Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Real talk, DoubleDash is the best Mario Kart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

leica posted:

I'd like to get a Nintendo 64 just for Mario Kart. How is the new Wii version?

And yeah, the only reason I have cable is because of sports. Gotta have the sports package it's awesome.

The Wii U owns bones and it's totally worth the ultra cheap price

And yeah I have cable mostly for my wife, but since we got it I added the NHL and NFL packages and somehow get Liga, Barclay's, and bundesliga for free thanks to Fox carrying Bundesliga and NBC carrying Barclay's and most of Liga's games

Now if only I could watch the All Blacks on non-grey streaming sites :argh:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wii U version is a lot of fun to play with a big group of people. MK 64 is my least favorite of the series.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Some days I feel like i'm the only one who really, truly loved MK 64 :(

DK's Jungle Parkway owned bones, as did Royal Raceway.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Everyone loved MK64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpIs5IBJ8G0

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I remember being really cool in Norway and later Australia because most everyone had sega's but we had an N64 with mariokart and golden eye :3:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Really? Because most of the time it seems like everyone regards it as not being very good or fun. I fully admit, I've only ever played SNES and N64 Mario Kart (aside from the one time I got lit and played Mario Kart Wii with some friends... using the Wii wheel. Never again.) so I can't compare it to the newer stuff, but man, it was a solidly fun game. I don't get the lack of love.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
How old are you?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

28. I grew up playing Genesis and then transitioned to a PS1 and then PS2. Which might explain the lack of Kart in my life :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, I'm 27. I don't have fond memories of MK64, but I played it a bunch. If you were between 10 and 20 when it came out and you were into games, it's likely that MK64 was a very formative game for you.

Either you were in grade school hanging out with friends playing it or you were in your dorm with a bunch of people all crowded around a TV.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I didn't get a PS2 until like 2007 or so

Idk when it came out but I wanna say 1999

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

I didn't get a PS2 until like 2007 or so

Idk when it came out but I wanna say 1999

Close. 2000. I've owned like 5 of those fuckers since they first came out. I've had a couple fats and a handful of slims, including a silver Slim that's my current one (that I really need to get back from my friend at some point). Also got a Dreamcast sitting in my room because motherfucking Dreamcast :v:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Phone posted:

Yeah, I'm 27. I don't have fond memories of MK64, but I played it a bunch. If you were between 10 and 20 when it came out and you were into games, it's likely that MK64 was a very formative game for you.

Either you were in grade school hanging out with friends playing it or you were in your dorm with a bunch of people all crowded around a TV.

For me it was both. I think I was like 13-14 when that came out, and then a guy down the hall brought his n64 back after christmas break or something and there were lots of late night tournaments. I just wish it had more tracks. Like how hard was rainbow road and the ghost ones on the SNES version?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Close. 2000. I've owned like 5 of those fuckers since they first came out. I've had a couple fats and a handful of slims, including a silver Slim that's my current one (that I really need to get back from my friend at some point). Also got a Dreamcast sitting in my room because motherfucking Dreamcast :v:

Hell yeah man, this is my setup rn

I used to post in the retro games thread a lot :v:

I mostly use my GameCube as an SNES emulator via my colour matching Japanese GBA player :kawaii:

Not super visible but I have a fat ps2 on the shelf and a Genesis to the left

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Something happened to the car game and I'm not sure what. I am sure that I like it though.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I'm trying to teach my 3 y/o how to game by playing mariokart on the n64 :3:
The only consoles I have is the n64, original playstation and the wii
E; after he gets the hang of MK, I'll get him to learn konami soccer and some fighting games like original tekken.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 11, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I keep my PS2 around for the sole purpose of playing Tony Hawk 3 and 4 :3:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Geirskogul posted:

Something happened to the car game and I'm not sure what. I am sure that I like it though.

Holy poo poo leave it to GBS to make the Car Game infinitely better

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

Holy poo poo leave it to GBS to make the Car Game infinitely better

I just don't know what to follow up with. It's like being in a penis size competition and having a Wookiee show up.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

its okay i helped scale it back

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tusen Takk posted:

I mostly use my GameCube as an SNES emulator via my colour matching Japanese GBA player :kawaii:

This is my setup:

Top shelf has a PSOne (small one, not the OG) and a fat PS2 with HDD full of games. As well as a copy of Tony Hawk 4 :)

Bottom shelf is the AUS/Euro SNES and Mega Drive II.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's not just me that sees this in the olds, is it?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hey dude I'll accept it if you accept my chinese knock-off version.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geirskogul posted:

It's not just me that sees this in the olds, is it?

you went with a 90s model and you couldn't even get a pic of Endeavor? fuckin' shameful imo

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've never owned a console. Also reading the min spec for fallout 4 makes me sad, it'll be years before I own something with that spec if ever.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Think I'm gonna pick up a N64, consoles are pretty cheap, but of course Mario Kart is almost as much as a console :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Day off tomorrow for veterans day. Wife and I went out with a friend for sushi dinner. ~8 rolls and 9 pints later, I still regretvbeing in the navy but drat if I'm not full.

Now that Asahi and fish is done, time for some Black Market rye ipa. poo poo is delicious. Wife went to bed early so I'm watching south park.

Tweak and Butters are the best god drat characters

Edit: for context, found out that two people I knew on my last boat have died in the past two months, had a girl I don't know beyond "hey" unload her horrific life story on me while crying, and I stubbed my god drat pinky toe on the couch. gently caress the past twenty four hours.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 11, 2015

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone have experience with the first gen Infiniti FX?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

T1g4h posted:

28. I grew up playing Genesis and then transitioned to a PS1 and then PS2. Which might explain the lack of Kart in my life :v:
My last console was an NES.
I only really played SMB3 and Dr Mario. I miss dr mario. :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A buddy on Facebook just got a steam box. Are they basically a pc of a set spec in a console case?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Oh hey I'm not usually one to get into hyped games but Fallout 4 really does make the time go away.

My PC runs it on medium pretty well. If I turn it up to high it gets a little choppy for me in battles. I plan on buying a new video card in the next few months anyway. :v:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

BloodBag posted:

Oh poo poo, thanks for posting about fallout 4. I preordered that poo poo last week so they'd have a copy for PC at gamestop, because gently caress downloading games that big. I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Looks like wine and fallout are on the menu this evening, aww yiss.

My friend got GTAV in DVD, it was like 7-8 disks, and took almost as long to install as if he would have just downloaded it.

Cakefool posted:

A buddy on Facebook just got a steam box. Are they basically a pc of a set spec in a console case?

You can buy them of different specs, prices, and upgradability. Some of the high end ones are a lot of PC for the price.

I finally updated my htpc with a $50 off lease barebone with core2duo@3ghz, 2gig ddr3, 60gig ssd, and a low profile HDMI video card. Boots to desktop in 15sec and runs Kodi wonderfully.
Was considering making it into a seed box but nowadays, there's no point. Thinking of getting a 750ti for it to do some light gaming with the wife.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
I've been unemployed for 2 days now and I'm already looking for a Honda Big Red trike to buy. Oh god what is happening

In the meantime I've been picking at a 2002 7.3 Powerstroke I've had handed to me. Fucker needs a lot of work to be roadworthy again though.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Since there's always someone that miss the thread...

:siren: REGISTRATION FOR AISS 2015 IS NOW OPEN! :siren:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Tusen Takk posted:

Tusen Takk, Mom's basement posting ITT :v: (I can see the HVAC reflected in the TV)

Fallout 4 is kicking rear end so far. I've been playing that poo poo since 2AM. I like how I got Bethesda'd right at the start after you pick stats because the doormat apparently is the only part of the floor that isn't hot lava. I lost all keyboard input so it was back to my previous save :sigh:

It's also kicking my computer's rear end, I can hear the CPU and GPU fans kicking on high after about three minutes. Medium looks surprisingly good, so I guess I'll hold off buying a new graphics card for now.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Geirskogul posted:

Might be the best car game I've seen. Not sure how BMW PT Cruisers ended up with Saturn loving rockets but I don't mind.

Fallout chat, played New Vegas for a couple hours last night and now I remember why I spent so much time playing Fallout 3. Have it on my laptop but today on the way into work realized I should install it on the sim/gaming rig so I can run max settings. Might give that a shot tonight.

Local BMW dealership is finally working with our BMWCCA club and hosting an event tonight. Get to see the new 7 series :jerkbag: but they're feeding us so it should be ok.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 11, 2015

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I bought a Playstation just so I could play Gran Turismo 1 and 2. I bought a PS2 just so I could play GT4 (I skipped GT3). I bought a PS3 just so I could play GT5 and 6. At least the PS3 is also my Blu-Ray player. And, yes, I will buy a PS4 when Gran Turismo Sport comes out, and I will buy GT7 when it comes out.

The course creator has really added some life to GT6, I want to take a stab at creating the virginia city hill climb since it fits in just under the 6 mile track limit.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Fo3 posted:

I'm trying to teach my 3 y/o how to game by playing mariokart on the n64 :3:
The only consoles I have is the n64, original playstation and the wii
E; after he gets the hang of MK, I'll get him to learn konami soccer and some fighting games like original tekken.

Teach him street fighter

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Growing up most of my friends had N64 while I had the original Playstation so I was a Crash Team Racing guy. Could never get used to the N64 controller, although Conker's Bad Fur Day was such an awesome game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
MK64 was used in demonstrations to my friend's parents in attempts to build a case as to why they should own one.

"LOOKIT THE GRAPHICS!" he said while I was playing rainbow road. "C'mon, those are GREAT."

• Locked thread