Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

DonVincenzo posted:

If you need four fancy chairs to make a bench you live in a pretty hosed up world.

I could see that working in the current Fallout 4 "housing" system, but in a fantasy setting for guild halls :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

8 gold a week, is not enough to make me care.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

orcane posted:

"looks pretty" is very low on my list of things GW2 has to get right nowadays, hth

Anet knows how to make things look good, now they need to figure out how to design and balance the actual game parts. Any day now, it has only been three years.

Re: guild hall furniture, I like the bench some guy linked in this reddit thread: http://imgur.com/YjGZZ5k (not asurabutt.jpg)

the best part is using something that somebody else crafted to boost your own scribe score, thereby advancing your own while completely loving theirs

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Kajeesus posted:

gently caress the haters, Tangled Depths is the best zone. :colbert:

I'll grant that the scaling on events could use a lot of tuning, and that the map is not very helpful in navigating it, but it's so gorgeous and full of badass setpieces.

orcane posted:

"looks pretty" is very low on my list of things GW2 has to get right nowadays, hth

Anet knows how to make things look good, now they need to figure out how to design and balance the actual game parts. Any day now, it has only been three years.

Re: guild hall furniture, I like the bench some guy linked in this reddit thread: http://imgur.com/YjGZZ5k (not asurabutt.jpg)

Games > The MMO HMO > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - The Prettiest Cluster You Ever hosed

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Also Tangled Depths is great. Learn to navigate and quit being babies.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I want to know what the gear reqs will be for raiding. The way design has been going lately, I could see it being "be decked out in ascended gear for a chance at ascended gear!"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

xZAOx posted:

I want to know what the gear reqs will be for raiding. The way design has been going lately, I could see it being "be decked out in ascended gear for a chance at ascended gear!"

Naw, that's not ANet's style. I can more easily imagine the drops being recipes for ascended equipment, which require oiled versions of every ingredient, except for paddings, hilts and such, which have to be made into the new glistening ingredients.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I think everyone has kind of come to the conclusion that they can't tune the game around the 5-15% difference between ascended and exotic.

That being said, it may very well end up requiring a non-zero level of preparation and coordination.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lonk posted:

Also Tangled Depths is great. Learn to navigate and quit being babies.

The map itself is fine once you get past the "how the gently caress do I get to that event over there" stage. It's the event meta that sucks balls. The outposts take 30 minutes to get to tier 4 but the gerent is only every 2 hours, so if you want to keep your participation bonus you gotta hang out in a static map just waiting, and then it fails every time.

Also gently caress Chak holy poo poo.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I found an easter egg

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 11, 2015

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

One of the schools I'm addressing an envelope to for work is "Orr Elementary," and all I can picture are little kids shrieking "Death...good!"

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

xZAOx posted:

That was fractals before HoT, and it was great for free gear for alts.

Now there's a bunch of RNG poo poo to salvage out of ascended gear too so it's still valuable.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm closing in on my first 28 day login reward and I'm wondering what the better investment is, legendary crafting gear for when I decide to do one or laurels to convert to gold?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm closing in on my first 28 day login reward and I'm wondering what the better investment is, legendary crafting gear for when I decide to do one or laurels to convert to gold?

Even if you want to craft a legendary I'm pretty sure laurels are still better by way of the T6 mats.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Laurels are definitely the best choice. Use them to buy a berserker ascended amulet so that you don't have to be one of the goons complaining about berserker ascended amulets because they converted all of their laurels into 3g worth of t6 blood like idiots.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm currently working on a pumpkin juzzle in the guild hall.

Ideally it would lead to that little island above the spawn. I'm convinced it's possible to get there.

This sheer wall is as far as I've gotten. There's a very handy ledge up there, but you need to glide off a pumpkin to get to it and I just can't pull it off with the glider randomness from Europing. Also we outta pumpkins. :smith:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ItBurns posted:

Laurels are definitely the best choice. Use them to buy a berserker ascended amulet so that you don't have to be one of the goons complaining about berserker ascended amulets because they converted all of their laurels into 3g worth of t6 blood like idiots.

Already done, it's my first full month of logins since I quit about a year ago and just came back for the expansion. I'm currently sitting on 70 laurels since I'm still trying to get up to speed on all the changes

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

xZAOx posted:

Direct quotes from Anet is that ascended is reccomended

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 11, 2015

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Direct quotes from Anet is ascended is reccomended

Yeah, but there is way more difference between classes and specs than there is between exotic and ascended.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Kajeesus posted:

I'm currently working on a pumpkin juzzle in the guild hall.

Ideally it would lead to that little island above the spawn. I'm convinced it's possible to get there.

This sheer wall is as far as I've gotten. There's a very handy ledge up there, but you need to glide off a pumpkin to get to it and I just can't pull it off with the glider randomness from Europing. Also we outta pumpkins. :smith:

SFD has 800+ pumpkins, we have jumping puzzles all over our hall its cool. I guess you could buy 100 buckets to make a ladder but you'll need 200 crystalline ore and 50g

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Stormgale posted:

They also told us we could play how we want, and you see how that turned out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Stormgale posted:

they don't actually know how to play their own game, too, so

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Yeah the dps gap between classes is enormous and in no way balanced. There is no way, with that disparity, that gear could be a determining factor.

We're not talking about a difference of a few percent that has had raiders up in arms in past games. They have made like no effort to keep damage specs between classes near equal.

And that is fine because it was never meant to be a game that did. One just hopes they realize this and tune their raid accordingly. If not, I guess get your engi geared up?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

I want to earn ascended gear by poo poo posting, when will Failnet listen to there veteran players????

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Also gently caress Chak holy poo poo.

Only good thing about chak is that dope claw hand focus skin.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Visidan posted:

SFD has 800+ pumpkins, we have jumping puzzles all over our hall its cool. I guess you could buy 100 buckets to make a ladder but you'll need 200 crystalline ore and 50g

Goon Squad only has 300, of which I think I purchased half. I was a fool for thinking that common decorations would be similarly priced. :argh:

E: Update: made it to the ledge, ledge less helpful than expected.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 11, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

how many pieces of legendary armor is it going to take to add a mystic forge to the guild hall

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
All I want is an official Pact Camp Trash Bonfire.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kajeesus posted:

Goon Squad only has 300, of which I think I purchased half. I was a fool for thinking that common decorations would be similarly priced. :argh:

Yeah I think most of us were waiting to buy a billion chairs and baskets and flowerpots to decorate the hall with, I know I was :saddowns:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Kajeesus posted:

are some of these pumpkins already in place? I'm there and can't see a pumpkin stairs to heaven

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

SansWetware posted:

Yeah the dps gap between classes is enormous and in no way balanced. There is no way, with that disparity, that gear could be a determining factor.

We're not talking about a difference of a few percent that has had raiders up in arms in past games. They have made like no effort to keep damage specs between classes near equal.

And that is fine because it was never meant to be a game that did. One just hopes they realize this and tune their raid accordingly. If not, I guess get your engi geared up?

Wait... engis are the top dps class?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

malhavok posted:

Wait... engis are the top dps class?

IIRC this is some ~=***[DnT]***=~ thing that requires mobs standing on the thin fire field made by flamethrower and also pressing 300 buttons in order, so yes it works great for the target dummy.

Otherwise they're great, but not the best.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Liberatore posted:

Two bosses. Each one rewards 2 gold and one compendium. However the rewards are doubled for the newest wing, so you will actually earn 8 gold and 4 compendiums per week.

The gold is poo poo, but I'd probably do them -- assuming their design isn't poo poo -- for the compendiums alone, as they grant mastery XP. Plus the ascended gear as drops thing seems cool.

Yea but how much mastery xp I wonder, ideally it work like tomes, a whole level but I doubt that's the case and I'm expecting the bosses to be insanely overtuned day 1 and just be a huge slog.

The gold is to little to make me give a poo poo when I can make that in an hour doing the sparkfly farming route+teq, the cosmetics sound neat but I'm expecting the drop rate to be like in the negative numbers.

I'll sit on the raids and see how they go for others, watch streams and poo poo then give it a try myself

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
If you are wanting to immediately monetise your loyalty then the best value at the moment is ascended crafting materials on average. 20 laurels are worth 12.9 / 14.1g while 1.5 ascended materials are worth 14.1 / 15.4g at buy/sell.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

My first run in the new zone and I was lost and stupidly said "sure" when someone asked for help on a hero point. I had no idea how to get there and oh good it's a bunch of jumps up a bunch of wreckage. The person was so patient they even came to where I was, showed me each individual place to jump and didn't even yell at me when I arsed it up multiple times (they should have, I was yelling at myself). Sometimes the players in this game are just the best people. Also reaper holyshit they better not nerf it to boredom because goddamn.

or at least please stop nerfing pve - nerf pvp all you want i don't care - leave pve as FUN please. I even wondered why the hell everyone was whining about raptors until I took one of my other classes in and they got promptly ravaged every time they saw a flock of those loving things.

Reaper eats raptor hordes for breakfast.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

they don't actually know how to play their own game, too, so

I hope you two are right just because i'd like to try raiding but I just started playing a week ago and thus getting ascended gear is so far out of my league.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh man, I got the Flameseeker Prophecies pre collection and the very first step for making the Chosen is to make a book called an Anthology of Villains, and take it with you to kill a bunch of bosses.

Except that it needs Weaponsmithing 350 to make, oh, and also Scribing 300. Which you require to make the 13 sheets of quality paper needed. Which so far don't even have an entry on the wiki beyond 'made by scribes somehow'. And are currently bugged to be accountbound, and a fix is still in progress. Basically I hope you didn't want to make a shield legendary!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I guess I'm getting a bit on the glowy side now.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Illuyankas posted:

Scribing 300

holy lol. please Colin don't let birdstaff require scribing :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

holy lol. please Colin don't let birdstaff require scribing :negative:

I have a feeling you're gonna have a bad time on that.

Seriously what the hell is up with the insane scribe grind.

• Locked thread