Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you pick up a severed leg the knee will still bend so you can make it dance a severed leg jig

if i were wandering the wasteland and came across you doing that i'll be honest i probably wouldn't hesitate before i started shooting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

does the game feature Real Rot™ technology, allowing you to spike raiders' heads onto poles around your house that then decay over time into a skull

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

can you kidnap people and then use their bodies as fruiting logs for a wasteland mushroom farm

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

if i were wandering the wasteland and came across you doing that i'll be honest i probably wouldn't hesitate before i started shooting

what can I say, you gotta make your own fun in the blasted hellscape

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
"hey mayor we all thank you for creating our wonderful settlement, but we'd appreciate it if you'd stop flailing that severed arm at us"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
"hey raider, can I have your skin?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbaWXoapoc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
my big problem is that so far being evil in fallout 4 is just being rude. my new vegas character was a loving walking talking atrocity

it's me I crucified benny and taunted him about it

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
When GECK comes out I'm gonna get FO4 just to mod in my Immortan Joe fantasy of warboys + woman-cows + bloodbags + harem of stunning supermodels

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the apocalypse can't come soon enough is what I'm saying

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
raider settlement crafting would be awesome

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSSK6jOc2F4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

my big problem is that so far being evil in fallout 4 is just being rude. my new vegas character was a loving walking talking atrocity

it's me I crucified benny and taunted him about it

wouldn't want the moral choices to matter

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
don't people usually bitch and moan about the evil choice being Literally Hitler instead of something a little more toned down

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

don't people usually bitch and moan about the evil choice being Literally Hitler instead of something a little more toned down

nah, they get real weird about it and mod in killable children and poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

computer parts posted:

new vegas did a good job of making badguy and goodguy choices interestinf

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

computer parts posted:

no, they're just too obvious and boring

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Improbable Lobster posted:

new vegas did a good job of making badguy and goodguy choices interestinf
i liked new vegas because there's nothing wrong about saving the day but also loving a robot now and then

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
also aside from allying with mr house, the other ending choices (ncr/independent) didn't necessarily feel like right or wrong as just whatever you felt was the right thing to do overall

e: i also liked playing as a woman and murdering everyone in caesar's camp just because

Phoenixan fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 11, 2015

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Phoenixan posted:

also aside from allying with mr house, the other ending choices (ncr/independent) didn't necessarily feel like right or wrong as just whatever you felt was the right thing to do overall

or the most horrible selfish murderous thing to do

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Bhodi posted:

15 of 19 people in my friends list currently playing games on steam are playing fallout 4. what the gently caress is wrong with you people, half of them read this thread and should know better, lol you paid 60 dollars, at least until the first patch

i think it's 40bux max at retail here, though i'm too lazy to go to a shop and i should probably at least get one of the endings in nv that i ended up just doing all the sidequests and dlc

i do miss kung-fu powerfisting everything

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

duckfarts posted:

i do miss kung-fu powerfisting everything

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Skyrim Sales by Platform
XBox 360 59 %
Playstation 3 27 %
PC 14 %

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

steamspy stats

Players in the last 2 weeks: 866,031 ± 24,588 (9.11%)
Players total: 9,097,726 ± 78,426 (95.68%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 26,285

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i could actually shoot him but missed the screenshot

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
i'm enjoying doing a low int run & abusing idiot savant

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I didn't expect being able to rip up a ruined neighborhood for parts and building crap from it to be so

engaging

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The game doesn't seem to explain a lot. Like, how do you break down junk you pick up in your inventory or store at your workbench?

You can walk around sanctuary and break down everything laying around but that's not terribly efficient.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

doesn't that stuff just get broken down when required?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i dislike the fallout franchise so i opted to buy witcher 3 to satisfy my newgame/open world urge.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

scamtank posted:

doesn't that stuff just get broken down when required?

Does it? The game never explained. I just dropped all my junk items into the workbench.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

that's what happens to stuff in your inventory, at least. the confirm prompt shows you what exactly is getting eaten from your pack and for what reason

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Does it? The game never explained. I just dropped all my junk items into the workbench.

everything gets broken down automatically, but your stash isn't shared between settlements unless you have 6 charisma

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Phoenixan posted:

e: i also liked playing as a woman and murdering everyone in caesar's camp just because

if you weren't on team odo you hosed up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
NCR is a bunch of incompetent dopes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also i spent more time trying to build poo poo than shooting poo poo which only makes me mad cause the building system is annoying and has no snap to grid feature.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Nelson MandEULA posted:

i dislike the fallout franchise so i opted to buy witcher 3 to satisfy my newgame/open world urge.

good choice

Fabricated posted:

yeah I had to figure that out for myself too. it uses the parts in the junk but doesn't tell you - just storing them breaks them down. if you look at the number of screws in your inventory then look at the number on the recipe screen, it will be higher (because of the screws in the junk)

the whole crafting and trading system is really complicated. I'm annoyed that you can't unlock traders immediately

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

sandoz posted:

everything gets broken down automatically, but your stash isn't shared between settlements unless you have 6 charisma

lol

wait that's stupid. is it just charisma 6 that shares it, or local leader? I have that, but that really cuts down build options

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I don't remember new vegas at all, i didn't know you could crucify anyone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh good i think i have 6 cha already

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

wait that's stupid. is it just charisma 6 that shares it, or local leader? I have that, but that really cuts down build options

local leader rank 1, and then you have to assign settlers to trade routes between your settlements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the assignment thing is gonna suck cause afaik theres no overview so you basically have to hunt down a person and point them at a plant or w/e.

• Locked thread