked thread